Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XIV - Game Over! Mafia win!  (Read 53312 times)

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XIV - Day 1- It begins
« Reply #165 on: August 24, 2010, 06:34:12 pm »

Votecount:
eclipsetail - {1} - Scatterbrain
Scatterbrain - {0}
USEC_OFFICER - {0}
shibdib - {0}
Zako - {1} - USEC_OFFICER
TheBroodyMoods - {0}
Spartan 117 - {1} - shibdib
breadbocks - {3} - Spartan 117, Zathras, TheBroodyMoods
Zathras - {3} - Zako, breadbocks, eclipsetail

Not voting

If there are any errors, please tell me.

Day ends in 24 hours. If the day ends in a tie, it will be a no lynch.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 24, 2010, 06:43:53 pm »

Hrm. Looks like the vote are in the order they were posted, and it seems like there is no bandwagon on me, just people voting for me. On Zathras looks like eclipse is bandwagoning. :/
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 24, 2010, 07:12:38 pm »

Day ends in 24 hours. If the day ends in a tie, it will be a no lynch.
Don't do that. That's a bad thing for beginners to have to deal with.

Which means I'm talking to you, beginners.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 24, 2010, 07:15:24 pm »

What, you think it should be a double-lynch?  That's not really better.  It's their responsibility to get off their asses and extend the day when needed.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 24, 2010, 07:27:32 pm »

EXTEND DAY.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 24, 2010, 07:36:27 pm »

1 extension request heard. 4 or 5 required to extend the day.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 24, 2010, 07:39:07 pm »

I agree Extend Plz need to read thru again, so many posts for 1 day.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 24, 2010, 07:39:28 pm »

Oppose day extension.

C'mon guys, let's keep the game moving, not rehash the same five trite arguments for the rest of the week. I think there's enough data out there for everyone to make an informed decision.

As Zako said, put your money where your mouth is, make a vote, and stand up to the consequences without hiding behind the clock and counting the lurking hours for one or two more days.

I see the votecount is posted. I will go on record and say that I will support a lynch of Breadbox, Spartan 117, or Zako. My vote remains where it is for now, but I may change it depending on how the rest of the town thinks the game should proceed; voting for any of those three is OK with me. The three of them are scummy. There are only two scum, so one of them is being stupid, but that's not news. Who do you guys think is the scummiest, and which one(s) the stupid that should be allowed to live another day?

Also, I think the most dangerous possibility is that the scumteam is Breadbox and eclipsetail, both hiding behind acts of noobishness and stupidity to avoid the noose. If they eventually win and flip scum, I will personally go to the mafia wiki and change the BBB gambit page to read "may work against gullible players", and will nominate eclipse for an Emmy.

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 24, 2010, 07:43:23 pm »

I'm not changing my vote unless during the extension something super scummy happens, but I wouldnt mind more time to review the thread. Theirs been alot of scummy posts, your most recent one included, that deserve another once over.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 24, 2010, 07:43:56 pm »

What, you think it should be a double-lynch?  That's not really better.  It's their responsibility to get off their asses and extend the day when needed.
No, I think the Day should be extended until someone breaks the tie. That way it's not completely anti-Town.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 24, 2010, 08:17:13 pm »

Extend day.

Don't use what I said against the townies scumbag. It was refering to you doing a lot of FoS, and wanting you to back them up with a vote, not rushing the townies to a vote, like scum would.

Broody, you can vote how you want, I can't stop you or anyone else for that matter, but just keep my arguement in mind when he flips town.

USEC, because I can see the same patterns happening here. And also in the game where webadict did the same thing. Both turned out bad for town.

Breadbocks, dont ever spread WIFOM. Bad for town as it confuses them. Confused town is dead town.

Spartan is looking scummier and scummier. Not as much as Zathras though.

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of men; Slayer of /hench/ men
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 24, 2010, 08:25:27 pm »

I'll ask for an Extend day as well.

Webaddict is right, a tie would be more confusing than good. But there has only been 4 people really posting with any sort of consistency, which is also no good. I say we have a sudden death after 5pm tomorrow.

See how the cards land then.

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Oh PLEASE be my prisoner!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 25, 2010, 01:46:30 pm »

well, i'm not going to do this bit with formal quotes and stuff. please trust me that i've read through the thread thoroughly enough to arrive at these conclusions ;)

to begin; a tie ain't good for town, for various reasons. and, as i have already stated, my vote was placed on eclipsetail as he was my 2nd choice of scum, and it seemed reasonable to think that breadbocks would be gone by the end of the day anyway. so it make sense that, rather than a tie, it would be better if i switched my vote to breadbocks. but zathras appeared to have flown under my radar a bit, so i took a looksee through his posts again.

it seems that most of the bile is coming from he keenness to end day early - something that i have already stated i am against - but, on the whole, when he did reverse his decision, his reasons were legit enough. but what's getting me more is how he's chasing down breadbocks, a guy who's lynching was practically a certainty anyway, and in the meanwhile is pointing lots of FoS's. while i'm keeping in mind that it could be a scum playing it safe whilst redirecting a bit of attention away from himsself, for now, i'll put it down to the fact that it's still day one, and having a go at a variety of different people is still an acceptable tactic.

but i'm getting a bit carried away here. i feel that there are greater threats at hand; in descending order -

breadbocks, for his opening behaviour and, frankly, feeble attempts to clear his name, most of which pretty much incriminated him further

spartan and, to a lesser extent, shibdib; for lurking, plain and simple. here i am, trying for scumtells on a guy that, on the whole, seems (at the moment!) safe, and these two haven't been given serious consideration for lynching. don't think you'll get away with it tomorrow.

eclipsetail - for reasons i've already pointed out. can't believe that this guy is getting an easy ride.

so, why am i suggesting more than two candidates for scum? it's like i said a few pages back; tomorrow i could be dead, and my suspicions would go unvoiced. better to tell all while i still can.

oh, and back to the reason that i made this post. for now, zathras is (sort of) in the clear; enough so to make it an easy decision to switch my vote to the dude that has consistently been my number one suspicion for scum (already explained why i wasn't voting for him before), and make sure a nolynch doesn't happen.

unvote
vote breadbocks

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 25, 2010, 01:53:08 pm »

it seems that most of the bile is coming from he keenness to end day early - something that i have already stated i am against - but, on the whole, when he did reverse his decision, his reasons were legit enough. but what's getting me more is how he's chasing down breadbocks, a guy who's lynching was practically a certainty anyway, and in the meanwhile is pointing lots of FoS's. while i'm keeping in mind that it could be a scum playing it safe whilst redirecting a bit of attention away from himsself, for now, i'll put it down to the fact that it's still day one, and having a go at a variety of different people is still an acceptable tactic.

Uhhhh.... Scatter? o_o

Oppose day extension.

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Oh PLEASE be my prisoner!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 25, 2010, 02:02:25 pm »

Uhhhh.... Scatter? o_o

Oppose day extension.

you called? also, was referring to zathras here. i know, i'm not very clear, please do ask if it doesn't make sense :p

(gonna answer questions from rest of thread in next post)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27