Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XIV - Game Over! Mafia win!  (Read 53309 times)

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of men; Slayer of /hench/ men
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XIV - Day 1- It begins
« Reply #135 on: August 23, 2010, 07:12:14 pm »

Well, Arse. I hope I haven't caused anyone to lean towards Zathras unduly.

I might just get spoilspec, please? I see you've got another replacement who called it before Webaddict and I.

Dude, it is totally your fault. :/

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 23, 2010, 07:14:12 pm »

Well, Arse. I hope I haven't caused anyone to lean towards Zathras unduly.

I might just get spoilspec, please? I see you've got another replacement who called it before Webaddict and I.

Sure. I'll send you the spoilspec PM in a sec.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 23, 2010, 07:16:38 pm »

May I ask what a spoilspec is?

Sorry if I missed it somewhere here.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 23, 2010, 07:19:43 pm »

May I ask what a spoilspec is?

Sorry if I missed it somewhere here.

Spoiled Spectate. Basically, I send him a PM that tells him who has what roles.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 23, 2010, 07:39:36 pm »

In any case, since shibdib has rejoined and has to catch up, and the gambit (that NEVER WAS) is no loner in place, I withdraw my shorten request, though my vote remains on breadbocks for being too scummy and dumb to live.

You see, I have a problem with this: what is the logic in preventing a player from commenting at all with a day shorten? Is it to motivate him to show up?

"Oh, now that he's here- we don't need to hurry up and make sure he doesn't get to say anything".

Why shorten the day to try and punish a lurker? What is the point?

The shorten request had nothing to do with shibdib or the lurking. As I mentioned earlier, it was for breadbox, specifically at the beginning, when there were already enough votes to hammer him, and it was clear he should go down -- shorten so we can move on and can get back to the game. I make this position clear at least twice:

a) The original shorten request:
Yeah... on the other hand, I'd rather the game proceed faster and that breadbox does get the noose. I agree we need to get back into deliberations, RVS and scumhunting, but the BBB thing would just prevent or distract from that. I'd rather not wait until wednesday for this to end. Also, if we just ignore breadbox, we get the worst possible result: the BBB works and someone tries it again.
Day end or Day shortening, whichever gets it done faster.

b) The lurking conversation with Zako:
For the record, my shorten request relates to the BBB thing, not lurkers; the lurkers can die in the fullness of time, but the actively stupid/anti-town/obvscum/don't-really-wanna-play ones should die faster or we risk them taking the game down with them.

The shorten was to get bread out of the way so the grown-ups could have a nice game of mafia, probably with only one scum left. The withdrawal is as a courtesy to shibdib, who has two days of catch-up to do.

As to my previous point, you seem to be ruthlessly pursuing breadbocks as "too dumb to live" (at very least). You're championing a cause that is all but won.
Thanks. I find it hard to abide by a "just for the lulz", "too lazy", "don't really want to play" attitude in a mafia game. Uselessness is almost as bad for town as scum. The fact that breadbox seems to be both makes the cause worthy, but it's not won until he hangs, or until our discussion about it makes someone else drop such an obvious scumtell that we bag a clear mafioso first. But letting breadbox live just encourages this behaviour. We can't have that.

Zathras, for your money, if we lynched you who gets night killed first?
Hmmm... probably you, or scatterbrain. Whoever is doing the most actual scumhunting will be the mafia's best target, especially if they have been targeting the right person.

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 23, 2010, 07:48:21 pm »

If I can I'll veto any lengthen requests on account of me not being available earlier. I'm fairly caught up and my vote stands as is. Half the posts seem to be pointless back and forth that no1 should read much into, and I've already picked apart a few of the ones that might have some info that raises a flag or 2. But beyond that I'm good to go.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 07:53:09 pm by shibdib »

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 23, 2010, 07:53:50 pm »

Er, forgot about the no edit thing.. second game.. Only further added why I dont need more time, wont happen again.

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of men; Slayer of /hench/ men
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 23, 2010, 08:12:42 pm »

In any case, since shibdib has rejoined and has to catch up, and the gambit (that NEVER WAS) is no loner in place, I withdraw my shorten request, though my vote remains on breadbocks for being too scummy and dumb to live.

You see, I have a problem with this: what is the logic in preventing a player from commenting at all with a day shorten? Is it to motivate him to show up?

"Oh, now that he's here- we don't need to hurry up and make sure he doesn't get to say anything".

The shorten request had nothing to do with shibdib or the lurking. As I mentioned earlier, it was for breadbox, specifically at the beginning, when there were already enough votes to hammer him, and it was clear he should go down -- shorten so we can move on and can get back to the game. I make this position clear at least twice:

If that's true, why mention Shibdib at all? I may be harping on the smallest of points, but I don't like the inconsistency.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 23, 2010, 08:29:16 pm »

If that's true, why mention Shibdib at all? I may be harping on the smallest of points, but I don't like the inconsistency.

There is no inconsistency. As I said, he's back, needs the time, and is a factor in my decision to withdraw. You imply that he was a factor in my decision to request it, but nowhere I say that. I requested it for breadbox, I withdraw it for shibdib. No inconsistency.

On other things, what do you think about Spartan? Do you have opinions on the surprisingly quiet USEC?

Eclipsetail, how about you? I've seen you try to defend from scatterbrain, but have you formed any opinions of your own? Who do you think are the four most scummy players at the moment, and why?

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 23, 2010, 08:34:05 pm »

I don't see how I defended anybody. Explain.
And right now I don't have many thoughts on the scummy, besides breadbocks, for obvious reasons.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 23, 2010, 08:50:05 pm »

I don't see how I defended anybody. Explain.
Read.
Eclipsetail, how about you? I've seen you try to defend from scatterbrain, but have you formed any opinions of your own?

And right now I don't have many thoughts on the scummy, besides breadbocks, for obvious reasons.

Hmm... no thoughts at all? In the last three days and almost 150 posts, nothing comes to mind? You did know what mafia was before you joined, yes?

Note that this blank stare of yours could be the result of a total newbie who knows nothing about the game and can't be arsed to try, or it could be a cover for a scum saying "I don't know! I don't know! Just ignore me until night falls and I kill you in your sleep!"

Can you give us some reasons why the town is better off with you than without you?

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 23, 2010, 09:02:17 pm »

I do know what it is.
And I have a few other people in mind of who might be scum, but I'm trying to put it all together before I post anything.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 23, 2010, 09:58:29 pm »

Well, it seems the lurking shibdib has returned! Yay! Get scumhunting, you have a lot to catch up on.

Ok this take this from the top, starting with Zathras:

Breadbox, much to my surprise, I can see Zako's point earlier. You really are an idiot.

What's this? Admitting I was right? Can I say, I told you so?

Onto other things, Spartan. He is totally scum-lurking.

Nice deflection onto the lurker to get attention away from yourself. Can't hide from me, scumsucker.

And even after outright saying that spartan is scum, he still prefers to vote for the idiot, which he acknowledged was infact an idiot.

Spartan, you are scum lurking. Major FoS on you, It's only breadbox that stops me from voting you outright.

Dude, if you think spartan is scum VOTE FOR HIM. Pressure the scumbag! Saying he's scum and not voting for him but voting for the idiot instead is scummy.

And theres this which I don't really understand:

...Uselessness is almost as bad for town as scum.

Are you supporting scum here? Are you saying that it's harder to be scum than town or something? Clarify this for me please.

Plus you saying that shibdib needs the time to play, disreguarding your shortening of the day? Wut? You're going back on yourself.

Spartan:

Get more active man. Your looking scummy. Why aren't you scumhunting as much as you should be?

TheBroodyMoods:

I don't know who would get NK'd tonight. I'm going with my guts and I think you would get shanked tonight. As for scum: Zathras is scum. Eclipsetail looks a bit scummy, as well as Spartan.

I see that you also caught onto the backflip Zathras did.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 23, 2010, 10:05:07 pm »

Zako, those thoughts about Zathras was basicly what I was thinking.
I just couldn't put it all together, but you did.
I really don't think Bread is scum now. I just think he's being weird.

Unvote. Zathras, what do you think of the game so far?

I currently think Zathras and Spartan are scum. That's about it so far though.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 23, 2010, 11:12:27 pm »

Breadbox, much to my surprise, I can see Zako's point earlier. You really are an idiot.
What's this? Admitting I was right? Can I say, I told you so?
You are right in saying he's an idiot, you are not right in saying he's obvtown. I have no problem admitting others being right when they are, but I have not agreed with you that he's not scum. If I thought he was obvtown, as you have said he is, I would unvote him. But I didn't, so I don't.

You are back on your avid, endless defense of breadbox, Zako. Still uncertain what would your scumteam would do without him?

And even after outright saying that spartan is scum, he still prefers to vote for the idiot, which he acknowledged was infact an idiot.
Dude, if you think spartan is scum VOTE FOR HIM. Pressure the scumbag! Saying he's scum and not voting for him but voting for the idiot instead is scummy.
Idiot and scum, is what I said. And I'm perfectly prepared to vote for Spartan if he gives me more reason to do so. For the moment, I'm applying my pressure where I believe the weakest link of the scum chain is. Zako, you agree with me that Spartan is scummy; is he scummier than I? scummier than breadbox? If so, why don't you vote him?

I do think spartan is scummy, and if the opportunity presents to lynch him, even instead of breadbox, I would go for it. But for the moment, breadbox is scummier in my mind, and his antics can't be tolerated, so he gets my vote. Both spartan and zako are close seconds, though, as I have stated since yesterday.

And theres this which I don't really understand:

...Uselessness is almost as bad for town as scum.

Are you supporting scum here? Are you saying that it's harder to be scum than town or something? Clarify this for me please.
Sure: scum is bad for town; uselessness is bad for town; scum is worse for town because they get a night kill, uselessness doesn't get a night kill; therefore, uselessness is almost as bad for town as scum is bad for town. They are both bad for town, scum is worse because they kill.

Clearer? If your parser can't deal with that, I'll try a diagram.

Plus you saying that shibdib needs the time to play, disreguarding your shortening of the day? Wut? You're going back on yourself.
Please read my previous post to Broody where I address this very point. I didn't disregard it, I made a shorten request to get rid of breadbox, and withdrew it as a courtesy to shibdib, so he can catch up.

Zako, those thoughts about Zathras was basicly what I was thinking.
I just couldn't put it all together, but you did.
I really don't think Bread is scum now. I just think he's being weird.

Unvote. Zathras, what do you think of the game so far?

I currently think Zathras and Spartan are scum. That's about it so far though.

Wow, thank you for that very useful post, eclipse. Bandwagon much? You do know that's a scumtell, don't you? Do you have any thoughts of your own? Does it worry you to appear scummy by jumping on the second bandwagon so far? You jumped quickly on the chance to hang breadbox, when it seemed safe. They you withdrew, and now that votes pile against me, you jump in now that it seems safe. I detect a pattern, which I would immediately accuse of scum, if it wasn't for your obvious noobishness. I tell you, eclipsetail, if your performance is an act, you have me fooled and I'll kick myself.

What do I think of the game? It's been fun so far. I didn't realize how deep the well of noobishness was in the beginners' game, but other than that, it's been interesting. If you meant anything more specific, please refer to my previous posts where I list my suspicions, and reasons, or ask more specific questions.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27