Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XIV - Game Over! Mafia win!  (Read 53244 times)

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Oh PLEASE be my prisoner!'
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XIV - Day 1- It begins
« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2010, 05:40:08 am »

hmm. day shorten is a bit of a double edged sword. on the plus side, breadbocks' general moronity has pretty much everyone convinced that he's scum (me included, but i won't be changing my vote until i hear from shibdib), and getting scum lynched sooner rather than later keeps the pressure on. but the big, big downside is that there are still plenty of people that we just don't have tabs on; whether they just haven't posted yet or are outright lurking, at best they're a weak spot in the towns defence and, at worst, outright scummy. we need to hear from them, even if, for today's inevitable lynching, it won't be quite so important in the very immediate future. therefore, i won't be voting for a day shorten, and i advise you guys to do the same.

while i'm here, i'd like to extend the last question i asked of shibdib to USEC_OFFICER; what did you think of the last beginners mafia, and what did you learn from it?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 22, 2010, 05:48:42 am »

Woah, shortening the day already? Isn't that a bit premature? eclipsetail, I think you had better explain yourself, since only scum would benefit from a shortening this early.

As to the scumbuddy question, I wouldn't know. And what would you like to know Broody? Plus, I see how you use Random.org to distance yourself from the vote on me. Don't be shy, thats scummy!

Plus, I saw that you supported the shortening Zathras and Breadlocks. Explain yourselves!

Sorry for being late, I had a lot to do today, uni stuff and all that.

I oppose the day shortening. It's stupid to shorten so soon just on the stupidity of one newbie. Scum would love that.

And FYI, I personally don't think bread is scum. Stupid townie, sure, but scum wouldn't do something this stupid and then TALK ABOUT THE GAMBIT THAT THEY ARE DOING. I'm not trying to spread WIFOM here, but scum wouldn't be trying to get this attention onto them this early. Scum would instead take advantage of it and try to shorten the day to kill a townie for free.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2010, 06:01:43 am »

Breadbocks, why are you being a jerkface?
I'd just like to let you know, breadbocks, that acting like me will not let you live through this game. Yes, voting for yourself is funny and brings lots of information to vote on, but you've got to have a talent to defend the oncoming crapstorm that'll spew up.

Seriously, it's just inadvisable to do that. Just as it's inadvisable to end the Day. It'll lead to a very unwanted witchhunt that'll ALSO not end well.

So, having the town's best interest at heart is a very good thing right now. If you're going to be lynched, fight back. Bring up more information. Try to frame someone if you're scum. DO SOMETHING.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2010, 06:05:52 am »

Reminding you of something webby?

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2010, 06:39:56 am »

Cancel extension

I didn't get to post it yesterday, so...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2010, 06:45:36 am »

Reminding you of something webby?
Go suck a lemon.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2010, 10:16:22 am »

Cancel Day End
I'd just like to let you know, breadbocks, that acting like me will not let you live through this game. Yes, voting for yourself is funny and brings lots of information to vote on, but you've got to have a talent to defend the oncoming crapstorm that'll spew up.

Seriously, it's just inadvisable to do that. Just as it's inadvisable to end the Day. It'll lead to a very unwanted witchhunt that'll ALSO not end well.

So, having the town's best interest at heart is a very good thing right now. If you're going to be lynched, fight back. Bring up more information. Try to frame someone if you're scum. DO SOMETHING.
Is there point to quoting yourself? SCUM ALERT! :P
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2010, 10:19:03 am »

Cancel Day End

Is there point to quoting yourself? SCUM ALERT! :P
I am webadict. I do what I want.

Also, I'm telling you to stop being an idiot, so, yeah, I can do that.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 22, 2010, 10:39:10 am »

Votecount:
eclipsetail - {1} - Zako
Scatterbrain - {0}
USEC_OFFICER - {1}- USEC_OFFICER
shibdib - {1} - Scatterbrain
Zako - {0}
TheBroodyMoods - {0}
Spartan 117 - {1} - breadbocks
breadbocks - {4} - TheBroodyMoods, Spartan 117, eclipsetail, Zathras
Zathras - {0}

Not voting
shibdib

Day ends Wednesday, 7:00 PM EST
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 22, 2010, 10:42:34 am »

I am webadict. I do what I want.

Also, I'm telling you to stop being an idiot, so, yeah, I can do that.

*cheers*

Thanks for helping with the ICing, doodabuddy :3
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 22, 2010, 11:26:53 am »

Well, he did it before, and to bad results. The town got really screwed up that game...

Don't do it here, its not good.

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Oh PLEASE be my prisoner!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 22, 2010, 12:26:35 pm »

USEC isn't voting for himsself. his vote was for... zako, i think?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 22, 2010, 01:04:56 pm »

Not sure, we was at some point, now hes just lurking around. Again, I suspect.

Tell me eclipsetail, why did you cancel your shortening of the day? Chickening out now that you've drawn my eye?? You still haven't answered my question from before, btw. And don't forget to answer my question either Zathras. I'm getting to you in a bit.

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of men; Slayer of /hench/ men
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 22, 2010, 01:19:02 pm »

As to the scumbuddy question, I wouldn't know. And what would you like to know Broody? Plus, I see how you use Random.org to distance yourself from the vote on me. Don't be shy, thats scummy!

Plus, I saw that you supported the shortening Zathras and Breadlocks. Explain yourselves!

First, I used the way recommended by Vector- but admittedly was being overly cautious in explaining my reason for the vote (this is a beginner mafia game). You hadn't voted for anyone, or even posted (at that time the only vote was Breadbock's for himself, though). I suppose what I would like to know is 'how are you', 'any notions'? It's a bit late given the circumstances thus far in the day, but late is better than never.

Second, I didn't support the day shortening/day end vote. I proposed a solution that I thought would be fair and allow everyone to have their say, as Breadbocks is likely going to be lynched anyway- barring some revelation or massive slip of the tongue. Dragging it out until Wednesday would be painful and unnecessary:

Really, Day shorten already?

Some people haven't even posted. We have until Wednesday, we should at least wait until Monday.

I do not think a day shorten helps anyone at all, and I am opposed to it. Its first day. Calm yourselves. Breadbocks will be just as dead tomorrow...

I'm not entirely convinced that Breadbocks is scum, but he is pretty scummy; and this quote is pretty damning:

Again, I wanted an excuse to try it, not that I have one. I see being scum as being an excuse.

Even if he is town, I am comfortable with loosing him, given the circus he created firstday; and no scum in their right mind would night kill a guy this magnetic to people's suspicion.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 22, 2010, 01:25:24 pm »

I should give a sidenote to Dakarian's guide:

Random votes are all about intimidation and saying "I know what you did, you bastard" before you've seen proof.  If you see the slightest flicker of anything, just vote--no reasons necessary.  The important thing is the question, which should help you tease a reaction out of the player.  It's all about getting the initial reaction, while the player is off-guard and hasn't been able to form a plan.

When it's near the beginning of the game, baseless votes are the best way to make a scum player sing.  Some people base their random vote from random.org; others attack whoever they don't recognize, or they think is most dangerous, or those who they think they can easily trick into being scummy.  In any case, no rationale is really needed for your first vote, or votes used just because you want some sort of reaction.  Rationale is generally not required unless you're actually trying to lynch the guy.

That said, vote-hopping without any sort of reason is bad.  Stick on whoever you're questioning for at least a little bit.  It takes time to melt down psychological defenses and build an elaborate enough trap that the person in question will fall in--or, tellingly, stay out.

Hope this helps.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27