Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XIV - Game Over! Mafia win!  (Read 53173 times)

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of men; Slayer of /hench/ men
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XIV - Day 3 - Off with his head! REPLACEMENT NEEDED!
« Reply #360 on: September 09, 2010, 02:25:24 pm »

The suspense is killing me: Just call it, I mean Day End.

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Oh PLEASE be my prisoner!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 09, 2010, 02:55:52 pm »

i thought i'd already implied that i wanted the day to end sooner rather than later? oh well. day end please

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 09, 2010, 03:01:19 pm »

BTW, Scatterbrain/USEC- if you are/were scum- good game.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 09, 2010, 03:21:05 pm »

Let's end this thing. Shorten

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 09, 2010, 03:42:02 pm »

Day's officially over now. Three shortens equals a hammer.

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 09, 2010, 03:43:05 pm »

Web- whose scum, then? I promise not  to change my vote >_>

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 09, 2010, 03:43:53 pm »

Diablous has to do a write-up.

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 09, 2010, 03:45:22 pm »

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

GG, scum. :<

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 09, 2010, 03:49:53 pm »

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

GG, scum. :<
Them's the breaks, kid. I think your major failing was actually on D1, when you switched your vote at the end from breadbocks to Zathras. Like it or not, Zathras was a power player, so lynching him cost the town. It is imperative to lynch lurkers or people that will be unreliable at lylo.

Other than that, you didn't do too bad.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 09, 2010, 04:01:10 pm »

Pretty much what web said. Although, when I would've flipped town, you would've thought Zathras was scum, thus, same end. :-\
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Oh PLEASE be my prisoner!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 09, 2010, 04:04:57 pm »

well you've kinda given away that a townie got lynched today webadict.

and yeah... me and usec are scummy bastards! MWAHAHAHAHaahahaha :D

absolutely brilliant game. scariest bit was when webadict joined - we thought we were boned, and writing up those defensive + the scumtells on breadbocks... that was hard, hard work. brilliant feeling when we realised that it had payed off though. lynching zathras was a lucky break for us, one we didn't expect and we didn't realise how useful it was at the time; ripping the shit out of bread right till the end of the game made my life a good bit easier, i'll tell you that.

on that note... i really need to apologise to breadbocks and shibdib. breadbocks for the mountain of scumtells on day two, and you quit soon after that - you got a baptism of fire mafia-style, to be sure! but i think it was too harsh and probably contributed to your quit later, so sorry for that. and i don't think that your opening gambit (i actually do think it was a gambit though, lol) was quite as stupid as i made it out to be - opening a game in a novel way like that is the kind of creativity that makes mafia more interesting. even if that particular example wasn't... brilliant? also, we did have a good reason for killing you first night shibdib, please believe us :p you had kinda just come back from lurking and were shooting off votes left right and centre, having a loose cannon like that in the game was pretty scary. sorry to continue your run of dying very early in mafia games :( but it's good to see that you're sticking at it in the likes of third party mafia... where you also died super-early. heh. keep at it though, dude!

and yeah, i'd like to repeat the thanks i gave in scumchat to various dude. super props to all of you. and town, for those that didn't lurk, you played a solid game; hats off to broodymoods especially - you just need to make better decisions at the end of the day, i suppose :p you were all great though, and i'd be lying if you didn't have me sweating just a teeny bit at the end there zako.

to conclude: a game with brilliant moments and highs, thoroughly enjoyed it. and i might be scum, but i'm not a bad guy, really ;D

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 09, 2010, 04:07:05 pm »

It's time again. This time Zako must die. It has to be him this time. Aklyon turns to leave to find rope as TheBroodyMoods goes to restrain him. But they both stop when a gunshots ring out, and Zako falls to the ground dead. They turn to see USEC and Scatterbrain pointing guns at them and grinning. More shots are fired, and the last two townies are soon dead.

[/flavor]

Zako has been lynched! Zako was a cop.(Town)

The game is over, scum win!

Roles:

Scum

Scatterbrain- Godfather
USEC_OFFICER- Mafioso

Town
Zako- Cop
eclipsetail- Townie
shibdib- Townie
TheBroodyMoods- Townie
webadict- Townie
Aklyon- Townie
Zathras- Townie

Scum Chat
Dead Chat
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 09, 2010, 04:11:16 pm »

Pretty much what web said. Although, when I would've flipped town, you would've thought Zathras was scum, thus, same end. :-\
Doubtful. He either would've been NKed, or I personally would've protected him the next Day.

Oh, listening to me also might've helped. I am preeeeetty good. I kinda had the scumteam.

absolutely brilliant game. scariest bit was when webadict joined - we thought we were boned, and writing up those defensive + the scumtells on breadbocks... that was hard, hard work. brilliant feeling when we realised that it had payed off though. lynching zathras was a lucky break for us, one we didn't expect and we didn't realise how useful it was at the time; ripping the shit out of bread right till the end of the game made my life a good bit easier, i'll tell you that.

on that note... i really need to apologise to breadbocks and shibdib. breadbocks for the mountain of scumtells on day two, and you quit soon after that - you got a baptism of fire mafia-style, to be sure! but i think it was too harsh and probably contributed to your quit later, so sorry for that. and i don't think that your opening gambit (i actually do think it was a gambit though, lol) was quite as stupid as i made it out to be - opening a game in a novel way like that is the kind of creativity that makes mafia more interesting. even if that particular example wasn't... brilliant? also, we did have a good reason for killing you first night shibdib, please believe us :p you had kinda just come back from lurking and were shooting off votes left right and centre, having a loose cannon like that in the game was pretty scary. sorry to continue your run of dying very early in mafia games :( but it's good to see that you're sticking at it in the likes of third party mafia... where you also died super-early. heh. keep at it though, dude!

and yeah, i'd like to repeat the thanks i gave in scumchat to various dude. super props to all of you. and town, for those that didn't lurk, you played a solid game; hats off to broodymoods especially - you just need to make better decisions at the end of the day, i suppose :p you were all great though, and i'd be lying if you didn't have me sweating just a teeny bit at the end there zako.

to conclude: a game with brilliant moments and highs, thoroughly enjoyed it. and i might be scum, but i'm not a bad guy, really ;D
No, the endgame decision was breadbocks (AND ECLIPSETAIL!)'s fault, actually. Having a replace on the last Day, plus his whole scummy play, caused too much hurt to the Town. Had he been lynched D1 instead, this game would likely have ended fairly well. Had I been alive, you also would've been screwed: With eclipsetail gone (... He is an excellent example of what you NEVER EVER DO IN MAFIA), there was only you two left on the scum list. I would've lynched USEC for sure (There was no way around him being scum), and then would've had to work on finding you again.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XIV - Game Over! Mafia win!
« Reply #373 on: September 09, 2010, 04:13:52 pm »

Doubtful. He either would've been NKed, or I personally would've protected him the next Day.

Oh, listening to me also might've helped. I am preeeeetty good. I kinda had the scumteam.

No, the endgame decision was breadbocks (AND ECLIPSETAIL!)'s fault, actually. Having a replace on the last Day, plus his whole scummy play, caused too much hurt to the Town. Had he been lynched D1 instead, this game would likely have ended fairly well. Had I been alive, you also would've been screwed: With eclipsetail gone (... He is an excellent example of what you NEVER EVER DO IN MAFIA), there was only you two left on the scum list. I would've lynched USEC for sure (There was no way around him being scum), and then would've had to work on finding you again.

Why else did we decide to lynch you? (Well, Scatterbrain choose the lynch. But we decided on that when you came in.)

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XIV - Game Over! Mafia win!
« Reply #374 on: September 09, 2010, 04:14:22 pm »

Roles:

Quote from: Townie
You were just a townsperson before the town was destroyed. Now, you must rely on your wits to figure out who amongst you are the scum who have contributed to destroying your beloved home town, and get the others to vote for them so they will be lynched.

You are a townie. You are town aligned. Each day you may vote for someone you want lynched. At the end of the day, whoever has the most votes is lynched. A tie causes a no lynch. You win when all mafia players are lynched.

Quote from: Cop
You used to be an officer in the police force the town was destroyed. Now, thanks to your training, you can investigate someone each night, looking for evidence to see if they are one of the mafia who contributed to destroyed your home town.

You are a cop. You are town aligned. You can investigate one player each night, and attempt to figure out what alignment they are. You win when all mafia players are lynched.

Quote from: Mafioso
You were a member of the Mafia before the Mafia and the town were destroyed. What remains of the town are trying to figure out who the remnants of the Mafia are. You aren't going to just let them blindly accuse each other until they get lucky and lynch you or your partner. You're going to get these guys before the get you. Each night, you and Scatterbrain will make a decision and kill one of the others. Once there are as many of them as there are of you, they won't be able to stop you. You and Scatterbrain have small, concealable radios on your person. You can use those to communicate between each other without the others finding out.

You are a Mafioso. You are mafia aligned. Scatterbrain is your fellow mafia member. Scatterbrain is a godfather, and comes up town aligned if inspected by the cop. You will still come up mafia if you are inspected. Each night you and Scatterbrain may choose a player to kill. You win when the amount of town players are equal to the amount of mafia players.

Quote from: Godfather
You were the leader of the Mafia before the Mafia and the town were destroyed. What remains of the town are trying to figure out who the remnants of the Mafia are. You aren't going to just let them blindly accuse each other until they get lucky and lynch you or your partner. You're going to get these guys before the get you. Each night, you and USEC_OFFICER will make a decision and kill one of the others. Once there are as many of them as there are of you, they won't be able to stop you. You and USEC_OFFICER have small, concealable radios on your person. You can use those to communicate between each other without the others finding out.

Hiding evidence, you were good at that. No matter how hard people tried, no one could get any evidence that you were in the Mafia. That could be important during these next few days. If someone attempted to investigate you and try to get evidence that you are a part of the mafia, they wouldn't get anything. They would think you are one of them.

You are a Godfather. You are mafia aligned. If inspected, the cop who inspected you will get a town result. USEC_OFFICER is your fellow mafia member. USEC_OFFICER is a Mafioso. X will still come up mafia aligned if inspected. Each night you and USEC_OFFICER may choose a player to kill. You win when the amount of town players is equal to the amount of mafia players.

Actions:

Quote from: Night 1 investigation
Somewhat shaken from Zathras' death and innocence, you decide to see if your suspicions about eclipsetail are correct. You leave your home and head towards eclipsetail's, making sure no one sees you. It would be very bad news if you were seen and others assumed you were one of the Mafia.

You arrive at the house, certain you were not seen. You enter through the unlocked back door. You look carefully over the kitchen you just entered, looking for any signs of traps. You find nothing, and proceed to carefully and silently search the home for any evidence. You find bills, letters, all kinds of crap you find in the average home. But no weapons, nothing that links him to the Mafia. You check your watch. Sun's going to come up soon. You don't want to be here when he wakes up. Your search having turned up nothing, you leave and return to your home. Looks like eclipsetail was innocent all along.

Quote from: Night 1 Kill
USEC and Scatterbrain have made your decision. It's time to off shibdib. And USEC gets to kill him. He packs a few things to bring with him, and leaves his home and heads to shibdib's.

USEC finds him sleeping in his bed room, all alone. He take out a pistol, and then fire each round into shibdib's head. He's dead. But USEC's not done with him yet. He drag the corpse to the kitchen and take out a bone saw. USEC then gets to work and detaches his arms, head, and legs from his torso. Then stuffs the pieces of shibdib into the fridge. That should teach this town that you do not mess with the Mafia.

Quote from: Night 2 Investigation
You depart from your home again. This time you head for TheBroodyMood's house. Hopefully this time you've struck scum.

You stealthily sneak into to the house and find Broody asleep on his couch. Taking care not to make any noise that would awake him, you begin a search of his house. You find lots of things you've seen in the homes of other innocents. Photos, papers, clothes. No weapons. No evidence that he was part of the Mafia. You investigated another innocent. You return to your home, only knowing one man's innocence.

Quote from: Night 2 Kill
The decision is made again. It's time for webadict to die. This time Scatterbrain will do the deed. He heads towards web's house with a chainsaw.

He finds his target, fast asleep, in his bed. web does not wake up when the chainsaw starts up. Seems like he's a heavy sleeper. Scatterbrain raises his chainsaw high, and brings it down on web's neck. It is torn apart and web is decapitated. He won't be giving you guys trouble anymore. You leave the chainsaw behind and return to your home. Got to wash the blood off before the morning.

Thanks for playing everybody!
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27