Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XIV - Game Over! Mafia win!  (Read 53180 times)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XIV - Day 3 - Off with his head! REPLACEMENT NEEDED!
« Reply #345 on: September 07, 2010, 05:03:40 pm »

Pardon me laughing my fvucking ass off at that. Seriously. I can hold townie for 2in-game days, and he didn't last half a day.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 07, 2010, 08:37:25 pm »

where it all began. for now, forget the stories about the 'gambit', and take this by itsself. what motives could he have for doing this? it boils down to two options; 1) innocent stupidity and noobishness, or 2) scum kicking off the game with a goblet of wine that may or may not be situated at the front of my person. at this point - given how it is a newbie game - both are believable. this is without factoring in his 'gambit'.

more noobishness? or more delicious wine? perhaps both? seeing how that's twice now that we have seen some WIFOM, i'm inclined toward the less innocent option, given how scummy WIFOM is at the best of times.

now, why would any townie in there right mind want to confuse the town? especially one who says - and i quote - "I'm in this to win"? if you're in it to win, then why do you want to lead town on what may or may not be a wild goose chase?! now this ISN'T noobish moronity, because he is actually contradicting himsself here. so that's option 1 pretty much eliminated already. he's a noob, but at this point, it's looking like he's a scum-noob, one that has slipped up big-time

why would whether you were being suspected or not be of any concern if you were town? at best, this is just more WIFOM. bad, bad, bad.

now whatever could have possibly happened to being in it to win it; which, if you were, you would be scumhunting, and not generally being a moronic mafioso? see how the scum tries to squirm out of hole he has dug himsself, yet only worms his way further down.

looky here. mr in-it-to-win-it is making a vote on someone, at this very early stage in the game, without even trying to dig more dirt on the person. why not ask some questions, anything that even resembles scumhunting? it's far, far better than nothing at all. even without all the other stuff, this would be highly suspicious by itsself.

you'd think that, no matter how new a guy is to the game, he wouldn't resign himsself to his fate so quickly and easily if he knew that, in the end, he would flip town. or, if you like your wine in front of you, that's what he wants us to think. either way, hugely, hugely scummy.

more wine? oh, no thanks, i've already had more than enough. otherwise... this is just cringeworthy.

i thought you'd given up? well, it appears not, and you go and hop on the bandwagon. without doing any of your own digging. again.
i'm surprised that i need to be pointing this out to people at all, really. (which is why i didn't, till he somehow survived day 1).

firstly, i think it's fair to say that wanting to see your blood is totally reasonable by this point. secondly... what arguments saying that you're not scum?! you basically rolled over and died after making some weaksauce attempts at sticking up for yourself! and what arguments you did give just made things far, far worse! he was being reasonable - the person not being reasonable here is you, for not seeing that your arguments hold about as much water as a sieve.

what do you mean, there wasn't a gambit? you voted for yourself. that, as you yourself proved with the link you provided, was a gambit. and of course you wouldn't say you were scum; that is totally a given, no matter how completely new you are to mafia. and it was so saturated with wine that, really, discerning any meaning from it -  other than that you're a scumbag - is pretty undoable. and being 'too lazy' to scumhunt is... ugh, do i even have to go through this? can i move on please? thank you.

^
Formatted post

USEC, you arent looking at this from my or others point of view. We don't know you are town or scum for certain, and I think that Akloyn is town. Anyway, if I am town, which I am, I'm already dead from telling you guys I'm a cop. I'm not afraid of your shaky logic right now USEC. And its lylo, its not scummy for a cop to say he's a cop on lylo, hes trying to stop the scum winning. And I'm not 'claiming' the cop, I AM the cop.

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Oh PLEASE be my prisoner!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 08, 2010, 03:09:15 am »

wow. this is very-not-good. here's hoping we get a replacement very soon. but until that happens, i might as well make my vote effective and go for one of the scumteam. unvote and vote zako.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 08, 2010, 03:17:49 am »

Gah, sure just bandwagon without a reason. Thats real townie of you. Not.

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 08, 2010, 03:23:32 am »

i've already given my reasons for why you're second on the scumlist, and therefore part of the scumteam. and your last post didn't exactly make your case any better -

^
Formatted post

USEC, you arent looking at this from my or others point of view. We don't know you are town or scum for certain, and I think that Akloyn is town. Anyway, if I am town, which I am, I'm already dead from telling you guys I'm a cop. I'm not afraid of your shaky logic right now USEC. And its lylo, its not scummy for a cop to say he's a cop on lylo, hes trying to stop the scum winning. And I'm not 'claiming' the cop, I AM the cop.

it's as if you're putting out the standard 'hey, i'm not in the mafia, please believe me' post. and i'd say that usec's logic is hardly shaky (reminds me; usec, you're still not coming out as much i would like you to on the last day. we got an extend to talk - got anything else to say on zako? on me? on broody?). if you were town, you would've come out guns a-blazing; what we got was a weak water pistol. don't like it. conclusion: scum.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 08, 2010, 03:53:32 pm »

Zako, in my last game, the one of the scum claimed to be the cop. Read this game here. Notice how at the end, Ottofar says he's the cop, but is actually scum. There is nothing to prevent anybody from saying they are the cop. I don't have the PM that says you are the cop (If it exists), so I have to evaulate whether you are the cop, or are pretending to be.

Can you tell me what makes you think my logic is shaky? Because right now, you aren't looking at things from my perspective, where I know whether I'm town or not, but I have no idea whether you are or not. And right now, your defense shows me that even if my logic was somehow faulty (Which would be surprising, as it's very simple) I still won't completely trust you.

Scatterbrain; I don't have much else to say. The nightkill for day three will confirm or destory my suspicions on people. My guess being that if you survive, you'll probably be scum (unless I die, for if I'm going to be kept alive, it will probably be as a target.)

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of men; Slayer of /hench/ men
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 08, 2010, 05:02:47 pm »

Zako hasn't really convinced me: I'm sticking by my vote for the time being. I can see the possibility of Scatterbrain being scum however. Bandwagon-ing Zako doesn't help, but as per your previous theories, he is your logical second choice.

Psssh, Logic. If logic meant something in this game, Eclipsetail would have flipped scum and breadbocks would have been lynched first day (my bad, you guis).

Should we wait for the replacement or do we just want to call it a day? I'm ready to retire.

Zako, got anything to say?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 08, 2010, 05:05:24 pm »

Zako hasn't really convinced me: I'm sticking by my vote for the time being. I can see the possibility of Scatterbrain being scum however. Bandwagon-ing Zako doesn't help, but as per your previous theories, he is your logical second choice.

Psssh, Logic. If logic meant something in this game, Eclipsetail would have flipped scum and breadbocks would have been lynched first day (my bad, you guis).

Should we wait for the replacement or do we just want to call it a day? I'm ready to retire.

Zako, got anything to say?

Logic really only helps when people claim cop. (Like Zako.)

I'm fine with calling it a day. Days seems dragged out to me.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 08, 2010, 05:20:16 pm »

EDIT: I meant to say that the day seems dragged out to me.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 08, 2010, 06:28:34 pm »

I can tell we've already lost. I'm not going to be able to convince you otherwise, my communication skills just aren't that good. I will however, fight to the end.

I'm not scum, I have only tried to help town in this game. The scum, right now, would vote on the claimed cop to get rid of him and end the game fast. I think that webadict was right in thinking that Scatterbrain is scum, and he's played a good game as scum. As for the second scum player, I think it's USEC. And what am I supposed to be blazing with Scatterbrain? What would you say if your in my position?

USEC, I think your logic is faulty because you are scum. A replacement would do little right now since everyone is going to vote me reguardless, despite me trying to help town not kill themselves.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 08, 2010, 06:32:21 pm »

Zako, the logic does not become faulty just because I could be scum. If I was scum, I would still make the same assumptions as a player who was town, since the scum are trying to act like they are town.

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 09, 2010, 03:31:20 am »

called for a day extension so that aklyon/his replacement could talk. even if we get one before day end, there won't be enough time for it to be of any consequence really; you can finish this up whenever you like diab.

zako, i would've expected simply more if you were the cop. i needed to be convinced otherwise, and i haven't been - like i said, you're not my number one choice, but you're still scummy enough to be in the mafia

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 09, 2010, 04:21:25 am »

Then who IS your number one choice? Why aren't you voting for THEM? Why aren't you talking to them instead of bandwagoning me?

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 09, 2010, 04:40:38 am »

number one choice is the person that's waiting to be replaced (breadbocks/aklyon slot), so i can't really talk to them. either way, a scum's gonna go today, which is a relief.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 09, 2010, 01:20:33 pm »

Votecount:
Scatterbrain - {1} - Zako
USEC_OFFICER - {1} - Aklyon
Zako - {3} - TheBroodyMoods, USEC_OFFICER, Scatterbrain
TheBroodyMoods - {0}
Aklyon - {0}

Not voting

Please inform me of any errors.

Day ends in 5 hours.

you can finish this up whenever you like diab.

I'm still ending the day at 7:30 unless there is a demand to end it early.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27