Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XIV - Game Over! Mafia win!  (Read 53194 times)

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Oh PLEASE be my prisoner!'
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XIV - Day 3 - Off with his head!
« Reply #330 on: September 06, 2010, 04:09:18 pm »

so after a quite spell, i check this thread just before i head off to bed, and there finally some activity! was just about to make a post trying to point out how little there had been. so yeah, just a quick response-post before i catch some Z's

just below you at number three is USEC. he hasn't even been online for the past 7 days, so i don't think that he's lurking with any malicious intent. time to get a replacement if he doesn't answer the poke? and USEC, if you do read this; i'll ask you the same question that zako asked me at the beginning of day 2, as it's pretty relevant here.

Can you point it out/explain? Because the closest thing I could find was about your opinion on me and Broody.

quoted it just underneath. it's this -

...why should I believe you are town? You seem to be fading nicely into the background. Step into the spotlight buddy, show your colors!

make some plays, you're slipping out of focus here, and that ain't good for town; especially at a time like this.

Scatterbrain, you've spoken your mind pretty clearly. I remain suspicious why you've said nothing about me thus far? You and Webaddict had a long back and forth day 2, you did a lot of convincing to move yourself down his scum list. I imagine ottofar flipping town may have moved you up it. Why are you still convinced that Breadbocks/arkylon are scum? How come, given his history with breadbocks, you still insist UCES is still second scum banana?

first, i have talked about you. can't remember if it was today or yesterday, but i came to the conclusion that, despite a few misedemeanors, i still think you're townie. i've seen little reason to change that so far today. second, as i've said, i've been convinced that breadbocks is scum from day 1 - ergo, the player taking over his slot is scum, and he's got a pretty gigantic hole to dig himsself out of (speaking of, arkylon, i know it was the weekend and that you have a big ol' thread to read through, but you HAVE been rather quiet. maybe hear something substantial out of you today?). thirdly... did you mean to type USEC there? cos i don't think i'm following - what history are you referring to exactly? because, from what i recall, USEC has always been pretty suspicious of breadbocks. and besides, he's 3rd on my scumlist, not 2nd.

so basically, i'm hoping to soon hear more from usec/aklyon, even with their respective time restrictions (usec's online time, aklyon needing to read through the rest of the thread, whatever). cos we need to talk. alot.

time for bed? yes, i think so...

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of men; Slayer of /hench/ men
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 06, 2010, 04:23:23 pm »

Scatterbrain, you've spoken your mind pretty clearly. I remain suspicious why you've said nothing about me thus far? You and Webaddict had a long back and forth day 2, you did a lot of convincing to move yourself down his scum list. I imagine ottofar flipping town may have moved you up it. Why are you still convinced that Breadbocks/arkylon are scum? How come, given his history with breadbocks, you still insist UCES is still second scum banana?

first, i have talked about you. can't remember if it was today or yesterday, but i came to the conclusion that, despite a few misedemeanors, i still think you're townie. i've seen little reason to change that so far today. second, as i've said, i've been convinced that breadbocks is scum from day 1 - ergo, the player taking over his slot is scum, and he's got a pretty gigantic hole to dig himsself out of (speaking of, arkylon, i know it was the weekend and that you have a big ol' thread to read through, but you HAVE been rather quiet. maybe hear something substantial out of you today?). thirdly... did you mean to type USEC there? cos i don't think i'm following - what history are you referring to exactly? because, from what i recall, USEC has always been pretty suspicious of breadbocks. and besides, he's 3rd on my scumlist, not 2nd.

so basically, i'm hoping to soon hear more from usec/aklyon, even with their respective time restrictions (usec's online time, aklyon needing to read through the rest of the thread, whatever). cos we need to talk. alot.

time for bed? yes, i think so...

Ah, very good sir. Yes there was a misquote and also a lapse in recollection on my part. You and I likely share the same scum team at the moment.

Zako, however, remains for first choice: He's been buddying-, he's "inspected" me despite having no good reason to do so and still implicitly trusting that Akylon is town.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 06, 2010, 04:32:20 pm »

USEC, What say you to Webaddict's accusation of you? If you're town the best thing you could do now is post and tell us what you know and have observed in the game thus far.

I say that Webaddict had every right to accuse me. I responded with stupid answers, and did little to help my case. But that's why  I'm here, so that I can learn.

Actually, since Breadbocks has gotten a replacement, I am almost sure that Aklyon isn't scum. If Breadbocks was scum, he probably wouldn't have asked to leave the game because he found it boring and a timesink, since he would have had a partner who probably would have argued him out of it, and would help him enjoy it. His complaints looks like someone who is playing town (especially his complaints about the teamwork), and not someone playing scum. Therefore, I now am sure that Aklyon isn't scum.

Therefore, I'm going to have to say that Zako is scum. Because, if I believe Zako's word, I must find Scatterbrain and Aklyon to be scum. But, by my above reasoning, I've decided that Aklyon cannot be scum, forming a paradox if Zako is telling the truth (at least in my eyes.) Thus, unless Aklyon does something scummy, Zako must be lying, and therefore scum.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 06, 2010, 04:47:45 pm »

Votecount:
Scatterbrain - {1} - Zako
USEC_OFFICER - {1} - Aklyon
Zako - {2} - TheBroodyMoods, USEC_OFFICER
TheBroodyMoods - {0}
Aklyon - {1} - Scatterbrain

Not voting

If there are any errors, please tell me.

Day ends Tuesday 7:30 PM EST.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 04:51:57 pm by Diablous »
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 06, 2010, 04:50:24 pm »

Me and Broody are voting for Zako. (This is the second time you've done this.)

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 06, 2010, 04:51:12 pm »

Me and Broody are voting for Zako. (This is the second time you've done this.)

Fixed.
To be partly feline,

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 06, 2010, 09:05:31 pm »

I'm not scum, I'm trying to find scum. I investigated broody since he seemed a bit off to me so I now know that he's town for sure and that he's not trying to mislead. I said I'm cop because it's lylo and we need to lynch scum today, not because I'm scum trying to save myself. What have I got to save myself from excatly? I investigated eclipse because he was acting scummy and I wanted to know for sure if he was infact scum. I suspected that he may have been the godfather, but I didn't vote for him after I got my results.

I'm glad you see Aklyon my way USEC, bread subbing out just speaks volumes of town getting fed up with playing, especially with the way he's been playing before hand. However, you forget that you could be scum and that I am telling the truth.

How have I been buddying? Show me where please. Plus, see scatterbrains post where he says a lot of things about bread that he thinks are scummy. I wanted to see if any were true. What I got was the normal bread reaction; nothing but lack of motivation to play. Sorry for the long quote.

<note; webadict has made a post directed at me since my last one, but i'm going to go ahead and make the post i had planned to make anyway. see next post for stuff relating to that>

here begins the compilation of all of the scumtells that breadbocks has dropped, for purposes already explained, and that are explained again as the post ends.

let us begin, naturally, from the beginning.

To start off the game and generate wtf?'s I contrarily vote breadbocks.

where it all began. for now, forget the stories about the 'gambit', and take this by itsself. what motives could he have for doing this? it boils down to two options; 1) innocent stupidity and noobishness, or 2) scum kicking off the game with a goblet of wine that may or may not be situated at the front of my person. at this point - given how it is a newbie game - both are believable. this is without factoring in his 'gambit'.

now, when he's asked to explain his actions...

Also, breadbocks, in what way does voting for yourself seem like a good idea? You seem to be asking for a Lynch, as opposed to scum hunting. :/
It doesn't. First post, used to generate conversation. No point in making a truly random vote, and I'm interested on how people react to my arbitrary vote. With the mild understanding of thought process I have, I could in theory get a lead on scum. That could be my strategy, or I could be covering the possible scum position I may or may not have by voting for myself leading people to think I'm a Joker type position, or I could be a bored town role/townie. Take that as you will, I'm in this to win, be I a town-sider, a Scum-sider, or a third party.

more noobishness? or more delicious wine? perhaps both? seeing how that's twice now that we have seen some WIFOM, i'm inclined toward the less innocent option, given how scummy WIFOM is at the best of times.

There are no jokers in this game.  There are also no third parties in this game.

Just... FYI.

Damn it. Really? I was looking forward to have an excuse to try the [ur=http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=BBB's_Gambitl]BBB gambit[/url]. Would be interesting to see the town deliberate whether s/he was who they said they were (Scum) and should be lynched, or if they were a Joker.

now, why would any townie in there right mind want to confuse the town? especially one who says - and i quote - "I'm in this to win"? if you're in it to win, then why do you want to lead town on what may or may not be a wild goose chase?! now this ISN'T noobish moronity, because he is actually contradicting himsself here. so that's option 1 pretty much eliminated already. he's a noob, but at this point, it's looking like he's a scum-noob, one that has slipped up big-time

Perhaps you could look at the title of the thread. I'd try it, because I mean, well, take a look:
In recorded history, this has only been performed once, by buhbuhbam13. The most interesting part of this case is that upon performing the Gambit, BBB did not intend to win the game. He, however, did. Here is a small excerpt from that game:
No one would suspect it, and it worked, right?

why would whether you were being suspected or not be of any concern if you were town? at best, this is just more WIFOM. bad, bad, bad.

Who knows what would happen. Then it would be advisable to use as a Joker. Also, it would be hard to rate based on one useage. Either way, I'm in this for the lulz. No way I want to play this straight scumhunting.

now whatever could have possibly happened to being in it to win it; which, if you were, you would be scumhunting, and not generally being a moronic mafioso? see how the scum tries to squirm out of hole he has dug himsself, yet only worms his way further down.

followed very shortly after by...

unvote breadbocks

So, TheBroodyMoods, who holds your suspicion?
I do believe he was clear about how he thought it was me. I can't believe you would be quite so unobservant, Spartan 117.

looky here. mr in-it-to-win-it is making a vote on someone, at this very early stage in the game, without even trying to dig more dirt on the person. why not ask some questions, anything that even resembles scumhunting? it's far, far better than nothing at all. even without all the other stuff, this would be highly suspicious by itsself.

Ah well. I had fun. I suppose saying I'm a townie won't help. C'est La Vie as they say in Frenchland.
I submit to lynching. I had fun screwing around with my, and other, minds.

you'd think that, no matter how new a guy is to the game, he wouldn't resign himsself to his fate so quickly and easily if he knew that, in the end, he would flip town. or, if you like your wine in front of you, that's what he wants us to think. either way, hugely, hugely scummy.

Again, I wanted an excuse to try it, not that I have one. I see being scum as being an excuse.
Day end.

more wine? oh, no thanks, i've already had more than enough. otherwise... this is just cringeworthy.

Breadbocks: In your opinion who is the scummiest player?
Unvote Well, after current events, I'm going to point my finger at Zathrus.

i thought you'd given up? well, it appears not, and you go and hop on the bandwagon. without doing any of your own digging. again.
i'm surprised that i need to be pointing this out to people at all, really. (which is why i didn't, till he somehow survived day 1).

Secondly:
Breadbocks: In your opinion who is the scummiest player?
Unvote Well, after current events, I'm going to point my finger at Zathrus.

I suppose I deserve that for just asking and not being more clear; Why is he the scummiest Player? What makes him more scummy than you, who is very nearly on the verge of being lynched?

Please elaborate.

First, he strikes me as rather suspicious. But since that isn't worth anything, he seems rather intent on seeing my blood, and rather than be reasonable and listen to the arguments saying I'm not scum, which are correct, although I resent the term "idiot", he brushes them aside as if there was no sense in them.
:-\

Fourth:
Because my point stands. The worst case is that we don't lynch breadbox, the BBB gambit works, and someone tries it again. If he eventually (after today) does flip scum, it's even worse. My vote for breadbocks and my request to shorten the day stand.

What strikes me most about your posts is that you seem more blood thirsty than anything. I think its rather obvious he'll be lynched, but you seem to feel uncomfortable with the fact that people are starting to question lynching him at all, even if it is just to explore posts previously made.

I still feel very suspicious of him, but I don't think lynching him and ending the day helps anything except scum getting their night kill. We're not going to magically forget about him if we start to look at other possibilities.
THERE NEVER WAS A GAMBIT. I'm not sure where this emerged. I mentioned it, while saying I really wanted to try it. Then there was a discussion on its merits, which I will concede I was wrong in, and I said I wanted an excuse to try it, and I viewed scum as having an excuse to try it. Never in there did I say I was scum. I understand how it could have gotten mixed up, but I'd've thought someone would have gotten the meaning I gave it. :(
To lazy to pick apart the rest on the post, but there was a mention about how I ought to help scumhunt. Thing is, as has been mentioned earlier, this is my first game, so no clue what constitutes scummy, as opposed to normal or lurkey.

Also, good to know you at least had an excuse for being MIA.

wow. ok, let's break this down a bit.

First, he strikes me as rather suspicious. But since that isn't worth anything, he seems rather intent on seeing my blood, and rather than be reasonable and listen to the arguments saying I'm not scum, which are correct, although I resent the term "idiot", he brushes them aside as if there was no sense in them.
:-\

firstly, i think it's fair to say that wanting to see your blood is totally reasonable by this point. secondly... what arguments saying that you're not scum?! you basically rolled over and died after making some weaksauce attempts at sticking up for yourself! and what arguments you did give just made things far, far worse! he was being reasonable - the person not being reasonable here is you, for not seeing that your arguments hold about as much water as a sieve.

THERE NEVER WAS A GAMBIT. I'm not sure where this emerged. I mentioned it, while saying I really wanted to try it. Then there was a discussion on its merits, which I will concede I was wrong in, and I said I wanted an excuse to try it, and I viewed scum as having an excuse to try it. Never in there did I say I was scum. I understand how it could have gotten mixed up, but I'd've thought someone would have gotten the meaning I gave it. :(
To lazy to pick apart the rest on the post, but there was a mention about how I ought to help scumhunt. Thing is, as has been mentioned earlier, this is my first game, so no clue what constitutes scummy, as opposed to normal or lurkey.

what do you mean, there wasn't a gambit? you voted for yourself. that, as you yourself proved with the link you provided, was a gambit. and of course you wouldn't say you were scum; that is totally a given, no matter how completely new you are to mafia. and it was so saturated with wine that, really, discerning any meaning from it - other than that you're a scumbag - is pretty undoable. and being 'too lazy' to scumhunt is... ugh, do i even have to go through this? can i move on please? thank you.

...actually, i will move on from this, because i feel that i have sufficient proved my point. webadict has even more to say on the matter; i've looked at it, and he makes a good point. the purpose of this post - to make explicit how humongously scummy breadbocks is; to show how he went past the point of no return a long, long time ago; to make sure that we don't just let him come back from the brink. i can only hope that i have done my job.

and, finally, vote eclipsetail, and if i have to go over the reasons why i'm voting this guy and not breadbocks again, then i will probably scream.

(addendum: ok, so it's inevitable that i will be asked, so, put concisely, here's why. yes, i have a mountain of dirt on breadbocks - but i have a very small molehill of pure shit on eclipsetail. and that, i think, is much, much more dangerous.)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 06, 2010, 09:09:08 pm »

Dude... can't read that.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of men; Slayer of /hench/ men
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 06, 2010, 10:12:21 pm »

It is late, and I would like to ask for an Extension: I will likely be out of the way for most of tomorrow up until about 9pm in the evening EST. I think I may need more time to consider everything, and allow people to talk back.

Like Akylon.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 07, 2010, 12:47:06 am »

I fully support the extension. We need more time to find scum.

Formated post later.

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Oh PLEASE be my prisoner!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 07, 2010, 04:36:01 am »

mostly because we need to get a reply out of aklyon, extend. though i would be happy to see zako lynched today, we need to be absolutely doubly sure, for obvious reasons.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 07, 2010, 02:44:03 pm »

Extension granted.

Day has been extended to Thursday, 7:30 PM EST.
To be partly feline,

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 07, 2010, 03:03:16 pm »

I'm glad you see Aklyon my way USEC, bread subbing out just speaks volumes of town getting fed up with playing, especially with the way he's been playing before hand. However, you forget that you could be scum and that I am telling the truth.

Dude, your defense was just saying that I shouldn't vote for you, because I'm scum and are telling the truth. Zako, if I continue to believe that Aklyon is town, I have to vote for you. Here the logic:

If you are telling the truth, me, Scatterbrain and Aklyon could be scum. However, since I know whether I am scum or town, I can eliminate from the list of possible scum (Since either way, I would view myself as if I was town) This leaves Aklyon and Scatterbrain as the scumteam (from my perspective) However, since Breadbock's actions convinces me that he, and therefore Aklyon, are town. But then I get into a paradox. If I believe you, Aklyon must be scum, but Breadbock's actions convinces me otherwise. There are two ways out of the paradox, either I completely misjudged Breadbock's actions, or you are lying, and therefore scum (Since only scum would claim to be the cop.) And right now, the doubt that you are lying outweights any doubts I have that I misjudged Breadbock's actions.

Do you understand me now?

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 07, 2010, 04:08:58 pm »

Aparently, due to lack of time, and lack of interest, Aklyon needs a replacement.
To be partly feline,

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XIV - Day 3 - Off with his head! REPLACEMENT NEEDED!
« Reply #344 on: September 07, 2010, 04:10:14 pm »

Wow. That sucks.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27