Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XIV - Game Over! Mafia win!  (Read 53184 times)

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XIV - Full!
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2010, 12:45:01 am »

Can I have spoilspec?

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XIV - Full!
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2010, 11:30:22 am »

Can I have spoilspec?

Yeah, sure.

Okay, PMs sent. Flavor finished. Chat set up. I think we are ready. If I've screwed up somewhere, let me know.

The town used to be a happy, peaceful place. That's the way it used to be. It all started to go to hell once the Mafia came. They tried to take over, and the town fought back. The conflict grew. Eventually it, combined with other disasters, lead to the destruction of both. Only nine people survived. But the conflict has yet to cease. It has been discovered that two of the survivors were in the Mafia, but who they are is still unknown.

Violent storms prevent any from escaping the ruined town, and the remaining townspeople desires for vengeance grows rapidly. Eventually a decision is made. Each day one will die. This will repeat until the remnants of the Mafia have been destroyed.

[/flavor]

Day 1 starts now, and ends Wednesday, 7 PM EST.

Votecount:
eclipsetail - {0}
Scatterbrain - {0}
USEC_OFFICER - {0}
shibdib - {0}
Zako - {0}
TheBroodyMoods - {0}
Spartan 117 - {0}
breadbocks - {0}
Zathras - {0}

Not voting
eclipsetail, Scatterbrain, USEC_OFFICER, shibdib, Zako, TheBroodyMoods, Spartan 117, breadbocks, Zathras

Place your votes in red, so I can find them easily. Requests to extend the day by 24 hours, shorten it by 24 hours, or just end the day all together in bold. A few rules. No quoting your role PM, and no editing your post after you've made it. Not even to correct some grammar or spelling mistake.

Okay, I think that's everything. Begin!
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XIV - Day 1- It begins
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2010, 11:38:21 am »

For all of the newbies and not-so-newbies, I present...

Seriously: read it and use it.  It is your friend.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2010, 11:42:54 am »

To start off the game and generate wtf?'s I contrarily vote breadbocks.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2010, 11:58:07 am »

To start off the game and generate wtf?'s I contrarily vote breadbocks.

... Don't do that, sweetheart.  If you're town, "generating WTF's" should be the last thing on your mind.

You aren't trying to get reactions out of yourself--you need to get them out of other people, and putting yourself in center stage is generally a bad idea.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of men; Slayer of /hench/ men
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2010, 12:00:02 pm »

I'd like to kick it off with Zako, having used Random.org.

Tell me about yourself Zako.

Also, breadbocks, in what way does voting for yourself seem like a good idea? You seem to be asking for a Lynch, as opposed to scum hunting. :/

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2010, 12:13:48 pm »

Also, breadbocks, in what way does voting for yourself seem like a good idea? You seem to be asking for a Lynch, as opposed to scum hunting. :/
It doesn't. First post, used to generate conversation. No point in making a truly random vote, and I'm interested on how people react to my arbitrary vote. With the mild understanding of thought process I have, I could in theory get a lead on scum. That could be my strategy, or I could be covering the possible scum position I may or may not have by voting for myself leading people to think I'm a Joker type position, or I could be a bored town role/townie. Take that as you will, I'm in this to win, be I a town-sider, a Scum-sider, or a third party.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2010, 12:27:59 pm »

There are no jokers in this game.  There are also no third parties in this game.

Just... FYI.

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Oh PLEASE be my prisoner!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2010, 12:32:13 pm »

alright, let's get this show on the road! :D

shibdib, what did you think of the last beginners mafia? did you learn anything from it?

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2010, 12:37:59 pm »

There are no jokers in this game.  There are also no third parties in this game.

Just... FYI.

Damn it. Really? I was looking forward to have an excuse to try the [ur=http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=BBB's_Gambitl]BBB gambit[/url]. Would be interesting to see the town deliberate whether s/he was who they said they were (Scum) and should be lynched, or if they were a Joker.

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2010, 12:41:35 pm »

yep; newbie setup has only four (five? can town get a roleblocker?) roles - cop, doc, mafia roleblocked, godfather. which of these roles are present and which are not is picked randomly - in the last BM, town didn't have any roles, whilst scum got godfather and roleblocker.

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2010, 12:42:13 pm »

fakeedit: mafia roleblocker*

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2010, 12:43:33 pm »

(five? can town get a roleblocker?)

Nope. But yeah, cop, doctor, mafia roleblocker, and godfather are the only power roles that can appear in this game.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2010, 12:47:09 pm »

Damn it. Really? I was looking forward to have an excuse to try the BBB gambit. Would be interesting to see the town deliberate whether s/he was who they said they were (Scum) and should be lynched, or if they were a Joker.

Quote from: MafiaWiki
Probably the stupidest of all gambits in the world, BBB's Gambit is the gambit that, when you claim scum and ask the Town to lynch you, they will assume you are Jester, and proceed to not lynch you.

Nice going, doodabuddy.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2010, 01:00:56 pm »

Perhaps you could look at the title of the thread. I'd try it, because I mean, well, take a look:
In recorded history, this has only been performed once, by buhbuhbam13. The most interesting part of this case is that upon performing the Gambit, BBB did not intend to win the game. He, however, did. Here is a small excerpt from that game:
No one would suspect it, and it worked, right?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27