Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Map Request: Tiny Island  (Read 3659 times)

Yuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Map Request: Tiny Island
« on: August 18, 2010, 07:58:26 am »

Ive been trying to generate a tiny island for a while now. It was possible in 40d but i havent seen one in these latest versions.
I dont mean the type you need most of the region square to embark on.
Something that would fit in a 5x5 or 6x6 would be great. The island itself is the only feature i need, anything else would just be a bonus.
If you have seen one or know how i can generate one id appreciate the info.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Map Request: Tiny Island
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 08:03:00 am »

So, you want a world, but regardless of it's size you want an island to embark on... or do you want the entire world to be a tiny island, about 6x6 in region tiles? The second I can make, not sure about the first.

Yuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 08:17:14 am »

Any world containing an island that can be embarked upon within a 6x6 embark size or smaller.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 08:27:02 am »

Do you also want sea within that embark of yours? And I'm assuming the entire island has to fit within the embark space.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Yuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 08:33:30 am »

Doesnt have to be sea. It could be in a lake. But yes id like all the edges of the embark to be water with the entire island contained in it. I know the island would have to be rediculously small but its been done before, just hoping it can still be done.

Kanddak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 10:41:57 am »

I've been looking for a site like this too. Haven't gotten it yet.
When I find one I plan to sink the entire island and see whether it can be reclaimed.
Hydrodynamics Education - read this before being confused about fluid behaviors

The wiki is notoriously inaccurate on subjects at the cutting edge, frequently reflecting passing memes, folklore, or the word on the street instead of true dwarven science.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 11:04:13 am »

you can make them now though, with an adventurer, an underwater spire, and the bondfire mod, you can just evaporate the ocean untill there is enough land exposed to contain an entire 1 embark square. it takes a while, but it works.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 12:37:12 pm »

HOW DOSE THAT WORK!?

The Yellow Peril

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 01:59:55 pm »

I've been looking for a site like this too. Haven't gotten it yet.
When I find one I plan to sink the entire island and see whether it can be reclaimed.

I've been trying to do this too. It seems that for whatever reason, during worldgen it's impossible to get islands much smaller than one full embark screen. I really really really want to channel away an island until it is totally reclaimed by the sea. Also, having sea on all 4 sides of the map means a certain way of preventing any migration, which is actually why I think this type of map isn't allowed anymore. The lengths toady had gone to to ensure that things can enter the map from the sides - you can't contruct walls on the edges, you can't build constructions on the top z-level, you can't dig away/cavein the sides, etc. is probably why you can't get an island this small. Let me know if you find one.

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2010, 03:17:19 pm »

-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 04:20:52 pm by Bronimin »

Tuxman

• Bay Watcher
  • Forever GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2010, 04:20:02 pm »

I tried to find one of these and failed. generated like 5 worlds....

I think it may be a matter of luck, but if you wanted you could get an island partially connected and channel it into an island...  yeah, I know that probably wouldn't work for you...

I think it may be a setting that you can't get an island that is completely surrounded by water on a 5x5 embark square....

Hmm.... maybe its just luck. I'd try if I had DF where i'm posting from...

Sorry, I guess I wasn't really helpful. Maybe check the modding area.
Meowth! That's right!

Yuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2010, 09:45:20 pm »

I have tried to do it with perfectworld. If it can be done, I didnt figure out how. I think the smallest i got one down to was around 8x9 or so. Including one tile of water all around.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2010, 12:41:45 am »

I'd also like to see one of these, except close enough to the mainland that I can bridge them.
くコ:彡

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2010, 01:14:01 am »

Would a brige give you access to non-Dwarven civs? on a subsequent embark if not the one that built the bridge? (if so, it would make island embarks much more attractive to me).

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2010, 01:46:56 am »

I don't know. That's the point.
くコ:彡
Pages: [1] 2 3