Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Anal Rituals  (Read 20347 times)

INSANEcyborg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anal Rituals
« Reply #90 on: September 01, 2010, 08:43:27 pm »

I always make my beds out of tower cap.  Logs are cheap enough, I usually bring enough with me on embark to last until I can get more.  Started in 40d when tower cap was the only underground wood, and just kinda kept with it.   Also, if nether-cap is available, that's the only thing I make barrels out of.

Anything that doesn't use materials on a 1 to 1 ratio uses (x/4)+1 rounded down, and I always try to maximize that.  It works out as the first one being able to do up to 3, and each one after that can do up to 4, so I try to make it so the total is 4x-1.  Roads tend to be 3*9, farms are usually 3*5 or 7*5 (for fertilizer), and I even make long axles in 7 tile segments (3.5 tiles per log vs 3.33 for 10 length segments) 

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 01, 2010, 08:53:07 pm »

Whenever a dorf dies, on his/her coffin, I place a note that says, in this order:
Name, RIP
Name, occupation, date of birth(if I know it), date of death, Cause of death.
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.

Psychobones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 01, 2010, 10:31:49 pm »

I ALWAYS make at least two 5x5 archer towers and then never use them. I also group my workshops by their industry. So a few craftdwarfs, masons, and mechanics go in the same room and share a stockpile, then a butcher, craftdwarfs, and tanner share another. etc.
Oh and:
Heh.  At least you acknowledged that I could be a lady and not just a man, since we all know there are no women on the internet. ;)  :-*

There are too women on the internet! Just only in .JPG format...

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 02, 2010, 05:55:25 am »

There are too women on the internet! Just only in .JPG format...
Not only JPG (sometimes a little rough on the blocks), but GIF (if you like poster[ised] girls).  You can even find them in the .raw but then I hope you like them BIIIIG!

:)

Actually, I remember viewing .TGAs[1] via Compushow in DOS, in a pre-web era.  And dithering was king on most machines, regardless of the original image's depth, given the state of available graphics hardware and monitors... VGA, or XGA if lucky...  Hang on, is it right to go on about this in this thread?  About anality.  Hmm, yes.  Probably on multiple levels, actually.

[1] Not all of girls[2], honest...  I may have been only-just post-adolescent, but there WERE other things to look at.  Although admittedly fractint could handle my craving for fractals without hefty downloads.

[2] Nor, before you make any assumptions: boys, furries, automata, and anything else I might have intentionally forgotten.  Or, indeed, combinations thereof.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]