Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Anal Rituals  (Read 20345 times)

Abaddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Anal Rituals
« on: August 18, 2010, 03:26:01 am »

Does anyone else have any rituals they must do whenever they play?

I must have every wall/floor smoothed and the same colour, I ever go as far as digging out any rock that isn't the same colour and replacing it with walls and building then deconstructing floors so the tile underneath becomes the correct colour, I'd say I spend 70% of my playing time doing this.

shadowform

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anal Rituals
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 03:30:48 am »

When I first saw this thread, I went like this: ???

But yes...  any structures built must be of uniformly colored material, and ideally, so is any furniture in those structures.
Q: What do you get when you take 100 clear glass windows, 1000 silver bars, 6700 gold bars, and 18,000 marble blocks?

A: A very large wall.

"Alright, here's Helltooth... Harborfence... Urist, come get GenericBlade... and you. Welcome to the Danger Room. First timers get good ol' Ballswallowed. Have fun and try not to take off your own toe."

Abaddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 03:31:56 am »

When I first saw this thread, I went like this: ???

But yes...  any structures built must be of uniformly colored material, and ideally, so is any furniture in those structures.

The title was designed to catch your attention.   ;D

leftycook

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 03:41:37 am »

build a small shrine to raccoons with food and glass to stop them walking through all my weapon traps :<

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 03:46:22 am »

I try to make my workshops out of as many different colors as possible, to the point where I will almost cause everything to die of thirst just to make my stills look different from the fisheries.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 03:49:18 am »

Do adventure mode analities count?
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Abaddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 03:54:48 am »

I try to make my workshops out of as many different colors as possible, to the point where I will almost cause everything to die of thirst just to make my stills look different from the fisheries.

>:(

Do adventure mode analities count?

Sure

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 03:57:16 am »

Well, every time I start a new adventurer, I designate a mead hall "home". I then steal barrels and place them in my "home". I then bring "home" all the heads I take and shove them in the barrels, in alphabetical order based on species. (It's easy to tell Elves from Humans from Dwarves from Goblins by their names alone, so it's a lot less difficult than it sounds.)
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Minstrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 04:13:44 am »

Every fortress I build starts out as the same cross-based layout and grows into something else from there.

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2010, 04:54:17 am »

I always build my food stock piles south of my farms, with a dining hall inbetween. The dwarves fill the stockpile from the north, so it's a few less steps from field to storage, and storage to table. Probably a trivial optimization, but I've just got to do it.

LizardKing

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXP:0]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2010, 04:57:03 am »

Name the most badass dwarf after myself and give him rooms worthy of a king & a tomb of the same calibre, then train him in the art of war, and give him all my best equipment.

Abaddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2010, 05:11:08 am »

I always build my food stock piles south of my farms, with a dining hall inbetween. The dwarves fill the stockpile from the north, so it's a few less steps from field to storage, and storage to table. Probably a trivial optimization, but I've just got to do it.

I always build my farm under my food storage/brewer/kitchen for the same reason... even though after the first 2-3 years I give up on farming for a few years because I have too much food and I never build a dining hall..

Mynoris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2010, 05:25:16 am »

I have to give every dwarf a new name that has to do with their profession (or the profession I want them to have).  Sometimes this makes me really stretch my vocabulary. ;)  My husband thinks I'm crazy to do it that way, but there is a method to the madness.

Also, I restart the game whenever a child dies.  Might be why I never get very far... o_O

I'm sure there's other things, but I can't remember them right now; it's 3:24 am for me. ;)

Oooo, I just thought of another one.  I only chop down a tree if there's another tree touching it.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 05:47:31 am by Mynoris »
I have weird, teleporting dwarven doppelgangers!

ProZocK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2010, 05:53:12 am »

I have to give every dwarf a new name that has to do with their profession (or the profession I want them to have).  Sometimes this makes me really stretch my vocabulary. ;)  My husband thinks I'm crazy to do it that way, but there is a method to the madness.

Also, I restart the game whenever a child dies.  Might be why I never get very far... o_O

I'm sure there's other things, but I can't remember them right now; it's 3:24 am for me. ;)

Oooo, I just thought of another one.  I only chop down a tree if there's another tree touching it.

Lady, you are messed up.
Why didn't I meet you before you got married?

I jest, I jest!
I always imagine dwarves to train as if fighting pretend monsters. "It's a carp, use your sword!" "Shwish! Shwoosh! It's dead!" "Oh no, it's a giant cave spider! Noo, it's got me! Kill it with your axe!" "Swoosh, I cut off its head!"
UNDEAD ELEPHANTS.HERDS OF THEM.EVEN IN DEATH I STILL GRAZE.

Mynoris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2010, 06:04:07 am »

Lady, you are messed up.
Why didn't I meet you before you got married?

I jest, I jest!

Heh.  At least you acknowledged that I could be a lady and not just a man, since we all know there are no women on the internet. ;)  :-*
I have weird, teleporting dwarven doppelgangers!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7