Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Transmute stone into... another kind of stone  (Read 1119 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Transmute stone into... another kind of stone
« on: August 17, 2010, 08:38:50 pm »

Hello i would like to know if its possible to have a custom reaction to turn any kind of stone into obsidian? its for a mega project and well i have WAY to much stone

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:TRANSMUTEOBSI]
[NAME:Transmute Stone into Obsidian]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:OBSIDIAN]
[SKILL:SMELT]

The problem here is.... they keep transmuting OBSI into... OBSI.....
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
Re: Transmute stone into... another kind of stone
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 10:04:51 pm »

Maybe see what kind of stone you have alot of and change none into that kind?

They might take none as obsidian and so...
Obsidian -> Obsidian.

oolon1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 10:44:33 pm »

Try this:

[REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:NONE:NONE][WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY]

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 12:16:14 am »

Or, try forbidding obsidian.
[DF 0.31.13]  ۝ War of the Ring Mod ۝  [WotR 0.13.3]

War of the Ring is back baby!
A mod based on Lord of the Rings, by JRR Tolkien.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 12:18:24 am »

I would guess that since it calls for any stone, and there is a freshly transmuted piece of obsidian right at their feet, they use that.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 03:56:53 am »

I thought about worthless stone only too. That might work.

Otherwise make a placeholder reaction with obsidian which dwarves don't have, so it WILL work.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 11:09:32 am »

Alternatively, create a special REACTION_CLASS for all non-obsidian stones, similar to what's done for gypsum and flux.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Zeidrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 01:48:09 pm »

There's only three ways to identify a reagent as far as I know, either with no subtype, by a single subtype, or with a one of the modifier tokens.

1: No subtype and nothing else means you will always get obsidian unless you specially forbid it, and all new obsidian that gets made, which is cumbersome.
2: Single subtype means making reactions for every type of stone you're going to transmute, that's pretty annoying too.

3: So you're looking at a modifier token to choose your stone at the end of your reagent.
3a: [WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY] will only pick materials that are defined as not-economic from your stocks page.  This is a pretty simple way to do it and means just turning obsidian into an economic stone for the period that you're transmuting, and then back when you want to build with it.
3b: [REACTION_CLASS:TRANSMUTESTONE] will only pick materials that have been defined as [REACTION_CLASS:TRANSMUTESTONE].  This means you'll have to go through all of your stone definitions except for obsidian and add this line in there.

I don't know of any other tokens that would help in this situation.  I think using reaction_class would be the most comprehensive way to do it.  I'd fiddle with a new world first to make sure things work properly before trying to meddle with your existing one.

There's a crematorium mod that uses reaction classes in this way, if you found that, you could get some idea of how he uses them.  Also things like gypsum and flux are handled in this way through the base game.

Haha, I didn't see Quietust's message before I posted this, so to try and be helpful instead of redundant I'll just say this:

[REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:TRANSMUTESTONE] as reagent

put [REACTION_CLASS:TRANSMUTESTONE] into every entry in inorganic_stone_layer except for [INORGANIC:OBSIDIAN] and any entry in inorganic_stone_mineral that you want to be transmutable. (like cobaltite or alunite for instance)

dree12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 01:50:21 pm »

[NAME:Transmute Stone into Obsidian (part 1)]
[REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE_RAW]
[REACTION:TRANSMUTEOBSI2]
[NAME:Transmute Stone into Obsidian (part 2)]
[REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC_MAT:ADAMANTINE_RAW]
Do one first, then do the next.

EDIT: Sorry, use WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY for the first one. I forgot to put that in there.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 01:53:18 pm by dree12 »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2010, 03:25:05 pm »

What. What's the reason to do it in 2 steps then? You could just use WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY and make obsidian right away.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2010, 03:26:05 pm »

Why not make the reaction consume multiple stones at once?
[DF 0.31.13]  ۝ War of the Ring Mod ۝  [WotR 0.13.3]

War of the Ring is back baby!
A mod based on Lord of the Rings, by JRR Tolkien.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2010, 04:16:52 pm »

Well funny thing is i tought about the flag like the flux i TOUGHT i added it to the layer, then found out i didnt save before closin the file and yeah ill add the [REACTION_CLASS:TRANSMUTE] To the stones in the layer raw file.

Thanks for everything guys...

Thats what happen with me, isearch i search i try to find a way i dont find any, then AFTER i post the help request i get an enlightment ( whatever the word should be )

Cheers!
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2010, 04:44:20 pm »

Hmmm everything seem to work but the problem is that i cannot use obsidian for anything?! i dont even see it in the stone list (Z-Stone )....

obsidian Entry in the inorganic_stone_layer.txt
[INORGANIC:OBSIDIAN]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_TEMPLATE]
[MELTING_POINT:13600]
[BOILING_POINT:16000]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:obsidian][DISPLAY_COLOR:0:7:1][TILE:154][LAVA]
[MAX_EDGE:20000]
[IGNEOUS_EXTRUSIVE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:3]
[IS_STONE]
MELTING_POINT:11818 <-- I think this is from the data collected by the contributors above and is more accurate than the numbers we're using, but we're using a high melting point until environmental lava effects are further along.

And the reaction
[NAME:Transmute Stone into Obsidian]
[REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:TRANS]

On the information page on the obsidian made from the workshop i see the sharp blde so it should be useable? but i dont have it at all in the stone list in the Z menu....

Edit: i made a stockpile for stone and the obsidian isnt listed anywhere..

Edit: Bah i just saw the wiki entry for obsidian and the bug relate to it.... sadly i do not have obsidian layer....
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 05:04:13 pm by jocan2003 »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2010, 05:07:03 pm »

make sure its not forbidden or set to economic stone.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2010, 07:01:27 pm »

Well folowing the bug workaround in the wiki wich is to remove the maxedge tag fire the game now you will have obsidian in the stone list, then i save and replaced the tag and now everything is working fine :D
Pages: [1] 2