Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Neonivek's Mutant Cooking!  (Read 12322 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Neonivek's Mutant Cooking!
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2010, 11:39:31 pm »

My brother yells at me  :P

I really hate it, yes that sounds childish, and everyone else just looks at me oddly...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2010, 11:42:35 pm »

Oh well, that makes sense I guess. Nothing shittier than putting a lot of effort into cooking and having someone else pooh pooh it. We always try to be supportive of my brother when he cooks, because he often plans a 5 or 6 course meal and takes it so seriously he can have melt downs when it doesn't work right. So I always second for him in the kitchen.

Anyways, tell your brother to shut up and eat it. Or make him a "special plate." And by special, I mean Tabasco Sauce.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2010, 11:44:33 pm »

Honestly, I'd make this... but everytime I make something simple like this and am happy that I did so, people seem to think ill of me. I can't... Not be happy with what I do if people like it, but I don't want to have to deal with that again.

Hey, don't worry, man.  I'm 20 and I can barely do anything beyond French toast.  You'll get there =)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2010, 12:00:43 am »

Honestly, I'd make this... but everytime I make something simple like this and am happy that I did so, people seem to think ill of me. I can't... Not be happy with what I do if people like it, but I don't want to have to deal with that again.

Hey, don't worry, man.  I'm 20 and I can barely do anything beyond French toast.  You'll get there =)

French Toast is my favorite!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2010, 12:13:48 am »

French toast is great, but that doesn't make me any less of a lethal chef >_>
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2010, 12:37:17 am »

Learn to make proper crepes. They're easy, tasty and very versatile, and best of all, everyone seems to think they require more effort than they actually do (perfect for wowing friends and family).
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2010, 12:39:09 am »

Learn to make proper crepes. They're easy, tasty and very versatile, and best of all, everyone seems to think they require more effort than they actually do (perfect for wowing friends and family).

"Proper crepes?"  Is there some sort of improper crepe I don't know about?

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2010, 12:49:46 am »

Some people put baking soda in theirs :/
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2010, 12:50:27 am »

"Proper crepes?"  Is there some sort of improper crepe I don't know about?

Proper crepes are very thin. People often confuse crepes for pancakes or flapjacks which are the Crepe's obese cousin.

Generally speaking you either stack Crepes or fold them. (Stacked Crepes with creame and fruit between each layer is a lot like a cake)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 12:52:01 am by Neonivek »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2010, 12:55:26 am »

Ohhh, okay.  I just make mine with a little milk, flour, and eggs--nothing fancy.  They are thin, though, and really fast.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2010, 01:31:57 am »

Ohhh, okay.  I just make mine with a little milk, flour, and eggs--nothing fancy.  They are thin, though, and really fast.

I am going to try to make mine with some Milk Chocolate Mouse (or white chocolate whipped cream) and sliced strawberries.

I am assuming to do that you have to melt white chocolate and then add it to creame then whip it.

If I wanted to make it into icing I add Egg white to it I think... uhh hmm

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2010, 01:43:47 am »

This is why a foundational cook book is essential.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2010, 02:04:04 am »

This is why a foundational cook book is essential.

I had a cookbook once. It was abysmal and honestly it HAD to be a comedy book. Their recipes often included completed products that you add to. (If a recipe was a Chocolate cake for example... They would require a Cake and Chocolate Icing without telling you how to make either)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2010, 02:11:41 am »

Might've been a more advanced thing... there's all kinds of techniques to icing a cake, you know.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2010, 02:24:22 am »

Queary: I've been thinking about creating a Recipe-Sharing and creation thread. I've got at least 2 baked goods recipes, and some meals I'd like to test and share, and I also want to learn how to cook with a bit more variety.

Think there's enough interest to warrant it?

EDIT: If you want a tasty breakfast that's easy to make, you should totally try Pannukaku. It's a Scandinavian Custard-Pancake that you bake in the oven, and serve with jelly or fruit preserves. So ridiculously tasty, you have no idea.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 02:26:25 am by Solifuge »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11