Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 61

Author Topic: RTD: Project Twilight [Round 54: Fancy Meeting You Here.]  (Read 66731 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Project Twilight [Round 41: Inky Beasts and Ill Girls]
« Reply #765 on: September 09, 2010, 01:44:07 pm »

Stop attempts to disrupt the Cecilia-beast bonding and go back to the JUNK-pile. Begin assembling the parts into.. beforementioned construction.
Love, scriver~

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: September 09, 2010, 04:14:47 pm »

Continue to comfort it. If it doesn't want me to move, I won't move.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: September 09, 2010, 06:14:44 pm »

Put down my sword, and don't do anything threatening.

"If we wanted to hurt you, why didn't we do so awhile ago?!"
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: September 09, 2010, 07:49:24 pm »

Running turn shortly.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: September 09, 2010, 11:09:42 pm »

Actions!

-Don't grumble, Igor. By the way, since when you can grumble? Anyway, time to get you some food.

Elizabeth opens the box of screws and puts it close to Igor.

-Eat them wrong way and you're done for.

Result: Natural 1

Elizabeth opens her box of screws and attempts to feed them to Igor, but he recoils violently!

Roll to Dodge!: 4

Flailing wildly, the tentacled black suit knocks the box into the air, sending screws in every direction! Elizabeth narrowly avoids getting her eyes poked out.

There are some screws left in the box.

Well this black stuff is clearly what is cauusing the problem...I shall try to investigate the substance further.

Result: 5

Jane bends over and investigates the black blood.

It looks identical to the blood of the Claw Beasts and the Twisted Men. Uh oh.

Now that i've got more protein, best use them. I'll stand guard at the outside door.

No roll necessary

Pierre takes his sack of uncooked peanuts and heads outside.

The sun is close to gone.

Continue to comfort it. If it doesn't want me to move, I won't move.

Social Roll: 4 + 1 (moonchild)

Cecilia approaches the inky beast. It looks at her curiously, then nuzzles her. It peels its lips back from its teeth and makes a horrifying grin.

It appears to accept her presence now.

Stop attempts to disrupt the Cecilia-beast bonding and go back to the JUNK-pile. Begin assembling the parts into.. beforementioned construction.

Stealth Roll: 2
Movement Roll: 4 - 1 (lame) = 3

Jaume attempts to retreat from the bathroom quietly. He knocks over some cans. The beast looks up and begins growling at him. He backs away slowly and makes his way to his pile of Junk.

Result: Natural 6

In a frenzy, Jaume attaches the car battery to the baton by means of bare copper wire, alligator clips, and rubber grip tape. He also jury-rigs a trigger assembly from some plumbing and he straps this to his back. He now has a short-range taser-baton monstrosity. It's no death ray, but it's close.

Put down my sword, and don't do anything threatening.

"If we wanted to hurt you, why didn't we do so awhile ago?!"

No roll necessary

Cassandra lowers her sword, ignoring the ominous smoky trail it leaves behind in the dim lighting.

"If we wanted to hurt you, we would've done so a while ago," she says.

One of the men looks her over, then goes back to his cards, averting his eyes. The women do not look at her directly.

Current Situation

Jane

"What happened to her?" asks Jane.

The woman glances at her daughter. "They broke in and killed my husband, those horrible creatures. The ones that look like men?"

"I know about them," says Jane.

"One of them grabbed ahold of my Susie. I panicked. I blew its brains out with my husband's shotgun." the woman covers her mouth as she tears up. "The parts of my kitchen that got splattered... they started to change. I'm scared. I'm scared my daughter might start changing."

Jane crouches in her powered armor and pokes at the black substance. "It seems benign."

She recalls that it took a lot more of the black blood to cause a change in Elizabeth and Cassandra's outfits.

"I think she'll be fine," Jane says reassuringly. She means to say more, but there is an explosion outside!

Cassandra

Cassandra moves towards the gathered people, but a massive explosion somewhere outside rocks her off her feet!

Cecilia

An explosion shakes the ground! The inky beast begins to howl! A shadow blocks out the dim light from outside for a split second. The inky beast cowers in fear.

She hears the voice of the man in her head. "The Father of Beasts is here."

Um. Uh oh.

Elizabeth

Igor recoils in terror as the explosion knocks Elizabeth off her feet. Something has just passed by outside.

Jaume

Jaume flourishes his new weapon, but staggers backwards as an explosion shakes the General Store!

Pierre

Standing watch outside, Pierre begins to munch on his uncooked peanuts.

He hears a roar. He looks up to see a massive black shape streaking across the sky, wings outstretched. It hurls a fireball at a house near the General Store, shattering it utterly and sending explosive shockwaves coursing through the air! The general store's windows crack.

A helicopter follows closely behind, firing its vulcan cannon, peppering the huge creature's back with bullets that could rip a car in half.

The creature spins in midair and grabs the chopper, breaking its blades. It kicks off the crippled aircraft, sending it spiraling to its doom somewhere to the north.

The black shape spirals up into the sky and plunges into a cloud.

Pierre wipes his face. He was sprayed by the creature's black blood. Thankfully, he and his friends are immune, but he doubts the same holds true for normal humans.

This certainly explains all the twisted men.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 12:16:59 am by Josephus »
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Project Twilight [Round 42: Father of Beasts]
« Reply #770 on: September 10, 2010, 03:00:29 am »

Get out there ask what happened and then head for the helicopter crash site.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: September 10, 2010, 03:14:19 am »

Cassandra sighs, and goes to follow Jane.

"You people are hopeless."
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: September 10, 2010, 04:39:35 am »

Head outside.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: September 10, 2010, 04:44:43 am »

Remember to check your inventories. I may have forgotten something or left something out.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: September 10, 2010, 05:30:07 am »

Elizabeth tosses the box away and lays down there for a moment, regaining strength, and checking if Igor is OK.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: September 10, 2010, 11:39:02 am »

- Well, I sure wouldn't want to miss anything exciting happening...
Jaume mutters, adjusts the rigging on his back so it sits right, and limps outside, trying to keep up with the others making their way to the crash site.
Love, scriver~

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: September 10, 2010, 12:06:38 pm »

Try to be stealthy, ftry to pin point that ting trajectory

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: September 10, 2010, 07:20:05 pm »

That's everyone.

Running turn shortly.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: September 10, 2010, 07:30:21 pm »

:P

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: September 10, 2010, 08:50:05 pm »

Actions!

Get out there ask what happened and then head for the helicopter crash site.

No Roll Necessary

Jane looks up from the sleeping child, apologizes softly, and runs for the door of the General Store, brushing past Robson, who is also on his way out to investigate. As she reaches the door, she comes upon Pierre, who is wiping muck from his face.

"What happened?" Jane asks.

"Big monster," he says. "Took down a helicopter. That way."

Jane nods and begins to head north.

Cassandra sighs, and goes to follow Jane.

"You people are hopeless."

No roll necessary

Biting her lip, Cassandra turns away from the huddled survivors and walks up the stairs, following Jane out. The sense of wrongness subsides.

It seems to have been caused by something in the basement this time, not by the black sword.

Head outside.

No Roll Necessary

Cecilia looks up and darts outside. The inky beast looks at her quizzically, then pads out after her.

Elizabeth tosses the box away and lays down there for a moment, regaining strength, and checking if Igor is OK.

No roll necessary

Elizabeth throws the box away, the screws spilling out with a distant tinkle. She checks on Igor, her suit. The suit seems otherwise fine, but agitated.

- Well, I sure wouldn't want to miss anything exciting happening...
Jaume mutters, adjusts the rigging on his back so it sits right, and limps outside, trying to keep up with the others making their way to the crash site.

No roll necessary

Crunching through the glass without any problems thanks to his ACTION! brand sandals, he follows Jane, Cassandra, and Cecilia out. The inky beast gives him a sidelong glance and growls.

Try to be stealthy, ftry to pin point that ting trajectory

No roll necessary

Pierre makes an attempt at creeping, but notices that there is no need. He walks along after Jane, Cassandra, Cecilia, and Jaume, noting the clear smoke trail the helicopter left behind.

Current Situation

Pierre, Jane, Cecilia, Jaume, Cassandra

As they step out of the door to the general store, they noticed that the sun is almost completely down. The trail of smoke is still visible however.

The twisted men have begun heading north as well, groaning and moaning. A couple of claw beasts are busy tearing one of the Twisted Men apart.

Cecilia's inky beast whines.

Elizabeth

As Elizabeth sits there with her back propped against a bag of dog food, the man Robson comes over to her. He is bearing a shotgun and a box of shells.

"Yer friends ran out before ah could give 'em this baby." He drops the shotgun and shells at her feet. "Before you go, could yuh do me a favor, miss?"

Elizabeth giggles. "Why, of course!"

"Any survivors you see, send 'em back here, okay?" says the man. "I'll keep 'em safe."

He heads back to his storage room.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 61