Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 61

Author Topic: RTD: Project Twilight [Round 54: Fancy Meeting You Here.]  (Read 66800 times)

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Project Twilight [Round 35: SEE PREVIOUS ROUND FOR INSTRUCTIONS]
« Reply #690 on: September 05, 2010, 07:18:49 am »

Can't wait!
 8)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Project Twilight [Round 35: SEE PREVIOUS ROUND FOR INSTRUCTIONS]
« Reply #691 on: September 05, 2010, 07:49:13 am »

Ok, here I go:

Drop Auger, grab fire sword.

Switch armors with Taka.

Go back to the hallway and go through the door we didn't go through. The one on the right(?)
edited actions:

Find something to eat.

If no one takes it, I'll also take the auger.

Look for something to further enhance my spear.

Look for a smg or pistol to use at range.  (preferably pistol if i can duel wield with a spear?)

Look for a newer shinier set of armor.

1. Elizabeth tries to fix Cassandra's chest with FAK (Max. 2 uses).

2. Elizabeth fixes Jane's leg with FAK.

3. Elizabeth acquires new FAK from the base.

4. If there are any spare insulated boots in the base, Elizabeth makes ALCHEMIZE them with black blood, and gives them to Jane.

5. Elizabeth then ALCHEMIZE Heavy Baton with black blood (hey, it's just rubber baton, no? Low-tech :P), and then, Black Baton with Glass Shards. If there are no Glass Shards, then meet with one of Mr.Cylinders and make some.

6. ???

7. Profit! (I fucking can't believe I just wrote that.)
If healed, Cass tries to find another FAK,

Cass will also try to replace her current suit of armor with one from the mooks if she can,

She searches for stuff that she can use (bladed weapons, etc)

And grind my vison of blindness, attempting to expand my range of vision to pinpoint exact locations of other people.

Excellent then, Attempt to heal Cassandra with the medpack we got, once done go get lighning guy armor, Look around the place weapon/armor/somethnig to eat/a car. Also, read how all my stuff works. better be informed about those things !
>ENTER

Cecilia

Result: 3
Cecilia sets to work cheerfully, detaching the Auger of Twilight from her back clamp and taking the dead woman's sword. After some difficulty, she realizes that the flames are not, in fact, normal ones. They do not burn the holder, allowing it to be attached to her side clamp with minimal difficulty.

Result: 2 + 1 (previous experience)
She steps out of her armor and easily appropriates the dead woman's armor. She steps into it. It may take some time getting used to the negative-feedback assisted armor system, but it seems to be worth it, as Cecilia can already feel much more agile than normal.

No Roll Necessary
She heads out the door and enters the doorway the five of them did not previously enter. It is another lab. This one is filled with now-empty cylinders, and one has been shattered.

No roll necessary
Cecilia then searches for some food, looking for a cafeteria, but suddenly realizes something strange: she is not hungry. And she has not been hungry since she woke up. Hmm...

She heads outside.

Pierre

No roll necessary
Pierre pats Elizabeth on the shoulder, giving her a confidence boost to her attempts to fix Cassandra's chest wound.

Result: 5 + 1 (previous experience)
He returns to the 'HANGAR BAY', strips the dead man of his armor, and switches all of his gear and weapons to the other set. The armor hums and crackles with electricity. What sort of power source does this run on?

No roll necessary
Pierre briefly considers finding something to eat, but realizes that he is not hungry. Searching around, he only finds the armor and weaponry that they have already seen. However, he finds a jeep parked behind the 'HANGAR BAY'. Its gas meter reads close to E.

No roll necessary
While waiting for the others, he reads through his Shock Prod instructional manual and his Powered Armor instructional manual. It appears the Shock Prod can be recharged almost anywhere there is an outlet, as there is an adaptor in the bottom that allows it to be plugged in while in Baton mode.

The Powered Armor suits both use strongly magnetic technology and will destroy any computer devices if they get too close. In addition the Tesla custom armor takes advantage of this magnetic technology to generate electrical charges; however as a result it is very vulnerable to counter electrical attacks. Both types of armor (AIAS and TEUCER) are powered by a small lead-shielded nuclear battery and as such will probably never run out of charge in a user's (potentially short) lifetime. It would be a very bad thing if the suit were to be damaged. However, any enemies wearing the suit could could be easily taken out from a distance if you were to deal sufficient damage to the chest plate, which is where the battery is located.

Elizabeth

Result: 2 - 1 (Carapace Armor), 4 - 1 (carapace armor)
Elizabeth attempts to stanch Cassandra's wound, but the first time she is interfered with by Cassandra's living Carapace Armor. Frustrated, she works a hole in it with her hands, and her Black Suit gladly holds the hole open (it appears to be hungry, even if you are not). She manages to suture the wound despite having no prior surgical experience, but it looks like there is nothing that can be done further... unless someone manages to do what Jane did previously.

Result: 4
Elizabeth then turns to Jane's leg. She strips off the cast and works on dressing the break, but it looks like her leg has already mostly realigned itself. She remembers earlier that Jane could barely walk straight, but now her leg looks as though it hadn't been broken at all. The only evidence of a wound is a faint bruising and a long, light scar that marks where the bone previously tore the skin.

No roll necessary
Elizabeth scampers off and quickly acquires the last First Aid Kit from the lab with the big dead man. She daubs it with the Claw Beast's blood and watches it come to life, grasping at her hands greedily. She does the same with her baton and a few smaller shards from the cylinder room Cecilia just examined, watching it turn into a toothy mess. She gloms the baton to her black suit, heads back to Jane, and a little tired, flings the boots at Jane's feet. They attach themselves hungrily.

Result: 5
Elizabeth feels as though she has profited, although she does not know what that means. She heads outside, to where Pierre is waiting in the Jeep.

Jane

No Roll Necessary
After Elizabeth has discarded the restrictive cast, Jane takes one of the goons' combat knives and jams it onto the end of her Twisted Spear. The living spear grabs the knife and attaches it to the bottom, creating what looks like a crude double-ended spear like weapon. It's still cumbersome, but wielded in both hands it could be quite deadly.

No Roll Necessary
Jane then takes Cecilia's spare handgun and ammo. She won't be needing it anytime soon anyway.

It looks like the Powered Armor Cecilia was using is hers now. She manages to get it on with some difficulty, dumping her lab coat on the ground. It looks like the black boots Elizabeth gave her won't function inside the armor. She heads outside to meet Pierre.

Cassandra

No Roll Necessary
Cassandra is surprised to find herself alive. She gets up and makes her way around carefully. Her powers tell her that there are no more First Aid Kits to be found. Damn it.

Result: Natural 1
Cassandra tries to remove the Carapace Armor, but fails entirely. It makes an annoyed sound and gloms even tighter. Guh. It's gonna be hard to breathe at this rate. You know, besides the whole "punctured lung" thing.

Cassandra's blindvision has again improved. She can nearly pinpoint someone's location with hearing, and can shoot more accurately now. IF she had a gun. Which she doesn't. She joins Pierre outside in the Jeep.

The Jeep idles as Pierre absentmindedly feathers the gas. The others pile in despite their bulky armor and weaponry.

It's a big jeep.

"Where to, ladies?" he asks with a grin.

Cecilia roots around in the rear compartment for a map of the area, but doesn't find one. "This jeep has nothing useful in it at all," she says irritably. Her flaming sword, clipped to a side holster, gets dangerously close to Jane's face.

"Before we go anywhere, we've got another passenger..." says Cassandra. She points to the gate of the base.

Elizabeth giggles. "She is so strange. She can see without eyes. Look, there is a man there!"

The others look to where Cassandra is pointing. A skinny man in makeshift armor and blue jeans that look like they were stolen from someone recently stands there, approaching tentatively. He looks at Pierre from the driver's side window.

"You're not with them, are you?" he asks. He is holding a bloody ballpeen hammer. It would probably be best not to startle him.

Cecilia snickers. "I think we just killed all of them. Boom, boom, boom." She mimicks blowing out a smoking gun with her hand.

"Good", says the man. "I woke up in a tube and couldn't remember a thing. So I did what I do best. I improvised."

He grins, wiping his hammer on his pants. "I'm Jaume," he says, as he slips the hammer into a belt loop.

"Pierre." He grips the steering wheel and waves.

"Cecilia," says Cecilia with a grin.

"I'm Elizabeth!"

"Jane."

"Cassandra."

"Good to meet you all," says Jaume. "Any space in the back?"

The jeep rumbles along down the mountain trail. Going up would have been pointless. Map aside, Cassandra has said that she knows there is a town at the base of the mountain, and they are headed there now.

It is almost nightfall as they crest the ridge and enter town.

There are corpses everywhere.

Uh oh.

All Except Cassandra

In the jeep, which has run out of gasoline. There are several civilian corpses on the road. There are also the corpses of Twisted Men and one Claw Beast. The sun is setting. To your east is a general store, and to the west an array of houses. Northwards there appear to be more Twisted Men and corpses, but they are too far away to notice you or to kill.

Cassandra

There is someone alive in the General Store. He is terrified.

Cecilia

You feel the voice of the man in your head beginning to stir again.

Inventories and Partylist has been updated.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Project Twilight [Round 36: Chapter Two - The Town]
« Reply #692 on: September 05, 2010, 07:54:33 am »

-Here, Dahling! A gift from aunt Elizabeth~!

Elizabeth gives the newcomer the Toothed Baton. Then, she moves toward the general store and tries to see who is inside through the windows.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: September 05, 2010, 07:57:08 am »

Head towards the general store, and listen to the man in my head.

I forgot about him.  :o

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: September 05, 2010, 08:00:04 am »

inform people of the living dude in the general store, and proceed with CAUTIONtm
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: September 05, 2010, 08:11:26 am »

-Here, Dahling! A gift from aunt Elizabeth~!

Ah, good idea.

Waiting for MBP, Flintus10, and Scriver
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: September 05, 2010, 03:34:10 pm »

May as well follow them to the general store. Any gas found is appropriated

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: September 05, 2010, 06:07:32 pm »

General store aswell, be prepared to enact justice on any twisted men

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: September 05, 2010, 06:08:37 pm »

Aright.

Waiting for scriver

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: September 05, 2010, 10:24:49 pm »

also, Josephus, i hadnt read much wehen i made my backstory, so unless you think it would be good to keep it, I would like to change it from willing particapant
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: September 05, 2010, 10:57:07 pm »

It'd be fine to keep it, actually, unless you want to change it particularly.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: September 05, 2010, 11:30:46 pm »

meh, as long as it doews not create too many frictions with the group il keep it
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: September 06, 2010, 03:57:40 am »

- Thanks, auntie.
Accept the toothed baton, and put the hammer in my jeans pocket. Then follow the rest towards the general store.

Waiting for scriver
Sorry to keep you waiting ;)
Does the toothing remove the blunt weapon bonus, by the way?
Love, scriver~

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: September 06, 2010, 09:09:11 am »

Yeah, it kinda does.

Running turn shortly.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: September 06, 2010, 09:46:15 am »

Okie dokie.  :D
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 61