Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 61

Author Topic: RTD: Project Twilight [Round 54: Fancy Meeting You Here.]  (Read 66824 times)

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Project Twilight [Round 25: Man Down!]
« Reply #510 on: August 26, 2010, 11:45:54 pm »

Ah I only had weapons in mind.

I will get the best armor I can find then head over to the barracks.

no, stay at the armory, I'm fine.

But I call dibs on anything I find.
 :P
We still got to go there, we better be all ready#armed before going  to the hangar.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 27, 2010, 03:22:58 am »

Elizabeth has nothing interesting to do D:

So she just looks around armory in case she haven't spotted something else earlier.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 27, 2010, 06:33:44 am »

Woo!

We're averaging two turns a day, which is awesome, except for that one morning where everyone was online, which was a crazy four turns, what the hell.

Mortal Combat!

Quote from: TM2
Ignore my gaping head wound and punch the crazy lady with the guns in the face

Attack Roll: 4 - 1 (called shot:head) = 3
Defensive Roll (Cecilia): 2 (hit!)
Damage Roll: 2 - 1 (Decayed) = 1 (no damage)

The remaining Twisted Man shuffles up to Cecilia while she is fussing with her guns and punches her in the face!

Apparently these zombie-things punch about as hard as a newborn kitten.

I'll also add too mine, since the thing will probably die, Look around the barracks
edit: I'll just change my whole action to this:

Kick the twisted man in the head, look around barracks

Attack Roll: 5 - 1 (called shot:head) = 4
Defensive Roll (TM2): 4 (hit!)
Damage Roll: 5 (Mangled)
Roll to stay conscious: Natural 6, but it doesn't matter because a 5 to the head is death anyway

(the dice appear to be on your side today, eclipsetail.)

Cecilia bats the decayed thing's hand away from her face and launches a devastating roundhouse kick at the creature's face. There is a sickening CRACK. The Twisted Man's neck snaps and it falls to the ground.

No Roll Necessary

Cecilia steps over the Twisted Man's corpse. There is a shape huddled in the corner. It appears to be a young woman...

Action!

I'm kind of a big deal. I kill people. Make sure big guy is done, then armoury.

No roll necessary (Note: Pierre has actually killed most of the enemies so far. Seriously, he is racking up some crazy kills.)

"Hah! You see that, ladies? I am the man!" says Pierre, flexing his magnanimous muscles. He toes the massive creature with his boot, careful not to touch any of its black blood.

He heads into the armory after Elizabeth, and sees the 4 remaining Submachine Guns, ammo clips and the rocket launcher. He also sees a door marked 'ARMOR STORAGE' and enters. He sees the huge, bulky AIAS POWER ARMOR, of which there are three suits. Unfortunately, they do not look like they will fit on a woman without significant difficulties.

Result: 4

He sheds his jumpsuit and boots quickly, and with some difficulty manages to get into the AIAS POWER ARMOR. Holy crap, this is some really cool shit (stats below).

Ah I only had weapons in mind.

I will get the best armor I can find then head over to the barracks.

No roll necessary

Jane follows Pierre into the Armory, and notices the AIAS POWER ARMOR, which unfortunately looks like it will not fit. She instead grabs a combat vest that appears to be lined with Ceramic Inserts. This should do nicely.

Ooh, ooh, I have a passcode~!

I ALSO PASS MY PASSCODE TO SOMEONE WHO CAN READ (and practice Blindsight)

Result: 6

It doesn't look like Cassandra can increase her Blindsight powers any more at this juncture, despite her ridiculous levels of meditation. However, she manages to hear the sounds of battle coming from the distant 'HANGAR BAY'. She also can hear Pierre, Jane, and Elizabeth's heartbeats right now, and is able to distinguish each.

No movement roll (this time)

She heads over to Elizabeth and hands her the passcode. It says:

Wall Panel Code: 7-8-5-5
Vault Code: 4-6-1-3-1-3-5-4

Well, this is helpful.

Elizabeth has nothing interesting to do D:

So she just looks around armory in case she haven't spotted something else earlier.

No roll necessary

The code that Cassandra handed to Elizabeth clearly opens this vault. She enters the code into the wall panel and sees...

Current Situation

Elizabeth, Pierre, Cassandra, Jane

The four of them stand in the center of the armory, gathering around to see what is in this big mysterious vault. The pressurized air clears out, and they see a sword with a night-black blade (except Cassandra, who is blind).

"Oh my god," says Cassandra. "I think I'm going to throw up."

"What is it, darling?" asks Elizabeth.

"This sword. It shouldn't exist. It feels wrong... but also weirdly right. I think it's alive."

Jane looks at it for a while, then says, "So who's going to take it?"

Cecilia

"Hello," says Cecilia to the huddled shape.

"Lieutenant Taka?" comes the reply. "Is that you?"

"Uh. Yeah." says Cecilia.

"Oh thank God you're here," says the young woman, and bursts into choked tears. "I held 'em off f'r as long as I could, but they killed everyone in the barracks. I heard you shooting. Didja get them?"

"You could say that," says Cecilia.

"I couldn't tell 'cept from the sound," the young woman says. "I don't think I got much left in me, Lieutenant." Something in her voice makes Cecilia want to move closer.

As she gets another look, it appears the young woman's eyes have been gouged out rather messily. There are bite marks in her face, and it looks like she is in the process of Twisting. She babbles on for a few more minutes, then suddenly stops. The only clue that she has died is the cessation of mist from her mouth.

Cecilia notices that she is wearing some really nice armor. Probably wouldn't mind if you borrowed it for a while...

New Items

AIAS POWERED ARMOR (+2 against damage rolls to upper torso, legs, and arms; +1 to melee damage rolls; magnetic holsters/clamps for storage; satchel for item storage, male only)

TEUCER POWERED ARMOR (+1 against damage rolls to upper torso, legs, and arms; +2 to defensive rolls; magnetic holsters/clamps for storage; satchel for item storage, female only)

Combat Vest (+2 to ballistic damage rolls against torso, +1 to melee damage rolls against torso)

The Auger of Twilight: A weapon of dire prophecy. It is big and heavy (-2 to attack rolls) but cuts like monofilament wire (+2 to damage rolls). What the hell is it doing in a secret corporate facility. It is a sword.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Project Twilight [Round 26: Powered Armor and the A. Brigade]
« Reply #513 on: August 27, 2010, 06:50:21 am »

Well naturally the blade user should take the sword.

I think I will go investigate the hanger.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: August 27, 2010, 07:00:01 am »

Already? Okay.

Also, image update time, I guess.

i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 27, 2010, 08:34:35 am »

Take the teucer armor. Head over to armory. Take two machine guns and as many clips as I can take. Throw the handguns and handgun ammo away if there's not enough space.

Lol.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 27, 2010, 08:45:42 am »

Aright. I'm gonna have to break that up into two actions.

Flintus10's action is actually a really good idea. Scouting ahead (which should technically be the stealthy one's job :P) is usually the best course of action.

Just a heads up, you guys are almost done with Chapter 1, assuming you all survive to the end of the Chapter. In case you're wondering, yeah, the next Combat Encounter is going to be difficult. Here's to the dice. Hope you survive. Rock and Roll to Dodge!

(yes this is something Cassandra knows in a weird meta way.)

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 27, 2010, 08:47:14 am »

See those, ladies? Welcome to the gunshow, wich include metal guns. By guns I mean abs.

Clamp a smg on the suit, and the rocket if nobody else want it, then to the barrack

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 27, 2010, 08:50:14 am »

Do you mean two turns? Or two actions?

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 27, 2010, 08:51:28 am »

Two turns.

Aright. Just waitin' for Haspen and Acanthoid, so turn should be done by tomorrow (for me).

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 27, 2010, 08:51:46 am »

And yeah, we should give the sword to cassandra, so she can go all zatoishi on our enemies.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 27, 2010, 10:56:06 am »

This game makes me wish somebody would die.
...I do not think my therapist would approve of me following it any more.  ;D
Love, scriver~

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 27, 2010, 10:58:28 am »

Your therapist is manipulating you, man, don't let them do it!

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 27, 2010, 11:18:18 am »

Personally i would not mind having another teamate, but really it's your call Josephus.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: August 27, 2010, 11:20:08 am »

Personally i would not mind having another teamate, but really it's your call Josephus.

More people to distract the monsters while I shoot them.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 61