Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 61

Author Topic: RTD: Project Twilight [Round 54: Fancy Meeting You Here.]  (Read 66657 times)

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Project Twilight [Round 19: Abominations]
« Reply #375 on: August 24, 2010, 08:36:39 pm »

Yell for the others to get over here.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 24, 2010, 11:10:06 pm »

Current Actions:

After getting all the info/loot i can get from the monitor, search the room as to find more loot/monitors
Head down the Hallway the twisted men came from.
practice BLINDVISIONtm whilst asking Pierre or someone who can see to check on the computers. Tell them TO NOT PRESS ANYTHING, THEY MIGHT REANIMATE THE DEAD THINGS (we're not stupid, bromandudery)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 01:41:03 am by Josephus »
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 24, 2010, 11:12:20 pm »

Aw I feel special.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 24, 2010, 11:14:31 pm »

I'm debating whether or not I should make a roll for that one. A one would shatter your vocal cords. A six would destroy the ozone layer*. Either way, strange things happen.

*I am probably joking.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 24, 2010, 11:16:29 pm »

I'm debating whether or not I should make a roll for that one. A one would shatter your vocal cords. A six would destroy the ozone layer*. Either way, strange things happen.

*I am probably joking.
:'(

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 24, 2010, 11:32:55 pm »

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 24, 2010, 11:36:11 pm »

Aright, got it. Just waitin' for Haspen and Acanthoid.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 25, 2010, 12:53:10 am »

ACANTHOID SMASH!

practice BLINDVISIONtm whilst asking Pierre or someone who can see to check on the computers. Tell them TO NOT PRESS ANYTHING, THEY MIGHT REANIMATE THE DEAD THINGS (we're not stupid, bromandudery)
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 25, 2010, 04:57:29 am »

-Well that was pretty weird.

Elizabeth fiddles with the latch.

Reserve action? :P
-Oh Pieeerre of Gorgeous Abs, please help a damsel in distress~!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 25, 2010, 07:15:39 am »

Actions!

No roll necessary

Cecilia does not like the tack the voice in her head is taking.

"People, over here!" she yells. "I'm getting a bad feeling about this hallway!"

No one answers, as yet, but they clearly heard her.

Hopefully nothing else did. Curiously, the voice seems to have quieted down.

After getting all the info/loot i can get from the monitor, search the room as to find more loot/monitors

Result: 4 + 1 (Waterborn) = 5

The interface is easy enough for Pierre to figure out. There are arrow keys for navigation, a green button to confirm, and a red button to cancel.

Result: 2 + 1 (Waterborn) = 3

However, he accidentally selects the choice "Flush Tank." A vent in the bottom of the middle cylinder opens up, sucking the liquid out of the cylinder, and making its contents sag depressingly against the cylinder wall. The man-thing in the cylinder leaves a slimy looking red smear on the inside.

Again, nothing like gutting fish on the high seas. Pierre methodically selects >Status, and the following message comes up:

No Life Signs

Undeterred, Pierre now selects >Accumulated Data.

Log: R. Nanay

Test subject showed initial responsiveness to a combination of project BEASTFATHER's blood (hereafter, substance B) and a tincture of project GODLING's biomaterial (substance G). Result was rather increased hairiness, but similarly increased agility and strength.

Subject then began to develop bony, hornlike protrusions from his forehead and became increasingly hirsute. We feared another violent interaction between substance G and substance B, as with the previous two attempts.

Subject's bone mass began to grow at an alarming rate, beginning at points to protrude through the skin, as with previous two attempts. Recommend no further experiments with both substance G and substance B in tandem. The two cannot coexist inside a single subject. Keep these three alive for study.

No roll necessary

Hearing Cecilia's yell, Jane makes her way out into the hall and heads down the hallway the Twisted Men came from. She finds Cecilia standing there, waiting with more than a hint of annoyance on her face.

Result: 2

Cassandra attempts to increase her sightless faculties once more, but this time fails. Surely one more attempt will succeed. She then asks Pierre what he found on the monitors, but it is too late to prevent him from pressing anything. At least it is clear that the creatures are quite dead, and won't be revived any time soon - and also that their heritage is, of course, entirely unnatural.

-Well that was pretty weird.

Elizabeth fiddles with the latch.

Result: 5 (epic success!)

Elizabeth sticks the blade end of her oscillating saw into the latch and gives it a quick pull, not quite enough to deplete its battery power significantly. The blade jiggles the latch out of sorts and the panel swings open. Inside she sees...

Current Situation

Elizabeth
Elizabeth has just opened the wall panel in this room. Inside are three pairs of Insulated Boots, a Taser, and three more Gas Masks. Clearly, just like the other wall panel, this one is equipped to deal with the residents of these cylinders. Not that they can do much anymore, being dead.

Jane and Cecilia

Jane limps up to Cecilia's side. "Well, what is it?" she asks.

"I don't think we should split up right now, is all," Cecilia replies. "Where are the others?"

"Still messing around inside that room back there."

They face the end of the long hallway. It seems to be a bit darker than usual. Probably some of the lights were destroyed or short-circuited during all this ruckus.

Pierre and Cassandra

The two of them stand by the bank of monitors, trying to learn what they can. Or at least Pierre is trying to learn what he can, and conveying the information to Cassandra afterwards. However, everything they learn from the other two monitors is similar to the first one Pierre checked.

New Items

Insulated Boots: Can walk on hazardous substances without harm
Taser: -1 to attack, electrical, 5/5 charge

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Project Twilight [Round 20: More Loot and a Shadowy Corridor]
« Reply #385 on: August 25, 2010, 07:18:36 am »

I will head down the dark hallway
And just use my reserve action if another turn gets posted before I am up please.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 25, 2010, 07:19:26 am »

Aright, no problem. Also, what do you mean by use your reserve action? Which one?

Actions so Far

I will head down the dark hallway
And just use my reserve action if another turn gets posted before I am up please.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 25, 2010, 07:21:44 am »

Oh right huh musn't have finished posting.

Reserve action: Kill anything hostile/talk to anything friendly/investigate if neither is possible.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 25, 2010, 07:24:03 am »

Down the hallway, as well as calling the others again

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 25, 2010, 08:05:35 am »

Get those insulated boots, and the taser if nobody else want it. Then go join the others at the other corridor
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 61