Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 61

Author Topic: RTD: Project Twilight [Round 54: Fancy Meeting You Here.]  (Read 66609 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Project Twilight [Round 13: A Big Dead Glowing Man]
« Reply #240 on: August 22, 2010, 08:32:12 pm »

Actions:

Go argue with the person who just shot a helpfull man in the head

That's kind of a dick move, sweethart.

No roll necessary

Startled by the gunshot, Pierre goes over to where Cecilia is standing, near the now-dead big man in the middle of the room.

"Now, why did you do that, sweetheart? That was kind of a dick move." he says. "He could have helped us out."

Cecilia frowns at him. "He asked me to. And don't call me sweetheart. The name is 'Cecilia', and don't forget it'."

Pierre frowns back. "I didn't hear him ask you."

"That's because you were outside the room at the time," she says, gritting her teeth.

The glow from the corpse intensifies...

Investigate this glowing guy a bit.

Movement Roll: 4 - 1 (previous penalty) = 3
Result: 2 (failure)

Ignoring her bickering companions, Jane makes her way over to the glowing man. She doesn't manage to learn anything useful, although she is surprised that he survived having his liver, stomach, and god knows what else removed.

Poke him

Result: 3 (weak success)

Cecilia turns away from the man [Mysteriousbluepuppet], angrily muttering "If you call me sweetheart again, I'll shoot you in the head."

She pokes the dead man's face a little. Suddenly, the glow bursts, enfolding the three standing near the dead man!

Elizabeth chuckles a little and then goes to the First Aid Kits. She tries to see if FAK will fit into her other pocket. If yes, she takes it, if not, she doesn't take it. Then she dances around, admiring herself in the goddamn lovely lab suit.

No roll necessary

Prancing around in her lovely new lab coat, Elizabeth brushes past the three at the table and grabs a first aid kit in the wall recess. Thankfully, lab coats have big pockets. She stashes it in her left pocket.

Cassandra attempts to learn to determine where things are by using her hearing.

Result: 2

Cassandra reaches out with her senses, attempting to use her ears, rather than her mysterious oracular powers, to locate the others. She fails. However, she hears something the others have missed... a scratching at the door!

Current Situation

The amber energy wreathes Pierre, Jane, and Cecilia. They can almost feel wounds reknitting themselves and power flowing into their bodies. They hear a voice: "th... s.. the fire..."

Flintus10, eclipsetail, Mysteriousbluepuppet, pick a +1 upgrade according to the guidelines I gave to Haspen.

They are startled out of their reverie by Cassandra's warning. Something is coming through the door!

With a snarl, a hideous hulking beast bursts through. It looks vaguely like a dog, but the claws on its forelegs are long and sharp, and it is wearing a spiked collar. Its teeth are similarly jagged and wrong, and it stinks like sulfur.

Initiative!

Pierre: 5 + 1 (Stallion) = 6
Jane: 3
Cecilia: 6 + 1 (Archer) = 7
Cassandra: 5 - 2 (oracle) = 3
Elizabeth: 4

Claw Beast: 3

Turn Order
1. Cecilia
2. Pierre
3. Elizabeth
4. Jane
5. Claw Beast
6. Cassandra
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 08:37:49 pm by Josephus »
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Project Twilight [Round 14: vs. Claw Beast]
« Reply #241 on: August 22, 2010, 08:36:49 pm »

{+1 to stealth.}
Oh yeah first turn!

two calledshots.

With my better gun(right hand) shoot for the head.
With my off arm(left) shoot for a leg.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 22, 2010, 09:10:28 pm »

+1 to hit.

And I will attack the claw beast with my spear

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 22, 2010, 09:45:22 pm »

+1 damage in melee is ok ? Or, is it possible to get supernatural power relied to our element ?

And also, IT'S PRODDING TIME. Once she has fired her shot, i get the prod ready in case of a charge. , skewer him if he get too close
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 09:51:30 pm by Mysteriousbluepuppet »

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 22, 2010, 10:05:29 pm »

If my called shots work right,

It'll get shot in the head and hopefully knock it out.
If that doesn't work, hopefully my other will hit it's leg, making it unmovabley like.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 22, 2010, 10:47:04 pm »

+1 damage in melee is ok ? Or, is it possible to get supernatural power relied to our element ?

And also, IT'S PRODDING TIME. Once she has fired her shot, i get the prod ready in case of a charge. , skewer him if he get too close

Yeah, a supernatural power is okay, as long as its effect would be basically equal to a +1 for you, or a -1 for anyone, or it could be just a new attack like THUNDER's lightning bolts.

Or you could take that +1 melee damage.

Anyway, I'll take your action as an interrupt during the Claw Beast's turn, if it gets near you while it's making its attack (assuming eclipsetail's shooting doesn't take it out.)
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 22, 2010, 10:57:56 pm »

HOLY BALLS! GO TO PIERRE AND THE OTHER PEOPLE YAY
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 22, 2010, 10:58:59 pm »

Ill take the dmg, but i'll keep that in mind for a future time, thank you

And yes an interrupt is fine by me.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 22, 2010, 11:02:16 pm »

Aright. We're just waiting for Haspen, so the turn will be completed by later today.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 22, 2010, 11:03:07 pm »

Oh, and just in case I need some reserve actions

If Claw Beast is dead: HIT IT WITH STUFF
If Claw Beast hits me and it looks like it'll kill me: USE SPECIAL POWER TO DODGE HIT
If there's nothing immediately dangerous: ATTEMPT TO GAIN BLINDSIGHT (AKA REPEAT PREVIOUS ACTION)
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 23, 2010, 01:34:54 am »

Actions So Far:

Turn Order
1. Cecilia
2. Pierre
3. Elizabeth
4. Jane
5. Claw Beast - Bad Guy
6. Cassandra

{+1 to stealth.}
Oh yeah first turn!

two calledshots.

+1 to hit.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 23, 2010, 04:08:43 am »

Grab the shard and perform the stab! Only if the beast will come close, for now, don't engage.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 23, 2010, 05:43:57 am »

Actions:

Turn Order
1. Cecilia
2. Pierre
3. Elizabeth
4. Jane
5. Claw Beast - Bad Guy
6. Cassandra

two calledshots.

Attack Roll: 5 + 1 (Archer) - 1 (called shot: head) = 5
Defensive Roll (Claw Beast): 4 (hit!)
Damage Roll: 3 - 1 (Ability: Big) = 2 (light wound!)
Attack Roll: 4 + 1 (Archer) - 1 (called shot: right foreleg) - 1 (off hand) = 3
Defensive Roll (Claw Beast): 5 (miss!)

Cecilia wastes no time when the beast burst through the doors. Bringing up her pistols, she fires two shots from each hand in quick succession, taking careful aim at the beast's head and right foreleg. The first shot tears a runnel in the beast's cheek, spraying blackish blood, but the animal twists out of the way of the second shot. It misses quite badly and streaks away into the hall.

No Roll Until Interrupt!

Pierre readies himself for a possible charge. In his life as a fisherman and a rugged outdoorsman, he has decided to treat this huge thing like a bear or a boar. You cannot show fear to either if you want to live, and so he sets himself ready.

Grab the shard and perform the stab! Only if the beast will come close, for now, don't engage.

No Roll Until Interrupt!

Elizabeth, startled by the beast's appearance, grabs the shard with her free hand and readies herself for an attack.

Attack Roll: Natural 6 (automatic hit!)
Defensive Roll (Claw Beast): 2
Location Roll: 4 (Lower Torso!)
Damage Roll: 5 - 1 (Ability:Big) = 4 (Heavily Wounded)
Roll to stay conscious: 4 (success!)

Seizing the opportunity, Jane lunges at the huge beast with her makeshift spear held at the ready. Surprised by this display of ferocity, the beast is unable to react, and takes the trocar-end of the spear in the gut, tearing it quite badly. However, it manages to hold itself together despite the shock. Black blood sprays out and the spear begins to his, as if melting...

Quote from: Claw Beast
Go for the weakest opponent.

Break melee!
Movement Roll: 5 (epic success!)

The beast tears itself free of Jane's spear, the tip sliding slickly out, and makes a break for the opponent it senses to be least likely to kill it: Cassandra. It darts for her position beside the lab equipment...

Interrupt: Pierre!
Attack Roll: 3 + 1 (Trident) = 4
Defensive Roll (Claw Beast): Natural 6 (automatic miss!)

As it tears by, Pierre sets both his hands on his shock prod and makes a vicious stab! The beast, however, twists away from the blow and continues on its path...

Interrupt: Elizabeth!
Attack Roll: 4 - 1 (improvised weapon) + 1 (upgrade)= 4
Defensive Roll (Claw Beast): Natural 1 (automatic hit!)
Location Roll: 3 (Foreleg:Left Foreleg)
Damage Roll: 5 - 1 (ability:Big) = 4 (Heavily Wounded)
Roll to Stay Conscious: 5 (success!)

Next to try is Elizabeth. As the beast attempts to push past her, blinded by pain and rage, she lashes out with the shard from her cylinder. She catches it in the outstretched left leg, tearing a long, wide gash in the flesh. The shard shatters, and the beast, somehow still conscious, presses on.

Claw Beast Attacks!
Attack Roll: 5
Defensive Roll (Cassandra): 3
Location Roll: 6 (head)
Damage Roll: 1 + 1 (ability: claws) = 2 (Lightly Wounded)

With a powerful blow, the beast lashes out at Cassandra, who manages to duck at the last moment. It's not quite enough, however! The beast's outstretched claws graze her in the forehead. The impact from such a strong strike leaves Cassandra a little dizzy.

Break Combat!
Movement Roll: 2 (failure)

Cassandra turns and attempts to flee, but trips!

Roll to Dodge!: 3 (weak success)

She manages to fling her hands out in time, and prevents herself from sustaining a nasty bruise. But now she is right in front of an enraged beast, in no position to defend herself (-1 to next defensive roll)

There is a sound from the doorway. Two twisted, grotesque mockeries of men lurch slowly into sight, moaning in apparent pain and fear, but making their way towards Pierre and Cecilia. Meanwhile, Jane's spear begins to twist and smoke...

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 23, 2010, 05:44:42 am »

Taking new actions. Statuses updated with new enemies, wounds, and ammo/durability depletion.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Project Twilight [Round 15: More Enter the Fray!]
« Reply #254 on: August 23, 2010, 05:54:17 am »

Turn Order
1. Cecilia
2. Pierre
3. Twisted Man #1 (Initative Roll: 6 - 1 = 5)
4. Elizabeth
5. Jane
6. Claw Beast - Bad Guy
7. Cassandra
8. Twisted Man #2 (Initiative Roll: 1)

Also, here is the Claw Beast and Twisted Men's next action:

Actions so far:

Quote from: Claw Beast
BITE THE SMALL ONE IN THE HEAD. (called shot to head)
Quote from: Twisted Man 1
Charge the man (Pierre) slowly and attack!
Quote from: Twisted Man 2
Charge the woman (Cecilia) slowly and attack!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 05:57:06 am by Josephus »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 61