Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 61

Author Topic: RTD: Project Twilight [Round 54: Fancy Meeting You Here.]  (Read 66521 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Project Twilight [Round 11: The Laboratory]
« Reply #210 on: August 21, 2010, 11:06:08 pm »

Action!:

Reserve action:
Run after the rest of the group.

Result: 4 (success!)

Elizabeth pulls herself free and runs after the others. The amber mist trails after her.

I will search the room or avoid anything dangerous.

Result: 5 (epic success!)

Jane ignores the gigantic naked man on the surgical table, and starts poking around the lab. She finds a set of Standard Surgical Tools, a Pole (which could be used as a walking stick), three Labcoats, a set of Latex Gloves, and a Battery Operated Surgical Saw.

I go to the gigantic man and ask him what's going on.

If he refuses to talk, call shot him in the head.

No roll necessary

Cecilia goes up to the gigantic man and talks to him... (stuff below)

Quote from: Cassandra MacDonald
Get a piggyback ride so I don't trip so goddamn much.

No roll necessary

Cassandra tugs Pierre on the sleeve and asks for a little help. Pierre lifts her up on his back. She is no problem, due to his gorgeous abs and corresponding lower back strength.

So yeah, quick look at both guards, then if i see the mist around her legs ill go help her. Else, To the claw marks !

No Roll Necessary

The red-haired young lady [Acanthus117] on his back, Pierre gives the two dead men a cursory look. He notices nothing that the others have not already noticed, except for the fact that the headless guard's Kevlar Vest is still in good condition.

Result: 2 (failure)

He also fails to notice that the red haired lady [Haspen] is being trailed by some kind of sparkly amber mist. He goes on to the claw marks on the door, which is half-open now. The door appears to be made out of steel or some similar material, and the claw marks are very deep. Whatever creature made these marks failed to open the door. But it was clearly the creature that killed the two men in the hallway behind him.

Current Situation

Pierre and Cassandra:

They are just outside the laboratory where Jane and Cecilia are. They are inspecting the claw marks. There is an open door with a trail of blood to their left, and a closed door to their right.

Elizabeth:

Following Pierre and Cassandra, trying to get away from the trail of amber mist that is floating serenely after her.

Jane:

Searching the lab. She has found Standard Surgical Tools, a Pole (which could be used as a walking stick), three Labcoats, a set of Latex Gloves, and a Battery Operated Surgical Saw.

Cecilia:

The gigantic man lies before her. He looks very lucid. He also looks as if he is in a lot of pain. She points one of her guns at him just in case. No sense in being careless.

The man looks at her and grins. "Come to finish me off, then?"

"What's going on?" she says. "What do you mean?"

"You're not with the Doctors?" he asks. "You're wearing clothes just like their assistants."

"No," she says. "I think we killed one of them."

"Well," the man says. "That's a relief. You cannot imagine how long they've had me here."

"What have they done to you? And us?" Cecilia asks, curious.

"They stole the fire, m'dear. They stole the fire and gave it to people. Now the world will burn."

"What do you-"

The man cuts her off. "There's this one Doctor. His name is Johan Myhmesser. He's the one responsible for my current, sad state. You see-" he indicates his gory torso. "I can't die. And he used to get hungry sometimes."

"Used to?" asks Cecilia.

"I haven't seen him for a while. Next thing I know, the facility is falling down around my ears. That pet of his escaped, I suppose. Or he set it free. I'm not sure."

"I'm going to ask you again," says Cecilia. "What did they do to us? Just earlier I saw a man hurling lightning bolts out of thin air. There's a blind girl back there who can actually tell where she's going half the time. What are we now?"

The gigantic man smiles. "I'll show you. But first you have to set me free."

"Set you free?"

"Kill me."

New Items

Latex Gloves
Battery Operated Surgical Saw: 7/7 Battery Life, -1 to Attack Roll, +1 to Damage Roll
Kevlar Vest: 5/5 Condition
A Pole
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Project Twilight [Round 12: The Stolen Fire]
« Reply #211 on: August 21, 2010, 11:59:21 pm »

Cassandra asks Pierre to pass her the kevlar vest and a scalpel, if there's one among the tools.

"Thanks for the lift, Pierre."
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 22, 2010, 12:00:20 am »

Actions So Far

Cassandra asks Pierre to pass her the kevlar vest and a scalpel, if there's one among the tools.

Wear a labcoat and hand the others out to whoever wants them. See if I can attacht either the saw or any particularly large surgical tools to the end of the pole to make a walking stick/make-shift spear.
Elizabeth takes one labcoat and wears it on the gown, as well takes the latex gloves and puts them on.

-I look like herr doctor, Dahlings!

She also puts the baton into one of her pockets (Labcoats does have pockets) and grabs the saw.

-Wrrrrry! Hey big man without guts. Does cutting your head off counts as killing you?
Join the other in the laboratory, and compare abs before searching for a first aid kit or the like.

Reserve Actions

Cassandra attempts to learn to determine where things are by using her hearing.

(Aka learn to be that guy in the Book of Eli)
And, going back to work, so as a reserve , i'll follow the other unless something big happen.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 06:05:30 am by Josephus »
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 22, 2010, 12:03:13 am »

Cassandra attempts to learn to determine where things are by using her hearing.

(Aka learn to be that guy in the Book of Eli)
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 22, 2010, 02:57:21 am »

Wear a labcoat and hand the others out to whoever wants them. See if I can attacht either the saw or any particularly large surgical tools to the end of the pole to make a walking stick/make-shift spear.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 22, 2010, 04:41:10 am »

Elizabeth takes one labcoat and wears it on the gown, as well takes the latex gloves and puts them on.

She also puts the baton into one of her pockets (Labcoats does have pockets) and grabs the saw.

-Wrrrrry! Hey big man without guts. Does cutting your head off counts as killing you?
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 22, 2010, 05:25:29 am »

Yeah, I think the saw is going to be terrifying if you have it.

This is what a battery-operated surgical saw looks like:

So it would be unsuitable for a spear like Flintus10 is planning. He'll have to make do with using a Giant Trocar

Attached to the end of Jane's pole.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 22, 2010, 06:01:32 am »

Join the other in the laboratory, and compare abs before searching for a first aid kit or the like.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 22, 2010, 06:03:25 am »

And, going back to work, so as a reserve , i'll follow the other unless something big happen.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 22, 2010, 06:05:53 am »

Okay, got it. Just waiting for Eclipsetail.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 22, 2010, 06:36:31 am »

For some reason turns happen when I sleep lol.

Call shot the man in the head with only one gun.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 22, 2010, 06:37:43 am »

Yeah, my posting time is probably inverse from yours by 12 hours, hehe.

Turn starting in a bit.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 22, 2010, 06:41:48 am »

Lol that's wonderful.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 22, 2010, 07:05:40 am »

No roll necessary

Cassandra slips off of Pierre's back, and dons the Kevlar vest. The straps seem a bit loose, and the vest is a bit big, but it fits.

Movement Roll: 5
Result: 4 (success)

She then heads off to the lab and attempts to find a scalpel in the mess of surgical tools. She doesn't find a scalpel, but fumbling around blindly, she manages to lay her hands on a non-powered surgical saw.

No roll necessary

Pierre heads off towards the laboratory.

"Hello, big man!" he exclaims. "What happened to you?"

The gigantic man grins. "Bad things."

"Well," says Pierre, "maybe we could compare abs?" He unzips his jumpsuit to the waist and shows off his gorgeous abs.

The man sighs. "I would, but you see, they took mine."

Pierre looks down and notices the rather obvious giant hole in the man's abdomen, from which several organs have been removed. It's a wonder he's still alive.

"Well," says Pierre. "That's a shame. Say, do you know where I could find a first aid kit?"

The big man points to a recess in the wall.

"Thank you!"

No roll necessary.

Pierre goes to the recess in the wall and finds two First Aid Kits. These have enough supplies in them to treat three Light Wounds.

No roll necessary

Jane shucks a labcoat on over her gown, and hands out another one to Elizabeth, who is just coming in, still being trailed by the mist. She then tries to craft herself a makeshift spear.

Result: 3 (weak success)

The battery-operated surgical saw is too unwieldy and heavy for the pole, so she decides to take what looks like an oversized Trocar (probably specialized for that Gigantic Man). Using stainless steel suture wire from the surgical equipment, she lashes the Trocar to the pole. It doesn't look very sturdy (Condition: 4/4 before repair is necessary) but it should do as a weapon. She already feels better, having a spear... the sound of ancient battle seems to rise in the air around her head.

No roll necessary

Elizabeth wears the Lab Coat, musing that it covers up all the nice, colorful bloodstains on her gown. She also wears a pair of latex gloves for some reason. She then places her Heavy Baton in one pocket, where it fits nicely due to the size of the pockets, and grabs the heavy Battery Operated Surgical Saw. Suddenly, the amber mist makes its move!

Roll to Dodge!: 2

Elizabeth tries to dodge, but the mist moves far too quickly, enveloping her. The mist wreathes her form, then suddenly enters her nostrils when she tries to inhale.

Haspen, you are now upgraded. Really should've just stuck with the mist earlier. :P Tell me what you want (a maximum of +1 that would make sense given your character's actions, for example, you can now go berserk once a combat, adding +1 to combat rolls, due to the fact that you have previously displayed berserker tendencies.)

No Roll Necessary (technically, this is a non-combat action)

Cecilia presses her pistol to the side of the gigantic man's head, while the others look on quizzically.

"Ah, thank you!" he says. It looks like he is crying.

She pulls the trigger. The big man jerks once and dies.

Suddenly Cecilia realizes that dead men can't actually tell you what's going on. "DAMMIT."

However, the big man's body suddenly begins to glow...

Current Situation

Jane, Elizabeth, Pierre, Cassandra:

Grouped around by the table where the surgical instruments, lab coats, and gloves were found. Somewhat started by the gunshot.

Cecilia:

Standing beside the now-glowing gigantic man's corpse. A little bewildered.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Project Twilight [Round 13: A Big Dead Glowing Man]
« Reply #224 on: August 22, 2010, 07:11:34 am »

Poke him
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 61