Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 61

Author Topic: RTD: Project Twilight [Round 54: Fancy Meeting You Here.]  (Read 66578 times)

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Project Twilight [Round 9: The Corridor]
« Reply #180 on: August 20, 2010, 11:02:44 am »

Well, the "wet patient's gown" ought to add a +1 to interactions with male characters. :o

lol.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 20, 2010, 01:25:49 pm »

Going to work, so i'll pilfer whatever i find, then follow the ladies where they want to go.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 20, 2010, 01:46:02 pm »

Fridge Logic: How was Project JUSTICE able to tell what is written on the note? Did helpful scientists write down their passwords with Braille?

Also, I can do art. But I'm only dabbling in the "face-drawing" department. I much prefer non-humans. Or machines. Art will be much more interesting when the players are less Cast of Snowflakes, and more Ragtag Bunch Of Misfits, anyway.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 01:47:46 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 20, 2010, 05:43:56 pm »

Fridge Logic: How was Project JUSTICE able to tell what is written on the note? Did helpful scientists write down their passwords with Braille?

The gift of prophecy works in mysterious ways. :P

EDIT: Now that you mention it, it is a bit unfortunate the the one who can't read is the one who ended up with the Diary and the Note with a password on it. Although (and I can say this because the time for its usefulness has passed) the password was merely for the wall panel, which is now moot because MBP pried the hatch off with his bare hands.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 06:23:30 pm by Josephus »
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 20, 2010, 07:46:14 pm »

Additionally, someone remind me if I forget to list something in your inventory or in your status.

Posting Turn Shortly
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 07:53:23 pm by Josephus »
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 20, 2010, 08:00:10 pm »

What about flintus?

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 20, 2010, 08:04:15 pm »

He's online, so I'm waiting for him to post his action.

"shortly" means within the next couple of hours. :P

EDIT: Aw man, he went offline. Probably asleep. You guys think I should use his previously reserved action? (It's up there in the actions so far post.)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 08:08:27 pm by Josephus »

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 20, 2010, 08:11:09 pm »

Why not?

Turn pl0x lolz ftw.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 20, 2010, 08:48:21 pm »

Actions:

Go through the door at the end of the hallway after searching the men. Take a jumpsuit.

(Acanthus, you should probably take a gas mask. Who cares if you can't see as well? You're blind anyway...

And I'm taking a jumpsuit because I'll have normal stealth with it, because of my +1.)

No roll necessary

Cecilia quickly grabs one of the jumpsuits out of the wall panel, and changes behind a cylinder. The floor is slick with blood, but Cecilia treads carefully, making her way to the dead men in the hallway.

Result: 3

One of them is wearing a Kevlar Vest and the same uniform the Burly Man was wearing. She manages to find another semi-automatic handgun and a spare clip containing 17/17 rounds. She notices that the Kevlar Vest is undamaged. The man was killed when his head was torn from its shoulders, apparently by something with nasty teeth. She stashes the spare clip and semi-automatic handgun in her jumpsuit's right pocket.

("go through the door at the end of the hallway will count as your next action unless you want to change it")

Take the shock prod, and equip one jumpsuit. Then check on my injuries, do medicine !

Sadly , lady's, you wont see any of these abs for a bit of time... Or a pretty long time if your Cassandra

No roll necessary.

Pierre gleefully takes the clearly-labeled shock prod with instructional manual and then puts on a jumpsuit, trading it for his damaged pants and reattaching the communicator device to one of the jumpsuit's belt hooks.

No roll necessary

Pierre does medicine on himself. His wound is not very serious and is quite shallow. However he has no medical supplies on hand. Perhaps he could try to duplicate whatever it was the blonde lady [Flintus10] did?

Loot the dead men!

Movement Roll: 2 (failure!)

Cassandra moves towards where she feels the dead men are, but walks into the wall instead and gives herself a bruise on the forehead. Ouch.

Nooo, glass of shard, don't be a dick, there are two around already!

Elizabeth tries to pull the shard again. No matter if it will go out or not, she then follows the group.

Result: 3 (weak success)

Elizabeth tugs as hard she can. The shard pulls out of the doctor's eyesocket, but breaks in the process. Now it looks like it could be used more for slashing than stabbing. Suddenly... (see bottom of post)

FYI I'm heading to sleep now so if I miss a turn just keep me involved with the combat or looting the bodies...If I survive that is  :P

Movement Roll: 4 (success!)

Jane successfully manages to limp her way to the other dead man.

Result: 2 (failure)

Jane finds another pistol, but this one is empty. It looks like the man used up all of his ammo fighting off something, then blew his own brains out rather than let it get him. She keeps it anyway. An empty weapon is better than no weapon at all.

Finally:

Also, Cassandra informs them of what she knows so far.

Miserably rubbing her forehead, Cassandra makes her way up to Pierre, who is still in the room along with Elizabeth. She explains that you are all Projects in some top-secret facility somewhere in the North. In the cylinders, you were being kept sedated by a low-grade anesthetic mixed with oxygen, which was being pumped by those masks. The reason the gas shut off, which allowed you all to escape, is because one of the more dangerous Projects has just escaped, destroying some key facilities.

Oh and, that lady doctor you all just killed was one of the four facility heads - and a fellow test subject. Prepare to see something strange...

Jane and Cecilia see:

The door at the end of the hallway has claw-marks around its edges. The door to its left is open. There is a smear of blood leading either out of it or into it. The door on its right is closed.

Elizabeth sees:

The Female Doctor's corpse begins to glow with that same ethereal light that miraculously healed the blonde lady [Flintus10]. She does not seem to be changing much though. Her blood, which is all over the place (and on you) is now a sort of  misty amber color, and has begun evaporating.

Pierre sees:

He notices the glow, but is suddenly distracted by a blaring from his Communication Device that is hooked to his belt loops. It is a woman's voice.

"Captain Smith? Captain, can you hear me? This is Lily Taka of Alpha Squad. We are holed up in the hangar bay. Project BEASTFATHER is nowhere in sight, but those creatures of his are all over the place. We are low on ammunition, Captain, and several of my squadmates are down. Patrol Squads 3 and 5 have failed to report in. Hurry up with Dr. Nanay so we can get the hell out of here- shit, here comes another one. Arnold, bring it down!"

The sound of firing weapons and snarling fills the transmission... Interesting.

Cassandra sees:

Not much.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Project Twilight [Round 10: Corpses, Corpses, Everywhere]
« Reply #189 on: August 20, 2010, 08:54:16 pm »

Awaiting new actions, guys

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 20, 2010, 08:54:40 pm »

ha! So everyone is now screwed even more that I basicly have 4 guns!

Go through the door at the end of hallway.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 20, 2010, 10:50:36 pm »

I try to work the communicator, and say in a burly voice :Smith talking(smooth lies!), i've got trouble hearing you, hang there well come get you. we need to get some better firepower first running out ourselves.

When i'm done i go rejoin the ladies and say:
Hey Ladies, just got something on the 10-4, apparently some project "Beastfather" and lacquets are causing the cases of decapitated bodies around here. and a few of their friends are holed up to defend themselves. Guess we better arm ourselves and get the fuck out

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 20, 2010, 11:04:05 pm »

You're not getting any of my guns.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 20, 2010, 11:09:05 pm »

Meh, i dont mind myself, simply give some to the unnarmed or else grow additionals arms.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 20, 2010, 11:15:50 pm »

Meh, i dont mind myself, simply give some to the unnarmed or else grow additionals arms.

wait what?
I have pockets.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 61