Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 61

Author Topic: RTD: Project Twilight [Round 54: Fancy Meeting You Here.]  (Read 66482 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile

Btw, I see a flaw in the combat mechanics, namely the hit area selection. What if the target has more than two legs? I think you should define it differently. 1,2 hit one of the legs. 3 hits one of the arms. 4 hits lower torso (or any torso area with less vital organs), 5 hits upper torso (or, similarly, any area with vital organs), 6 hits head.

Good point. I'll add that to the errata.
And now that I think of it again, the roll results are supposed to indicate increase in bodypart importance during combat, right? Because if they are, a "legs, legs, lower torso, arms, upper torso, head" progression might be more effective - hitting an arm may, in more ways than one, disarm the opponent, while hitting the lower torso will only cause long-term damage, with less short-term gain.

I dunno, man. I've heard that gutshots are incredibly painful (though the rules currently don't reflect that), and being hit hard enough there may result in someone being winded.

At any rate, bonuses don't affect the location damage roll, and it's random, so the only reason I ordered it that way is the aesthetic appeal.

EDIT: Actions so far

Try to pick up the pistol and fire at the female doctor.
Elizabeth grabs few shards of the sharp plastic-glass that here cylinder was built from and attempts to stab the female doctor if she is close, or throw shards at her, if she is away.
Look if i can pull out the pipe i almost impaled myself in, then Charge Mr burly Man
Stephen stumbles back, clutching his side and attempts to take cover from the crazy doctor lady.
Quote from: Flintus10
No action yet

Quote from: Burly Man
The man attempts to smash the crazy woman [Flintus10] who just disarmed him with his baton.
Quote from: Female Doctor
The doctor presses her back against the door and fires at the long-haired man [Forsaken1111] again.

Since this is a combat round, we will wait for Flintus10 and Forsaken1111 to log on and post their actions.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 10:07:16 am by Josephus »
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

True enough, I guess.

On a similar note, how about active defense? I could, for example, try to shield myself with my arms, increasing their chance to be hit while reducing the chance for the torso to be hit. It'd take an action, of course.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile

I was planning for actions of that type to give a simple defensive bonus (+1) or reducing damage by a step with the fluff explaining it. Hang on while I work out rules that would be necessary for something like active defense. :)

QUICKEDIT:

I guess simply replacing a result of 5 [torso] with 5 [arms] for that turn would suffice? I'm not sure if I'll be putting it in, the combat rules themselves have a few bugs I need to work out, one of which you've pointed out already. :P
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 09:47:04 am by Josephus »
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

I thought of something like increasing the arms' hitzone to "3,4" and reducing the torso hitzone to just "5".

edit: oh hey, a real ninja edit.

btw, you changed to "upper/lower torso", but kept the left/right legs. ;)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 09:49:50 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Project Twilight [Round 5: vs. Burly Man and Lady Doctor | Waiting]
« Reply #94 on: August 18, 2010, 09:50:28 am »

It would depend on which part they're protecting, though. I suppose arms can't exactly cover completely both parts of the torso, leaving one part uncovered in order to completely protect one part. That would change if the active defense involves a shield.

Also can we continue the rules discussion in PM? :P

EDIT:

btw, you changed to "upper/lower torso", but kept the left/right legs. ;)

Yeah, it's for the purpose of tracking called shots so I don't forget. One a human character, a hit to "one of the legs" will merely result in the GM having to make a coin flip to determine which one, adding an extra "roll". The "one of the legs" will be used for creatures with more than one pair (animals, giant insects)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 09:52:32 am by Josephus »

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 18, 2010, 09:53:20 am »

I don't think we should really skip any turns. Some people do have to sleep/eat/real life stuff.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 18, 2010, 09:55:38 am »

I don't think we should really skip any turns. Some people do have to sleep/eat/real life stuff.

Yah, I realized I was being in a godawful hurry. One update a day is enough. Although I've seen some RTD's where, if the player knows he'll be unable to post for more than a day, he posts two actions instead. Forsaken1111 did that, so it's good insurance if any of you guys think you'll be unable to post.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #97 on: August 18, 2010, 10:05:32 am »

Stephen stumbles back, clutching his side and attempts to take cover from the crazy doctor lady.

(Edit: I will be sleeping soon again, so just in case this progresses... Stephen will fire another bolt from cover provided that he feels it is safe to do so. If it is not, he will continue to seek cover and try to stop any bleeding from his wound/apply rudimentary first aid such as keeping pressure on it, etc.)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 10:07:42 am by forsaken1111 »

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 18, 2010, 07:26:11 pm »

Okay, waiting for eclipsetail, Mysteriousbluepuppet, Haspen, and Flintus10, now.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 18, 2010, 08:03:33 pm »

Okay, waiting for eclipsetail, Mysteriousbluepuppet, Haspen, and Flintus10, now.

Didn't i gave you my action sooner ? Just want to be sure there :P

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 18, 2010, 08:21:31 pm »

Pick up the pisol and threaten the Burly man into surrender.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 18, 2010, 08:23:22 pm »

I already gave my action.

guns do count as a ranged weapon right?

we were only waiting for flintus, who just gave their action.
And Flint, don't you think I should get the gun? With the bonus with ranged and all?
I'd suggest glass for you.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 08:25:50 pm by eclipsetail »

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 18, 2010, 08:28:19 pm »

You can have it after I'd just rather we didn't straight kill these people when they could probably have other uses.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 18, 2010, 08:28:59 pm »

You can have it after I'd just rather we didn't straight kill these people when they could probably have other uses.

They said they would  kill us man!

It's personnal !

Edited to remove insult to english language
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 08:34:10 pm by Mysteriousbluepuppet »

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 18, 2010, 08:29:09 pm »

I already gave my action.

guns do count as a ranged weapon right?

we were only waiting for flintus, who just gave their action.
And Flint, don't you think I should get the gun? With the bonus with ranged and all?
I'd suggest glass for you.

Oops, I miscounted your actions. Okay, here we go.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 61