Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 61

Author Topic: RTD: Project Twilight [Round 54: Fancy Meeting You Here.]  (Read 66467 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Project Twilight [Online: Round 4: vs. Burly Man and Lady Doctor]
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2010, 01:58:40 am »

Yeah, bro man dude.

This'll be interesting.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2010, 03:56:14 am »

Playing round 3 when I'm asleep? D:

How very nice of you :P

Elizabeth looks around, concentrating to get more details about the surroundings than people.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2010, 03:59:50 am »

Hey, in all fairness, you managed to get out of your tube.  ;)

This is a combat round, man. Your action is fine, but technically you're aware of the two who just burst into the room.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Project Twilight [Round 4: vs. Burly Man and Lady Doctor]
« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2010, 06:59:50 am »

*Waiting for Mysteriousbluepuppet and eclipsetail*. They'll probably be online soon; if they're not online within the next eight hours, someone suggest a reasonable course of action for their characters.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2010, 08:14:54 am »

When he sees the pistol leveled at him, Pierre dash to find the cover, and start looking for someting he can defend himself with.

Edited for bad use of copy-paste.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 08:22:34 am by Mysteriousbluepuppet »

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2010, 08:16:04 am »

Sorry bout that, getting some sleep while i could :P

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2010, 08:17:10 am »

No worries, man, now we're just waiting for eclipsetail.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2010, 08:37:08 am »

I look for something to pick up and throw at the female doctor

I had to sleep DX

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2010, 09:13:29 am »

In that case, let's rock.

COMBAT

Stephen... brings his hands around in front, slamming his palms together with incredible strength and unleashing a lightning bolt at the man pointing the pistol; causing a thunderclap to reverberate through the room.

Attack Roll: Natural 6 (bonuses and penalties do not need application) (HIT!)
Location Roll: 1 (Right Leg)
Damage Roll: 3 (Wounded!)
Special Damage Roll: Tails

The lightning bolt arcs out from between Stephen's hands, searing the air as it streaks towards the man pointing the pistol. It appears that he has applied too much force to the near-instinctive attack, and the bolt strikes the man in the Right Leg, disrupting his aim (-1) and blowing a large hole in his right pants leg. The man resists the numbing effects of the attack, though (tails on coin flip).

Burly Man:
Wasting no time, the man levels his pistol at Stephen and pulls the trigger.

Attack Roll: 2 - 1
Defensive Roll (forsaken1111): 4 - HORRIBLE MISS.

The man levels his pistol at Stephen, but is struck by the lightning bolt in the leg, disrupting his aim. His shot goes wild, missing Stephen by a wide margin and impacting in the far wall. His companion is shaken (-1 to next roll) by the attack.

Elizabeth looks around, concentrating to get more details about the surroundings than people.

Result: 5 - 1 (ongoing combat) = 4

Blithely ignoring the battle currently raging, Elizabeth looks around the room. The room is sparse and white, the ceiling twice the height of that long-haired man who just fired a lightning bolt at the burly one. The cylinders are all hooked up to a bank of monitors. You notice nothing else as of now, because gunfire.

I look for something to pick up and throw at the female doctor

Result: 2
(No combat roll)

Cecilia frantically scrabbles around, looking for something to throw. She doesn't manage to lay her hands on anything, but notices that the shards of that red-haired woman's [Haspen] cylinder look pretty sharp.

When he sees the pistol leveled at him, Pierre dash to find the cover, and start looking for someting he can defend himself with.

Dash to cover
Result: 3 + 1 (Waterborn) + 1 (Stallion) = 5
With ridiculous quickness, Pierre manages to hurl himself behind one of the cylinders.

Look for weapon
Result: Natural 1! (bonuses or penalties do not need application)
Pierre nearly manages to impale himself on a pipe that has broken partway from the wall! As it is, the pain is rather bad. (light wound - torso)

Quote from: Female Doctor
Aim weapon and fire a hasty shot at the closest threat, Stephen.

Attack Roll: 5 - 1 (shaken) -1 (Sexy Bastard) = 3
Defensive Roll (Stephen): Natural 1! (HIT!)
Location Roll: 5 (torso)
Damage Roll: 2 (Lightly Wounded)

The doctor swings her pistol up and attempts a hasty shot at Stephen, who does not react quick enough to dodge. The shot creases him in the side (light wound - torso).

Climb out the hatch and if there is still combat going on I will try to disarm the attackers.

Climb out of the hatch
Result: Natural 6!

Try to disarm
Attack Roll: 2 + 1 (Strategist) -1 (called shot) = 2
Defensive Roll (Burly Man's Pistol): Natural One (HIT!)
Result: 4 Disarm Attempt Successful

Jane bursts out of her cylinder (Natural 6) like a Great White Shark and hits the floor, immediately hurling herself at the closest combatant. She takes a swing at the man's weapon hand, catching him in the wrist. His pistol is flailed away and clatters helplessly on the ground.

EDIT: Status updated on the main page
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 09:16:47 am by Josephus »

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2010, 09:18:31 am »

Try to pick up the pistol and fire at the female doctor.

guns do count as a ranged weapon right?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Elizabeth grabs few shards of the sharp plastic-glass that here cylinder was built from and attempts to stab the female doctor if she is close, or throw shards at her, if she is away.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2010, 09:24:50 am »

Btw, I see a flaw in the combat mechanics, namely the hit area selection. What if the target has more than two legs? I think you should define it differently. 1,2 hit one of the legs. 3 hits one of the arms. 4 hits lower torso (or any torso area with less vital organs), 5 hits upper torso (or, similarly, any area with vital organs), 6 hits head.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile

Btw, I see a flaw in the combat mechanics, namely the hit area selection. What if the target has more than two legs? I think you should define it differently. 1,2 hit one of the legs. 3 hits one of the arms. 4 hits lower torso (or any torso area with less vital organs), 5 hits upper torso (or, similarly, any area with vital organs), 6 hits head.

Good point. I'll add that to the errata.

Try to pick up the pistol and fire at the female doctor.

guns do count as a ranged weapon right?

Yeap. It's a generic ranged weapon bonus.

Also, here's the new turn order. Previous initiative carries over unless you have been wounded, or done something drastic to alter your position, as Flintus10 has.

Initiative:
1. Forsaken1111: 6 (Won Coin toss against Flintus10)
2. Flintus10: 6 (New Roll)
3. Haspen: 4 (Won Coin Toss against eclipsetail)
4. Eclipsetail: 4
5. Burly Man: 5 - 2 (impaired movement) = 3(Won Coin Toss against MBP)
6. Mysteriousbluepuppet 1 +1 (Waterborn) +1 (Stallion) = 3
7. Female Doctor: 3
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 09:34:40 am by Josephus »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Good point. I'll add that to the errata.
And now that I think of it again, the roll results are supposed to indicate increase in bodypart importance during combat, right? Because if they are, a "legs, legs, lower torso, arms, upper torso, head" progression might be more effective - hitting an arm may, in more ways than one, disarm the opponent, while hitting the lower torso will only cause long-term damage, with less short-term gain.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Look if i can pull out the pipe i almost impaled myself in, then Charge Mr burly Man
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 61