Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 61

Author Topic: RTD: Project Twilight [Round 54: Fancy Meeting You Here.]  (Read 66469 times)

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Project Twilight [Offline: Round 3 - Two out, three to go]
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2010, 08:55:34 pm »

Cecilia gets frustrated, and is determined to try Pushing myself up again.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2010, 09:22:25 pm »

Well, it look like it's time to find something i could use as a loincloth, then try and help the people still stuck in their tanks. Be shamed by my gorgeous abs.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2010, 09:31:52 pm »

Well, it look like it's time to find something i could use as a loincloth, then try and help the people still stuck in their tanks. Be shamed by my gorgeous abs.

aren't you wearing the gown?

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2010, 09:43:27 pm »

Apparently I don't have one. Y'all Lucky

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2010, 10:42:45 pm »

Aright, Forsaken1111 has a planned action already, and I'll assume Haspen means to continue attempting to break the cylinder, having already made a significant crack.

Posting next turn in a bit.

(I promise I will never skip someone during combat)
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Project Twilight [Online: Round 3 - Two out, three to go]
« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2010, 11:21:12 pm »

punch and kick on the whatever the cylinder walls' material is.

Result: 2 + 1 (material is weakened) = Three

The liquid has drained enough to allow you more force in your swings. You hammer at the material, shoving a large section out with no warning!

Roll to Dodge!: 5

You are sucked out of the cylinder, and you narrowly avoid being cut on the jagged edges of the broken material. Your mask pops free of the pipe it was connected to. Your eyes may take a while to adjust to the harsh light.

Attempt to open to hatch carefully.

Result: 4

You successfully depress the button and the hatch pops open.

Cecilia gets frustrated, and is determined to try Pushing myself up again.

Result: 4

You push yourself up successfully! Keeping a stable grip on the edges of the cylinder, you manage to see four other similar ones, a woman [Haspen] sprawled outside a cylinder that has recently been broken, and two men. One of them is naked.

Roll to dodge!: (another) 4

You successfully avoid being shamed by his gorgeous abs. In fact, you're quite sure you've seen better. Not that much better, but still.

Find a loincloth
Result: 3 + 1 (Waterborn) = 4

You quickly locate something that can be used as a loincloth. Unfortunately, it is the gown the long-haired man [forsaken1111] is wearing. Looks like you'll have to go commando.

Try to help the people still in their tanks
Result: (natural) 6 + 1 (Waterborn) = 7 (nice roll, by the way.)

The bank of monitors across the wall look like they could have some use in that regard, but you ignore them. Brushing past the long-haired man, you help the woman who is peering curiously down at you [eclipsetail] out of her tank.

Stephen *snip* attempts to gather himself together. then If he succeeds at that, he will explore the room.

Gather self
Result: (natural) 6

You recompose yourself completely (+1 to next roll), and memory begins flooding back. The last thing you remember before waking up is a skinny man in a white labcoat applying the mask to your face.

Explore the room
Result: 4 + 1 (composed) = 5

Thanks to your newfound clarity, your exploration is very fruitful. You notice the door to the room, a huge, metal, two-part affair. To its left is a keypad. You manage to locate a panel in the wall that seems as though it could be removed. However...

ACTION

You all hear another muffled explosion, accompanied by the sounds of gunfire. The door that no one but Falk has noticed slides open, and a Burly Man in a blue Uniform bearing a Baton and a Semi-automatic Pistol bursts in, accompanied by a Female Doctor in a white Labcoat, similarly bearing a Semi-automatic Pistol. She quickly seals it shut.

"Doc, do you think we've ditched them?" says the Burly Man.

The Doctor nods. "We should be safe in here for now, unless-"

She turns around, and notices the the four of you who have succesfully made it out of the cylinders. She pales in fear. "They're out too! We have to run-"

The Burly Man raises his pistol. "Where, out there? We'll be killed. Let's just take these five down and hide in here."

COMBAT INITIATIVE ROLLS

EDIT: I accidentally messed this one up. The actual turn order is at the bottom of the most recent post of mine.

Forsaken1111: Initiative = 6
Haspen: Initiative 4 + 1 (Waterborn) = 5
Burly Man: Initiative 5
Female Doctor: Initiative 3
Eclipsetail: Initiative 4
Mysteriousbluepuppet: Initiative 2
Flintus10: Initiative 2 - 1 (not in a position to fight) = 1

Turn Order
Forsaken1111
Haspen (won coin toss)
Burly Man
Eclipsetail
Mysteriousbluepuppet
Flintus10

Combat actions, GO!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 01:21:48 am by Josephus »
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2010, 11:31:50 pm »

Your combat system is nice, if a bit too detailed for an RTD, in my opinion. This is Roll To Dodge, after all, not Roll To Hit A Random Bodypart. I usually just let myself determine what exactly was hit, based on the roll. But this is your game, so whatever works. We'll see how it plays out.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2010, 11:32:50 pm »

Stephen, at first excited at seeing some people who apparently know what is going on, is dismayed when the pistol is leveled at him.

He brings his hands around in front, slamming his palms together with incredible strength and unleashing a lightning bolt at the man pointing the pistol; causing a thunderclap to reverberate through the room.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2010, 11:38:38 pm »

Climb out the hatch and if there is still combat going on I will try to disarm the attackers.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2010, 11:56:02 pm »

I would like in on the wait list if i can

Name: Elise Whitemane
Project: Retribution

Bio: Elise is a tall woman, with long Aubern hair, she is very loyal and is highly protective of those she considers hers, before the projects she worked as a chemistry proffesor, but has since found these more to her liking.
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Project Twilight [Online: Round 4: vs. Burly Man and Lady Doctor]
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2010, 12:52:36 am »

Okay, I'll add you to the wait-list...

Your combat system is nice, if a bit too detailed for an RTD, in my opinion. This is Roll To Dodge, after all, not Roll To Hit A Random Bodypart. I usually just let myself determine what exactly was hit, based on the roll. But this is your game, so whatever works. We'll see how it plays out.

I suppose so. I just feel rather uncomfortable when determining the effects of damage is entirely up to me, because then I might protect some out of bias or annihilate others. I've always worked better within a solid rules framework, and am a bit allergic to winging it. I wouldn't be able to take the pressure of determining every aspect of a character's fate when the RNG can determine it for me :).

I guess that makes this sort of an RTD/Play-By-Post RPG/Text Adventure hybrid.

-------------

Waiting for Haspen, Mysteriousbluepuppet, and Eclipsetail.

The way combat works is that all actions play out simultaneously, but can be interrupted or receive a bonus/penalty by the action of the character who has a higher initiative than you. For example, the turn order is forsaken1111, Haspen, then Burly Man. If forsaken1111's lightning attack successfully successfully hits, then the Burly Man's action

Burly Man:
Wasting no time, the man levels his pistol at Stephen and pulls the trigger.

could be negatively impacted depending on the results of forsaken1111's attack.

------------

Meanwhile, here is Burly Man's and Female Doctor's action.

Burly Man:
Wasting no time, the man levels his pistol at Stephen and pulls the trigger.

Female Doctor:
Aim weapon and fire a hasty shot at the closest threat, Stephen.

----

EDIT: I think we're gonna have to ditch the paper doll system for now. It's going to be a hassle to update.

EDIT2: I accidentally dicked up the initiative rolls. Let me fix that (by taking away the +1 I accidentally gave to Haspen, and giving it to Mysteriousbluepuppet, to whom it belongs. New turn order below:

Forsaken1111
Burly Man
Haspen
Eclipsetail
Mysteriousbluepuppet
Female Doctor
Flintus10
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 01:20:59 am by Josephus »

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2010, 01:42:24 am »

Dude, I'm here yo.

Name: Cassandra MacDonald
Description: A dark-haired young woman who enjoys the outdoors and camping. She's rather small, but makes up for it with a fiery temper and a ton of enthusiasm.
Project MOONLIGHT
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2010, 01:45:17 am »

Bro, Moonlight is taken (forgot to cross it out, sorry).

The available ones are

SHEOL, WAR, JUSTICE, DISCORD, and HARVEST.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2010, 01:53:36 am »

D:

I WANTED RANGED ATTACKS, MAAN

New Entry: Cassandra MacDonald
Background: A petite young woman who is constantly cool, calm and collected. She is rather pale, but is contrasted by her fiery red hair.
Project JUSTICE
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2010, 01:55:33 am »

Nice choice. Just remember that one of the "abilities" of JUSTICE is that you're blind.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 61