Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 61

Author Topic: RTD: Project Twilight [Round 54: Fancy Meeting You Here.]  (Read 66488 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Project Twilight [Online: Round 0 - Wake Up]
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2010, 09:34:52 am »

Hang on, man. We're still waiting for Flintus... who apparently just logged off. Remember, since it's an RTD, I need to get all actions in before I can conclude the round.

Also, yeah, you have a gown (whilst floating around in a tube full of liquid).
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2010, 09:35:10 am »

Try and examine the mask, is it relied to the tank ? Is there some indication of how much time there is left ?

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2010, 09:36:20 am »

It's an RTD, man. You get one action per round. Which are you doing?

EDIT: If Flintus doesn't log back on, I'll conclude the round, skipping his turn for now.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2010, 09:38:10 am »

Hmm sorry about that then. kinda new to it.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2010, 09:38:24 am »

(Generally you only roll for things with a chance of failure, which is why I did a bit of roleplay. Unless I can fail at making sure all of my limbs exist?)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2010, 09:39:12 am »

(Generally you only roll for things with a chance of failure, which is why I did a bit of roleplay. Unless I can fail at making sure all of my limbs exist?)

No, but you're attempting to see out of the tank, as well, and the roll determines how much you see. ;)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Project Twilight [Online: Pre-Game Prep]
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2010, 09:48:42 am »

I would like to join as well, if it's all right?

Project FORGE
Name: Jimmy Jazz Jaume Fabre
Male
Description: A somewhat pale, dark-haired man in his early thirties. Of average height, but somewhat skinny; overall, he hardly has an appearance that stands out in a crowd, and a somewhat reserved personality to go with it.
Love, scriver~

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2010, 09:56:09 am »

Stephen looks around, a bit bewildered, and reaches out to the inside of the cylinder hoping that it is a dream. Feeling it solid beneath his hand, and becoming somewhat more lucid as he wakes, he slows his movements to avoid knocking the mask off as he looks around.

Result: 6

Your mask remains on, but as you try to peer out of your cylinder, the murky liquid clears for a second and you are nearly blinded by an incandescent light. However, you managed to catch a glimpse of several other cylinders, some machinery, and a closed metal door.

Cecilia feels sleepy, but attempts to bang on the glass with her hands, even though she knows nothing will happen.

Result: 3

You accomplish nothing by banging on the glass. And it appears that it's not glass at all, but some kind of plastic.

Swim around, trying to find a way to reach open air

Result: 5 + 1 (Waterborn) = 6

You try to swim around, but quickly realize that the cylinder is too confining for that. Undaunted, you begin to push against the sides. As you strain against the smooth surface, your head smashes against the top of the cylinder, which pops open with a hydraulic hiss.

Elizabeth looks around the cylinder and then she flails her arms around, even weakly hitting the sides of it. She instinctively looks up, hoping that there's some kind of exit on the top of it, or something that would help her escape from this strange fluid.

Result: 3

As you rather uselessly flail around, you notice that there appears to be a seam in the top of the cylinder.

Quote from: Flintus10

Still dazed, you do nothing.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2010, 09:58:37 am »

Elizabeth looks closer at it and then attempts to fiddle with it.

Edit: Tsk, fine, but it's first time I have to bold RP-related stuff x3
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 10:05:29 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2010, 10:01:17 am »

Guys, can you make the action part of your post in bold, with the RP part uninflated? It's easier to determine if I should or shouldn't roll that way.

EDIT:
I would like to join as well, if it's all right?

Project FORGE
Name: Jimmy Jazz Jaume Fabre
Male
Description: A somewhat pale, dark-haired man in his early thirties. Of average height, but somewhat skinny; overall, he hardly has an appearance that stands out in a crowd, and a somewhat reserved personality to go with it.

Got it.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 10:06:28 am by Josephus »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: RTD: Project Twilight [Online: Round 1 - The Cylinders]
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2010, 10:06:31 am »

Stephen propels himself upwards, kicking gently while feeling and looking for some way out of the cylinder.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2010, 10:06:40 am »

Sure thing

With great effort, i try to lift myself out of the tank, onto the ground below, removing my mask if i can feel the cold air around me.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2010, 10:19:26 am »

Damnation, eclipsetail just logged out as well. I'll skip both eclipsetail's and Flintus' actions for now, but after this round, I will no longer be doing any skippage unless I am specifically asked.

Elizabeth looks closer at it and then attempts to fiddle with it.

Result: 5

You look closer at the seam. You realize that it is apparently some kind of hatch with a single button. You attempt to fiddle with it.

Result: 1
(ladies and gentlemen, our first 1 of the game)

You fiddle with the button. In the process of trying to figure out how it works, you accidentally manage to permanently depress it. Oops.

Stephen propels himself upwards, kicking gently while feeling and looking for some way out of the cylinder.

Result: 4

The cylinder appears to be a few feet taller than you, giving you room to propel yourself upwards a little. Your probing hands discover a button set into the top of the cylinder.

With great effort, i try to lift myself out of the tank, onto the ground below, removing my mask if i can feel the cold air around me.

Result: 2 + 1 (Waterborn) = 3

You just barely make it out of the tank, but you fall to the ground below!

Roll to Dodge: 2 + 1 (Waterborn) = 3

You manage to throw your hands up in time, preventing a nasty lump on your head. Your mask comes off in the process, and you gulp down what tastes like recycled air. Also, you suddenly realize that you are naked.

(that Waterborn bonus saved you this time)

Quote from: Eclipsetail, Flintus10

You continue to do nothing. The shock is just beginning to set in.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 10:24:52 am by Josephus »

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2010, 10:21:07 am »

I like every second of it. Now i need ot find a gourd. Or a tub ;)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Project Twilight [Online: Round 2 - Like a Pierre out of Water]
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2010, 10:22:56 am »

Heh.

Going offline now, hoping to get everyone's actions in the meantime.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 10:25:03 am by Josephus »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 61