Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29

Author Topic: DF2010 WorldGen "Cookbook" Thread  (Read 103801 times)

Sarudak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF2010 WorldGen "Cookbook" Thread
« Reply #300 on: January 18, 2011, 05:43:15 pm »

Easy. Adamantium spires reach at least up to the magma sea and no further than the lowest cavern so if you have three caverns then you want to set the levels below layer 5 to something large 100 being the max (this will give you 100 level spires embedded in complete layers of semi molten rock). Then for a possible bonus set levels below layer 4 to something large and the spires may or may not extend up into those layers. Using this technique i've had 4x4 embarks with 10k+ adamantine. Which is more than you could ever use.

AWellTrainedFerret

• Bay Watcher
  • An Axe Knight draws near!
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 18, 2011, 08:10:48 pm »

Why does everyone generate such thin worlds? And if you're gonna generate such thin worlds why do you need a volcano? The magma sea is only like 30-40 levels down, 20 if you only do one cavern. Also I've figured out how to generate massive pillars of adamantine.

For one thing, I don't like thin worlds. I usually have a three cave layers, with 10 rock layers between all of them. That places the magma sea at least 100 z-levels below the surface. As for the volcano; maybe I don't want my fort to be 100 z-levels below ground.
The Axe Knight attacks before you are ready!
The Axe Knight chants the spell of SLEEP!
Thou art asleep.
Pepare'th thine anus.
Axe Knight hath no lube.

x0reset

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 18, 2011, 08:38:08 pm »

I am dying to play on this embark...PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE upload something... a save... parms...anything

I would upload it...but exactly what does the DF map archive mean by "export map layers as bmp files".

edit: Scratch that. I put it on Dwarf Fortress File Depot in the pregenerated worlds section under "Volcanoes and Waterfalls"

Got it! Thanks so much!

Karim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 01, 2011, 05:27:14 pm »

Just genned a world with a volcano surrounded by flat land(untamed wilds temp broadleaf/conifer) and,get this,a river with a waterfall that drops a few Z levels into a large basin.Contains flux and obsidian,all civs.Can't get any better than this.Post if you want it.

Incanus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 01, 2011, 05:52:13 pm »

Ohh aye, i would very much like this embark, sir!

I've been searching and experimenting two weeks for something like this.

Now, tell me the river freeze in winter :D.

daishi5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 02, 2011, 10:43:43 am »

Just genned a world with a volcano surrounded by flat land(untamed wilds temp broadleaf/conifer) and,get this,a river with a waterfall that drops a few Z levels into a large basin.Contains flux and obsidian,all civs.Can't get any better than this.Post if you want it.

That sounds like a great embark, I want it. 

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 02, 2011, 02:41:53 pm »

GIIIIVVVE UUUSSSSSSSSS NNNNOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Bererez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 02, 2011, 03:01:02 pm »

What are you waiting for give us the embark... we need your embark!
 :-*
"ur ist... nein, ich will sagen 'es,' ur es"
Something you might type in a German language class if you were stupid and playing some kind of text tag, I guess.

urist

akinzle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 03, 2011, 12:48:59 pm »

Holy batman, I'm very interested.

Ascarona

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 03, 2011, 01:26:33 pm »

That had better not be a lie, post it!
Be sure to relocate your main dining room in hell as well, and make the obvious joke about it.
It's just immoral to let elves leave the map without being robbed at least a little.

TDSS02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 03, 2011, 05:13:26 pm »

Yes please  8)
Quote from: piecewise on March 14, 2010, 06:22:02 am
  Dwarf Fortress: Beat children with children.

Karim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 04, 2011, 09:11:23 pm »

Deepest apologies for keeping you all waiting,it's definitely worth it though.

- Obsidian EVERYWHERE
- Flux(marble)
- Waterfall(drops a dozen z levels)
- Volcano surrounded by enough flat land
- trade with all civilizations
- Half untamed broadleaf,half untamed conifer(all warm)
- All of this within 4X3

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Location of site EDIT cursor doesn't show up in the image,but the location is in the palm tree tile that is diagonal bottom right to the volcano tile near the water(you are relatively near the site when you open up the map),also,I genned this in 31.16 if it makes any difference(31.18 is very unstable for me and causes massive lag after a couple of years)

« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 09:23:34 pm by Karim »

TDSS02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 06, 2011, 05:09:56 am »

Damn, 31.16...didnt gen on mine im using .18 was just what i was looking for too  :'(
Quote from: piecewise on March 14, 2010, 06:22:02 am
  Dwarf Fortress: Beat children with children.

Ascarona

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 06, 2011, 09:19:27 am »

Deepest apologies for keeping you all waiting,it's definitely worth it though.

- Obsidian EVERYWHERE
- Flux(marble)
- Waterfall(drops a dozen z levels)
- Volcano surrounded by enough flat land
- trade with all civilizations
- Half untamed broadleaf,half untamed conifer(all warm)
- All of this within 4X3

Location of site EDIT cursor doesn't show up in the image,but the location is in the palm tree tile that is diagonal bottom right to the volcano tile near the water(you are relatively near the site when you open up the map),also,I genned this in 31.16 if it makes any difference(31.18 is very unstable for me and causes massive lag after a couple of years)

This is, without a doubt, the most epic spawn ever. Thank you so much, totally worth switching to 31.16 :P.
Be sure to relocate your main dining room in hell as well, and make the obvious joke about it.
It's just immoral to let elves leave the map without being robbed at least a little.

akinzle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 06, 2011, 11:47:34 am »

Damn, 31.16...didnt gen on mine im using .18 was just what i was looking for too  :'(
Gen it in .16 then copy the region folder to .18. That seemed to work for me, but I haven't played very far past embarkation yet.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29