Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29

Author Topic: DF2010 WorldGen "Cookbook" Thread  (Read 103888 times)

Bazalgette

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: DF2010 WorldGen "Cookbook" Thread
« Reply #120 on: September 08, 2010, 05:40:06 am »

DM is bugged, so I'm not sure I'm willing to wait for him until he starts showing up more often. Pity, though, since he was my favourite noble by far.

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 08, 2010, 06:46:27 am »

DM is bugged, so I'm not sure I'm willing to wait for him until he starts showing up more often. Pity, though, since he was my favourite noble by far.

Well you could probably mod him too, but I don't frequent the modding section, so I don't know what you'd need to change.

kendo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 08, 2010, 07:23:56 am »

Embark #5
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I guess you need a 4x4 for the adamantite? I dont like to embark on any bigger than 3x3 and my embark doesnt have any :( Shame because its a really cool embark aside from that.

Khift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 08, 2010, 09:27:51 am »

Embark #5

I guess you need a 4x4 for the adamantite? I dont like to embark on any bigger than 3x3 and my embark doesnt have any :( Shame because its a really cool embark aside from that.
I don't think you need the 4x4 for the spoiler. I think it's in one of the central squares on the embark. You could probably drop the top and right rows on the embark and get all the important features, including the spoiler, but I'm not positive. Check with a throwaway embark, I'd suggest.

As for why I chose the 4x4 was because it was for a Succession Game and although I prefer 3x3 most of the other guys play on 4x4. So I went with 4x4 in that particular case.

Well you could probably mod him too, but I don't frequent the modding section, so I don't know what you'd need to change.
From what I'm told even if you mod him in he actually does not do his job and doesn't allow the exotic animals to be tamed. Really the only solution at the moment is to replace all of the [pet_exotic] tags with regular [pet] tags.

kendo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 08, 2010, 09:55:43 am »

I don't think you need the 4x4 for the spoiler. I think it's in one of the central squares on the embark. You could probably drop the top and right rows on the embark and get all the important features, including the spoiler, but I'm not positive. Check with a throwaway embark, I'd suggest.

As for why I chose the 4x4 was because it was for a Succession Game and although I prefer 3x3 most of the other guys play on 4x4. So I went with 4x4 in that particular case.

Yeah I have the spoiler in the embark - but I meant actual adamantine veins - couldnt find any in my 3x3 square using reveal

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 08, 2010, 10:32:56 am »

Kendo, verify with prospector, it won't tell you where it is, but at least you'll know if it is, & how much.

kendo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 08, 2010, 01:28:12 pm »

Ah I hadnt noticed that prospecting tool before.

Yeah that site has no adamantine, but just down the river a few squares theres a site with 2 veins of that special metal, but no spoiler unfortunately. I'm not fussed particularly
so its pretty perfect for me.

Interesting world thanks ;)

Khift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 08, 2010, 06:04:09 pm »

Yeah I have the spoiler in the embark - but I meant actual adamantine veins - couldnt find any in my 3x3 square using reveal
Oh, the veins? I have no idea. Given that it was a site I was planning on playing with I refused to use reveal.

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 12, 2010, 04:42:15 pm »

Posting to follow.
I need to get some rivercanyon in hills map.
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

Impudence12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 12, 2010, 05:59:21 pm »

Is it possible to get flat volcanoes? I don't really want a volcano, I just want magma without the pump stack...
♪ This used to be a Funhouse ♫
♫ But now it's full of evil clowns ♪
♪ It's time to start the countdown ♫
♫ I'm gonna burn it down, down, down ♪

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 12, 2010, 06:14:35 pm »

You can play around with perfectworldDF until you get Volcanoes right next to sandy desert tiles with flux.

Oh boy. I embarked on one of those just now! And the only trouble is that I forgot to bring weapons...GIANT SKELETAL EAGLE! ARGH!
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 12, 2010, 10:40:29 pm »

Is it possible to get flat volcanoes? I don't really want a volcano, I just want magma without the pump stack...

IIRC there's at least one mentioned on the 1st page of the thread, also the embark Ledi recommends on the 1st or 2nd page has a volcano that only extends 5 levels above the arrival level (again, IIRC).

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 14, 2010, 09:42:43 pm »

You can play around with perfectworldDF until you get Volcanoes right next to sandy desert tiles with flux.

Oh boy. I embarked on one of those just now! And the only trouble is that I forgot to bring weapons...GIANT SKELETAL EAGLE! ARGH!

And then you're not going to share?  :P

FleshForge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 14, 2010, 09:49:17 pm »

Here's a flat volcano, on a glacier:
http://cid-b233dcaeefa9709c.office.live.com/self.aspx/Public/DwarfFortress/Clubseals/Goodstart-2.jpg

Be aware it's a very large save, zipped in two parts - unzip to the same directory.

Trigonous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 15, 2010, 09:16:32 pm »

Currently I'm looking for a world with seaside Cliffs of Awesome.  Specifically what I need are some seaside cliffs of 5z or higher (the higher the better :D ) AND a river/stream (doesn't matter) emptying into the ocean.  A massive waterfall on the ocean is what I'd really prefer, but a canyon in addition to cliffs is almost equally cool.  The longer these high cliffs stretch along the coast, the better.  Cool mineral/ore deposits and a volcano are not a requirement (I've learned the error of being too specific) but would be totally freakin' sweet.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 09:23:48 pm by Trigonous »
So of all the things you can do in DF, it's the fractal artifacts that make you think dwarves are crazy.

Never mind the magma falls, the atom smashers, the cog-and-axle turing-complete computers, or the colonizing of Hell itself... all those are fine, but man, those recursive artifacts! Where do they get such ideas?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29