Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 89

Author Topic: [Exalted 2e] Magical Hobos of Violence and JUSTICE. Day 2: A Hunting We Will Go.  (Read 51330 times)

Cogsmith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Exalted 2e] Magical Hobos of Violence and JUSTICE.
« Reply #90 on: August 19, 2010, 03:05:40 pm »

"Oh, so I'm to have my morals judged by the group who just contracted at least one person to sic the Walker in Darkness on one of the most populous cities of Creation am I? Very well, then I'm going to use the information to track the bastard down, isolate him, hunt him down till he's all alone, and then throw a delightful tea party for him."

DrakeRaids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 19, 2010, 03:08:14 pm »

"Tea? Why would you want tea? Tea tastes awful. And you can't have a party with it." Lera said, turning and making a face, "You need something strong like mead. That'd be a party."
Thought of the Week: "Even in Winter, the cold isn’t always bitter, and not every day is cruel..."
=I= ONLY A FOOL CLAIMS TO KNOW EVERYTHING BUT FEAR NOTHING =I=

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 19, 2010, 03:34:52 pm »

Dragnar, getting over his surprise at the lunar's abrupt shapeshifting, steps forward from his place in the shadows and addresses the gods. "If I may, is there no other way to divert the Walker's attention from you? Perhaps some way of sending him on a wild goose chase of some sort? While I understand your need, I do not like the idea of, quite frankly, pushing your problems onto someone else."
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 19, 2010, 03:45:06 pm »

"Lookshy is not some innocent little nation we chose out of convenience." protests Dayshield, "They have one of that largest military forces in the Scavenger Lands, and they either pressure everyone into one-sided alliances, or they just attempt to take them over. This is not just dealing with one problem, it's taking care of two of them, possibly more, in one stroke. Now, as to your question, Lunar. No, you don't need to leave right now, but you do need to have completed it before Calibration, so there is not much time."

"As to you, says the middle god, addressing Wisdom, "I do not see how you expect us to get what you ask."
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 19, 2010, 04:46:57 pm »

"Might I inquire why it must occur before Calibration?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 19, 2010, 04:53:37 pm »

"For safety's sake. Come calibration, Walker and his servants will be able more easily travel through Creation."
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

Cogsmith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 19, 2010, 06:06:07 pm »

Wisdom chuckled darkly at the comments "Military might and overbearing behavior aside what you ask is no less than the fomenting of a war. A grand slaughterhouse of epic porportions. And it is seldom the politicians nor generals who are first to bleed out. Citizens and peasents who are likely barely aware you exist, let alone that you may have some grudge. What you suggest is in fact murder on a grand scale." he shrugged nonchalantly "Not that I have room to talk in that field, but at least have the dignity to admit what it is you do."

"As for your concerns"
he said turning to the middle god "What I ask for are no more than shipping manifests and staff lists! I realize that the Heptagram is an Imperially supported institution, but the information is hardly top secret, indeed for the shipping manifests to have any meaning they must be publically available for the asking. Perhaps with some frippery of paperwork required, but you will be a sad lot of gods indeed and a sadder nation still if you play the spy game so poorly that you are unable to acquire publicly available information, and most pathetic of all if you expect me to believe you are incapable of such despite having just confessed you know the movement capacities both present and future of the Walker."

DrakeRaids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 19, 2010, 06:10:11 pm »

Lera's ears twitched at the sound of her mates voice, and in a moment she had spun around, that wide, ear to ear cheshire grin on her face. "Drwagnar!" She practically ontop of him in a moment, grabbing in another spin crushing hug. "You followed me! Good solar! We're going to go to nexus did you here? I've heard great things about there. I'm sorry if I hurt you! I didn't mean to." She wasn't so busy fawning over Dragnar that she didn't hear all of what Wisdom said. She didn't want to start a war, wars where nasty, nasty business. It was fighting, without all the fine, and alot more death, and pain. No, she didn't want to start something like that, and she wouldn't. She let go of her mate, keeping him in the corner of her eye as she turned toward the gods.

"I'll pay some other way I think. I don't like wars. I don't want to be the cause of all that would come from that. No, you can look me up, rough me up, but I don't think that your rumor is something I'm going to spread. Sorry."
Thought of the Week: "Even in Winter, the cold isn’t always bitter, and not every day is cruel..."

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 19, 2010, 06:59:56 pm »

Dragnar almost reconsidered sticking around... but as childish and psychotic as this lunar seemed, she was still the most interesting thing that had happened to him yet in this city. Silently cursing his own curiosity he began heading back to the rooftop he had left his cat on, mainly because he needed an excuse to get out of here with his ribs in one piece. "If no one has any need of me, I need to go retrieve my cat."
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 19, 2010, 07:12:39 pm »

The middle god pauses for a moment, then replies to Wisdom's tirade. "...Very well. We will send out someone to retrieve them for you. It will take some time, you understand. The Isle of Voices is many thousands of miles away."

Talespinner bows to Lera at her refusal. "It is up to you, of course. We will think of another way you can repay us."

DrakeRaids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 19, 2010, 08:17:53 pm »

Lera sighed when Dragnar left, but at least she knew he would be back now. Made her feel alittle better. "I'm sure you'll think of something," she said shifting over to a crosslegged position. "There has to be something that needs doing."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 19, 2010, 09:00:10 pm »

Rovell watched the confused man exit the temple, heading towards a nearby building.  He shrugged.  Even a person as bewildered as the man had seemed to be would have at least some insight into the local legal system if he had stayed to watch the trial.

Rovell ran to catch up with the man.  "Hey, you're the guy who was being chased by the mad woman earlier, right?  Mind talking with me about the trial for a moment?"

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 19, 2010, 09:19:54 pm »

Dragnar glanced over at Rovell, recognizing him as one of the ones present when the guards showed up earlier. "Hmm? Ah, right. Yeah, that would be me... It really wasn't much of a trial. The lunar woman explained herself, seems she's not quite mad by the way... just very overenthusiastic. Anyway, she explained herself and the gods are now deciding what sort of service she will have to preform to cover the fine she can't afford to pay. I get the feeling this isn't how things are usually done though..."

senrath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 19, 2010, 09:36:48 pm »

Stepping off of the boat, Elzal stretched his legs and looked around with a smile.  It looked like he had gotten home in time for the festival, something he'd been worried about missing.  And he had such a story for Talespinner to hear.  With that in mind, he began to head off in search of the god, pausing only to say something to his companion.  "Hey Colin, you coming with me, or heading off on your own?"

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 19, 2010, 09:43:59 pm »

"Unfortunate for me, I suppose," Rovell said, frowning slightly.  He shrugged.  It wasn't terribly important, anyway, just something interesting to distract him from more pressing problems.  Now that he thought of it, he might be speaking to someone who could prove to be a cause or solution to several of those problems.

"There's something more important I should ask you," he said, tone becoming much more serious.  "I heard you claiming to be a Solar.  Is this true?"
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 89