Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 89

Author Topic: [Exalted 2e] Magical Hobos of Violence and JUSTICE. Day 2: A Hunting We Will Go.  (Read 51324 times)

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Exalted 2e] Magical Hobos of Violence and JUSTICE.
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2010, 02:49:30 pm »

Rovell frowned and turned away.  He could see that he would get nowhere with the guard, and there was no point in wasting energy on futility.  He walked away, outside the temple, determined to wait.

DrakeRaids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2010, 03:59:00 pm »

Lera looked at Talespinner appealingly, he seemed to be the one to talk to of the three. "Can we take this chains off? Please? They're kind of uncomfortable. I won't hurt anyone, promise."
Thought of the Week: "Even in Winter, the cold isn’t always bitter, and not every day is cruel..."
=I= ONLY A FOOL CLAIMS TO KNOW EVERYTHING BUT FEAR NOTHING =I=

Cogsmith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2010, 04:08:21 pm »

Wisdom focused on the gods as the mortals filtered out, and as the doors shut for last time, began pointedly tapping his toe. How long was this going to take? There was a limit to his paitence.

He chuckled at the lunars request, and felt a dark stain spread across the bandages again as he did so.

"Well? Are we going to get on with this or not?" he snapped

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2010, 04:24:21 pm »

Talespinner looked at Wisdom for a moment, then spoke "There's a time and a place for formality, my friend. Such as here and now. Looking at her, I doubt this Lunar has the money to pay the merchants and the city back for lost goods and trade, let alone your precious book."

This is where the middle Goddess spoke up. Like her appearance, her voice reminds those who hear it of the women they've met in their lives. "However, it may be that an alternate agreement can be made. Some service she can perform for the city, to count her debts as paid. As part of that, we'll cover the costs of your book. Now, if only we had a Crowned Sun to make the deal inviolable..."
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 04:36:09 pm by Akigagak »
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

DrakeRaids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2010, 04:47:30 pm »

"Services?" That didn't sound so bad, as long as it was big stuff, things that would get her attention back at the pack. "Like what?"
Thought of the Week: "Even in Winter, the cold isn’t always bitter, and not every day is cruel..."

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2010, 05:10:37 pm »

"As Dayshield is quick to say," she starts, looking at each of the others in turn, "And Talespinner is quick to insist is not a big problem, our military was largely destroyed not long ago. We face many threats, all are trying to press us into alliances we do not want, or to deliver tribute we will not deliver. I've managed to keep them at bay myself, with words and whispers, but I fear I will not be able to much longer. At the moment, the biggest threat comes from the Shadowland to the south, the domain of the being that calls itself the Walker in Darkness."

"We need a distraction, for his attentions to turn elsewhere. If we can do it, we'd like for his attentions to turn to another of our threats.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

DrakeRaids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2010, 06:02:49 pm »

"I can just kill him." Lera suggested with a grin, "Wouldn't that solve everything?"

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2010, 06:21:35 pm »

"...No, no you can't. I doubt you could even get close enough to touch him. His domain is cursed, and any who linger there die a horrible death. The Exalted are somewhat immune to it, in that they die slightly slower."

"And we do not ask that you try. We ask that you travel to Nexus, and spread rumours of Lookshy forces being spotted in the area around a city called 'Denandsor'. That city seems to hold great interest to Walker, and we hope rumours of Lookshy interference will make turn his effort against them."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2010, 06:37:58 pm »

Molten Gold took a step forward and began speaking softly.

"Excuse me, but might I inquire what they have done to warrant shifting such an entity's attention to them?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2010, 07:19:58 pm »

"They pressure us constantly, knowing we're weak, trying to provoke us. They've got too many irons in too many fires to risk attacking us for no reason, so they try to get us to snap. Strange you should stick up for them, Exalt, they are hardly fond of your kind."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2010, 07:29:18 pm »

Molten Gold nodded serenely.

"Fairness knows no allegiance. But might I ask why you requested all those Exalted to remain? At present, only the Lunar has motivation to aid you."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2010, 08:13:06 pm »

"I can best answer that, I think. We require all Exalted in the city to meet with us before we allow them to stay for too long, to ensure the safety of our citizens."

DrakeRaids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2010, 08:25:37 pm »

"That seems like a pretty big job for a bottle. Come'on can I get a little reward for it too? All kinds stuff must come through here! Can't you give me a little reward too?" Lera asked, giving the gods a pleading look.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2010, 08:39:30 pm »

The Talespinner chuckles. "You forget, we're also paying for that man's book. Do not worry, you'll be more adequately rewarded when you return successful."

TackyHillbilly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2010, 08:50:21 pm »

The Terrestrial stepped forward, pushing back the brim of his straw hat. He was aware that he was the odd one out. If these were all Anathema... he was the difficult one to deal with. He looked at the three gods.

"You are asking me to betray my bretheren Terrestrials, to help your city, which my bretheren would call heretics?"

Akar's face showed profound skepticism. Lookshy may stand opposed to the Realm, out of the proper alignment where a Dragonblooded should be, but they followed the Immaculate Way, even if they weren't followers of the order. Satisfying his desire for answers was one thing. Willingly betraying his own kind was another.

"No offense intended, of course."

He inclined his head respectfully, smiling. He would not bow, but he could show the respect proper.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 89