Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 89

Author Topic: [Exalted 2e] Magical Hobos of Violence and JUSTICE. Day 2: A Hunting We Will Go.  (Read 51321 times)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
Re: [Exalted 2e] Magical Hobos of Violence and JUSTICE.
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2010, 12:32:00 am »

Justice.

The crowd goes deathly silent. Those near Akar and Dragnar pull at them, trying to get them to bow down, but a sudden heavy feeling in the air causes them to stop trying and fall quiet. The head guard bows now, as the air around the thrones grows hazy and indistinct.

In a moment, three figures appear from the air, sitting regally and looking down on their subjects. In the center, a woman who seems to have the features of every woman the viewer has met; The eyes of a former lover, the smile of their mother, the hair of a sister, and it's constantly, subtly changing. At no point, however, does she appear anything less than stunningly beautiful. She looks down at Lera, head cocked and eyes curious. To the right, a woman in armour, strikingly beautiful, with long tresses of raven hair falling around handsome features, and granite-colored eyes gaze upon the assembled crowd like a mother, or a drill sergeant. To the left, a man glowing with golden light, a man with the heavily tanned skin and graying hair of someone in his middle-years, sits and watches, his eyes scanning the crowd but always flicking back to Lera. A small, private smile plays across his face, as though he was remembering some long ago joke.

All three are clearly powerful beings, and all turn their gaze to the Lunar held at their feet.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2010, 01:00:52 am »

Rovell stood up, disgusted.  His contact didn't show up.  Well, former contact.  Someone who couldn't keep an important appointment like this probably couldn't be trusted anyway.

He looked around the market square.  By now, most of the looters had finished with the shops, and were headed towards the center of the city, likely to watch whatever passed for a trial around here.  Rovell decided that he should do the same.  After all, he had wanted to speak with the mad Lunar woman, even though she would probably try to do something ridiculous.  Besides, he had never had the time to study the legal system of Great Forks, though he suspected it would be fascinating.

DrakeRaids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2010, 01:50:46 am »

Lera found herself examining each of the gods in turn, looking at them as curiously as they looked her, drawing her own impression from the myriad of faces. It was the woman in the center that bothered her the most, they way her features bled into memories, a girl she had been friends with as a child, her own mother, kind but hard. Even mother Luna seemed to be behind those eyes. It was confusing, and while Lera didn't dislike the woman parse, it was distracting. The other woman got barely a glance, only one word came to her mind when Lera saw her. Hard. She was a hard woman, reliable, like a solid house, or a good sword, but just as inflexible and boring. The man was where her attention really stayed. There was something about his slight smile that warmed her, a friendly face in a crowd that she could latch onto happily. Her manacles clanking all the while she raised her hands slightly to give him a quick wave, and a broad, honest smile, before addressing all three, as cheerfully as she would any person on the streets.

"Hi!"
Thought of the Week: "Even in Winter, the cold isn’t always bitter, and not every day is cruel..."
=I= ONLY A FOOL CLAIMS TO KNOW EVERYTHING BUT FEAR NOTHING =I=

Cogsmith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2010, 09:14:36 am »

Wisdom stood huffily to one side. He had no respect and little patience for these proceedings. Let them make whatever judgements they would, and he would take the lunar to meet his own recompense afterwards. He cast a single partially obscured and bloodshot eye over the teeming crowd, and swept his gaze across them, the guards, the officials, and then finally over the gods themselves. The corner of his mouth lifted a in a silent snarl, and he turned a bit more, presenting his back to the lunar and a shoulder to gods.
There he stood, an image of arrogance and impatience.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2010, 10:12:17 am »

Justice.

The leftmost God is the first to speak. His voice is warm and comfortable, a voice you could listen to for hours and not get impatient. A voice that tells stories to any and all who will listen. The other two turn to give him their full attention.

"So, Daughter of Luna. Tell us why we hear tales of a rampage during a time for feasts and festivals. I do so wish to hear the tale, if only to pass it along."
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

DrakeRaids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2010, 12:26:34 pm »

“Well, none of this is really what it seems ya see. I wasn’t assaulting him! He was just a friend I  hadn’t seen in a long time. A long long time. And he didn’t remember that we where close, and I got a little over excited… I wouldn’t hurt him though! Never.” She said clearly, matching each of their gazes, seeking to leave no room for doubt in that statement, “So I might have stolen a bottle of… something. It was good though. I messed up that roof too, but I just was happy that I had found my pet… I mean… let me explain .”

“See, I was sitting on the roof near the gate, thinking about the world and whatnot and drinking out of that bottle I am so sorry about stealing. I was a little bored, and I saw this man running over rooftops, at which point I thought to myself, ‘Why Lera, you know him! But from where? Perhaps if you got a closer look you might be able to find out.’ So I chase him, but he was quite fast, and the best way to stop him and get a closer look at him at the same time was obviously to jump on his back. So I did. He kinda hit the roof with a crash, but he did more damage to it than it did to him, so it was o.k. That’s when I started questioning him. ‘You are certainly not a Lunar, so what are you?’ I mused, as I tried to remember why he seemed so familiar to me. I just knew I knew him, I just had to remember from where.”

“And during all that thinking I remembered when the Eldars where talking about Solars, and how they said every Lunar has a Solar perfectly attuned to them, to be a companion to them and a loyal friend. Kinda like a pet, I thought. So I looked down at him from where I was sitting on his back and said, ‘Are you a Lawbringer mayhaps?’ and he went, “Uhuh.” I was very happy about that, my own Solar pet! He seems kinda weak though. I’m going to need to whip him into shape, then I’m going to take him to the next Gathering and show him off, and then everyone will be talking about me. Anyway, I was very happy, so I threw him in the air once, but I kinda missed catching him again and he fell of the building. He tried to run from me after that, but I wasn’t going to hurt him! I captured him, and I Was gonna explain everything when your guards showed up an interrupted. I’m still not happy about that…. I didn’t get to explain myself and now if he runs….”

Lera shifted slightly, and a bit of worry flashed across her face for the first time in the whole proceeding, “What if I can’t find him again?”
Thought of the Week: "Even in Winter, the cold isn’t always bitter, and not every day is cruel..."
=I= ONLY A FOOL CLAIMS TO KNOW EVERYTHING BUT FEAR NOTHING =I=

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2010, 12:47:52 pm »

Justice.

"Settle down, my dear."

He looks around at the crowd, eyes flicking from person to person, resting for the merest moments on the four who refuse to bow. That private smile of his widens as he looks back down at Lera.

"You seem to have quite the crowd," he continues, gesturing with a battered walking stick across the room. "I'm sure that poor fellow has followed to see what will become of you." He nods to the God on the far right, a small, slow nod. She spoke next, her alto voice resonating with a patriotic tenor, visibly inspiring hope in the mortals in the crowd.

"Leave us, mortals. But do stay, you few Exalted."

The crowd hurries to obey.

I'm a wanderer.

As Rovell walks through the city... not much happens. The streets are fairly quiet, and he can see the huge crowd milling around the center temple from here. He can see a shift in the flow, though, as it now flooded out from it, rather than pushing towards it.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2010, 12:55:15 pm »

Dragnar shifted nervously in place, uncomfortable with this change. He briefly considered leaving with the crowd, but quickly decided disobeying these gods would be unwise. He might be able to hide from mortals but these beings would not be so easily tricked. Still, he remained in his place toward the back of the temple, at least partially concealed by shadow.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2010, 01:33:09 pm »

Molten Gold gracefully rose, feeling that the time for ceremony had passed. He wondered what they had in mind- anything involving this many Exalted had to be of some importance. From the Gods' perspectives, at least.

With the crowd dispersing, he took the time to examine those few who remained. He had been right that the two from before would cross paths with the Lunar again, though he hadn't particularly expected it to be so soon. The third... something about him spoke of being part of something bigger, but he had no idea what. A particular monastic order, perhaps? A mercenary company? He certainly had a resolute focus on the Lunar...

He returned his gaze to the Gods. He had been right to follow the Lunar- this was fascinating. Hands clasped politely in front of him, he waited for them to speak.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2010, 01:34:24 pm »

Curious, Rovell carefully picked his way through the crowd.  The public display or trial must have ended already, though there might still be some sort of secret trial.  They weren't terribly uncommon, though Rovell personally did not approve of them.  With competent people in charge of a legal system, public trials tended to be both easier and more useful.

Managing to get out of the crowd and into the temple, Rovell stood at the edge of the chamber, staring at the three figures on the dias.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2010, 01:37:02 pm »

Rovell is stopped at the door by more of the guardsmen.

"You can't enter. The Three, bless their names and their deeds, have requested all mortals leave their presence for now."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2010, 02:00:13 pm »

Rovell eyed the guardsman, annoyed.  He had a tough choice now.  Either he could remain hidden, and just walk away and forget about this entire situation, or he could reveal himself as a Solar and enjoy interviewing deities about local law.  Rovell briefly wondered whether that made sense, but discarded the thought almost immediately. 

He saw that the lunatic was still in the room, as was the confused man, doing a poor job of hiding himself in the back of the room.  Rovell shrugged.  He guessed that the bit about the man being a Solar was true, then, if he was allowed in.

He looked back over his shoulder, making sure no one else was around to hear him.  Then, he leaned towards the guards, and whispered, "I'm a Lawgiver, and if you don't let me in, or if you tell any one about me, I will find someone to cut various parts of you off and feed them to your fellow guards.  If you listen to me, of course, I'll give you each a Dinar."

Rovell reached into his pocket and pulled out two coins.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2010, 02:08:48 pm »

The guard seems offended. "Leave, now."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2010, 02:33:36 pm »

Rovell sighed.  Despite his love of the law, he had to admit it was much easier to deal with corrupt city officials than honest ones.  Not that he'd had to deal with many, but it seemed a fair conclusion to come to given his few prior experiences back home.

"Listen to me," he said in a commanding tone, voice once again laden with power, "I am not a mortal, and I do not have time to deal with this foolishness. I wish to discuss a few things with the people in that room, and you are in my way.  Allow me in immediately, or you will have to explain to them why I was not here.  For some reason, I doubt that they'd be very pleased."

A faint, glittering mark appeared on his forehead, barely visible.  Rovell wanted them to know that he spoke the truth, or, rather, mostly the truth, but he didn't want people to pay direct attention to him once he was finished with the discussion.  That tended to end badly for everyone, especially him.

---
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 02:38:31 pm by Lucus Casius »

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2010, 02:43:00 pm »

"They asked the mortals to leave, and the Exalted who were already there to stay. They said nothing about allowing in more Exalted. Leave, and do so now." His hand goes to his weapon, a hollow tube with a pistol-like grip. "Or we will make you."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 89