Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 89

Author Topic: [Exalted 2e] Magical Hobos of Violence and JUSTICE. Day 2: A Hunting We Will Go.  (Read 51316 times)

DrakeRaids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Exalted 2e] Magical Hobos of Violence and JUSTICE.
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2010, 09:51:08 pm »

Lera peaks her head over the building, cat ears twitching happily as Drwagnar darts into the alleyways, "Come back! Don't run!" She yelled as she began to work her way down the building with practice ease, finding handholds with an acrobats ease. "On second thought, do. This is going to be fun!" She giggled as her mind changed suddenly. She didn't even give Rovell a second glance as she run into the alleyway, tail twitching behind her as she went on the hunt.
Thought of the Week: "Even in Winter, the cold isn’t always bitter, and not every day is cruel..."
=I= ONLY A FOOL CLAIMS TO KNOW EVERYTHING BUT FEAR NOTHING =I=

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2010, 09:59:25 pm »

Rovell picked himself up off the ground.  Apparently, the man had still been alive when hurled off the roof, and had managed to remain as much even after crashing into Rovell.  Indeed, by the way he ran off, he didn't appear to have suffered the slightest of wounds!

Rovell watched with surprise and not a bit of fear as a woman with strange, animal features dashed pass him, chasing the man into the alley.  The sight awoke some odd, vague memories in the back of his mind.  He had become used to these flashes by now, but they still managed to disturb him when they appeared.

He turned and chased after the woman.  He didn't know why, but it seemed the right thing to do at them time.

DrakeRaids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2010, 10:11:03 pm »

"Drwagnar...." her voice echoed weirdly through the alleyway, making it hard to pinpoint her exact location. "Drwagnar..." There it was again, closer this time, the shadows tempting shapes in every corner, was that a tail? A reflected glimmer on a fallen coin makes those bright eyes... "DRWAGNAR!" They say the lightning strikes before you hear the thunder, and in this case, it was true. He would have felt his spine buckle against itself and his chest empty itself of air before he ever heard her call his name, the force of the leaping hug (Tackle?) preceding the call by far. "Oh don't run. You don't think I'd hurt you do you? Nononono. We're going to have fun!"
Thought of the Week: "Even in Winter, the cold isn’t always bitter, and not every day is cruel..."

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2010, 10:29:10 pm »

Dragnar squirms for a moment before giving up escaping, instead saving his strength to continue breathing through Lera's crushing grip. "What are you doing?!" He tries to calm down, seeing that she is clearly ignoring his complaints. "You still haven't even told me your name... Or why you are chasing me!"

((Hmm... the colored speech is much easier to read. I'm gonna try that.))
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2010, 10:41:03 pm »

Rovell manages to keep up with the woman, despite her speed.  He watches as she crashed into the man in a flying tackle.  Noting that he no longer has to run around like a mad man, he leans against a wall, breathing heavily.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2010, 11:11:10 pm »

Panic fills the streets of Great Forks, with every mortal who can is fleeing from the crazy display, shouting, and violence. The immediate area is cleared of potential victims, except for Dragnar, and alarm bells are ringing clear above the noise of screaming people. The fleeing crowds smash through markets stalls in the rush to get away, scattering the merchandise for people to trip over and step on.

Dozens of vague shapes swirl into existence around you, forming into distinct humanoid bodies, all wearing the same uniform, with modifications to show rank and other detals. They have a variety of ranged weapons, from crossbows to slings to flame pieces, all aimed directly at Lera. The closest, around 20 yards away and in the most impressive uniform, and armed with a strange-looking device, starts to shout.

"Stand down, Lunar, Or we will open fire. You are under arrest, for the following charges. Assault, Obstructing the Worship of Others, Disrupting an Official Festival, Shouting Like a Madwoman, and Destruction of Goods. The penalty for these charges is a hefty fine, which will be decided at a later date by a member of the justice system. Until that time, you are hereby instructed to stand down and come with us."
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

DrakeRaids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2010, 11:14:55 pm »

Lera turned slowly, her eyes flashing as her beastly features began to accent themselves more strongly, touches of white fur spring around her skin as she suddenly gained several inches of pure muscly mass. Long silver claws sprouted from her right hand, while her large, silver sai slipped easily into her hand. She gave a threatening growl, "I was in a conversation, do you mind." She hissed, her fangs showing clearly as she glared at the fools who dared bother her. It would be nice to enjoy a good brawl, yes, yes this would be great! She'd probably have to leave afterwords, but such things happen. This town was getting boring anyway.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 11:35:04 pm by DrakeRaids »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2010, 11:26:14 pm »

Flowing Molten Gold blinked at the commotion. It should have taken a serious incident to induce such panic- perhaps there was an opportunity to make things better. He flowed skillfully through the crowds, eventually coming across the uniformed humanoids. He furrowed his brow a moment, wondering just what had happened, and resolved to wait for more information.

And so he stood serenely, seemingly unaware of the panic, waiting to see what would happen.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2010, 11:39:38 pm »

"Drop that form. This your last warning, Lunar." His voice is calm and clear, and he raises his contraption to aim at Lera. The rest of his men do so at the same time, notching arrows and pulling back the strings, readying their crossbows and flame pieces, swinging their slings around.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2010, 02:19:13 am »

Rovell sighed.  He probably should have known that he would regret following the woman.  He had wanted to meet with his friend without an incident occurring, but now he was right in the middle of one.  A mad Lunar looking near ready to kill herself on the various weapons owned by the guard, a confused man apparently claiming to be a Solar, and the guard itself, which as previously mentioned was in the possession of weapons which would likely be used to kill the insane Lunar.  If they missed, there was the very real possibility that those weapons would end up hitting Rovell or the man-claiming-to-be-a-Solar instead.

Rovell did not appreciate the situation he had been placed in.

Thousands of thoughts flew through his mind, trying to decide on the best method to salvage the situation.  None seemed particularly good.  He immediately discarded the idea of a physical confrontation with either side, as he was particularly fond of his limbs.  Running away would simply get him chased down by the guards, who would likely suspect him to be the mad Lunar's accomplice.  Staying silent was out of the question.

Finally reaching a decision, albeit a somewhat unreasonable one, he turned towards the woman.  Praying to whatever god would listen that he would not have anything particularly painful done to him, he opened his mouth to speak, lacing his voice with essence in the best tradition of the Eclipse.

"YOU GOD-CURSED FOOL!  WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING, DISOBEYING A DIRECT COMMAND BY AN OFFICER OF THE LAW?  YOU WILL REVERT TO YOUR NORMAL FORM, OR YOUR FRIEND AND I-" Rovell pointed at the confused man lying on the ground- "WILL GLADLY BEAT YOUR HEAD IN WITH A DAMNED TRASH BIN SO THAT THE OFFICERS HERE DO NOT HAVE TO STAIN THEIR HANDS!  DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?!"

He coughed, finished.

----

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 03:15:54 am by Lucus Casius »

DrakeRaids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2010, 11:43:08 am »

Lera looked at Rovell, and blinked several time. Why was he yelling at her! She didn't want any trouble. Well, she did, just not with him. All she wanted was something interesting to happen, was that so wrong? Sighing her form shifted once more into a more aesthetically pleasing state, even going as far to suppress her tell once more. "Fine." she growled, shooting daggers at the Rovell, briefly mouthing, 'I'm coming for you.' as she walked over to the guards. "Hurry. Before I change my mind. And some other things too."

Cogsmith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2010, 11:51:44 am »

Unnoticed in a distant corner of the market, Wisdom felt his eye try to twitch beneath the bandages over his face. The stiff and hardened skin prevented it, but it was, he thought, a rather valiant effort.

He stared down into the mud and stone of the square. Well probably just stone at one stage, but having assorted unknown fluids spilled upon it had developed a layer of mud. More pressingly he stared at the torn and ragged pages of Umbaniel's Unabridged Encyclopedia, now covered in mud and less savory fluids, and torn to shreds, with individual pages scattered across the market, and out the south entrance.

"All my money..." he muttered disbelievingly. He had been SURE the tome contained a potent tracking spell within it. One that would let him find that bastard wherever he was hiding. Whoever he was hiding as.

His mood flashing quickly to anger, he turned and marched over to the disturbance in the square. His wrath apparent even behind his covering of bandages.
"You" he called out to the recently befanged intruder "caused this. You owe me a new book. I'll have it out of you if I have to go over the guards heads myself." he said, waving the guards away casually with one hand. He had this well in hand. They didn't need to be here yet. "Now put that fool down and come with me. If we're to find an intact copy we'll need to start through the libraries and printers backstocks now if we're to be done before sundown."

Turning about he settled on the south entrance. Perhaps the original seller had another copy...

The man who had so loudly intervened before did not merit comment. Gentlemen and scholars, neither had patientce for fools, and less still for those both loud and foolish. He had no specific grievance here, and thus his intervention could be nothing else but foolery.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2010, 12:18:21 pm »

Molten Gold tilted his head, curious at this new development. New book? Who was this man, and in how many things was this Lunar involved?

He glanced to the guards, curious as to how they'd react.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2010, 12:21:05 pm »

"How nice. I don't much care about your book, and you shouldn't interfere with guard business like that, but maybe you'd be willing to provide evidence against her? Not that it's really needed at this point, what with all the witnesses, but it'll get you in our good books. Even if those aren't the books you seek." The guardsman nods towards Lera, and five guards rush forwards to secure her, grabbing her arms and holding them to each side, and shackling her feet together with a chain just long enough for a hobbling walk.

"Now, Lunar. You will come with us. If you try to resist, we will be forced to do something that's generally frowned upon, so don't." He presses his hands together, as do the other guardsmen, and most vanish into the air. The remaining ten guards, including the leader, march off, with Lera in the midst of them. The five that had secured her lowered to four, two for each arm.

DrakeRaids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2010, 12:30:07 pm »

"I'm trembling! Ohhhh woe is me. Trapped by the scary guards. Assholes." Lera rolled her eyes giving the head guard a look that held far more vague amusement then any real spite. She was apparently not taking the situation seriously in the least.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 89