Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 89

Author Topic: [Exalted 2e] Magical Hobos of Violence and JUSTICE. Day 2: A Hunting We Will Go.  (Read 51329 times)

TackyHillbilly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Akar looked at Kerish, and shrugged.

"Let him take what precautions he will. Let him believe himself ready. Let him think himself safe."

Akar laughed, a sound overlaid with the crackles and pops of Flame.

"I am Cathak Akar. I am a Chosen of Heseish. I am member of the Immaculat Order. I am someone that he cannot be ready for. The Fire consumes all before it. And he is no exception."

Ganurath

• Bay Watcher
  • You were expecting something predictable?
    • View Profile

"Cathak Akar may be Chosen of Heseish, but Akar is only one such individual, and can only be in so many places at once, fight so many demons at once, protect so much potential prey for demons at once." Kerish turned her attention away from Akar toward the Captain. "Commander knows more than I do, but consider note sent to Captain. Consider quantity of Exalts that Commander felt appropriate for this level of threat. Is lone Immaculate sufficient to compensate?"

TackyHillbilly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Akar shrugged. If the Demons assaulted the Civillians, there would be casualties. That was life. Better to die, the live as slaves to the demons. Or to the Anathema.

"Yes. Yes I am."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Gold pondered the locker for a moment. He'd never explicitly agreed to not take anything, but this was becoming a bit more of a looting spree than he'd imagined. Finally he opened the one marked with the symbol of the Unclean, curious as to what the ancient Twilights would have seen fit to keep around.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ganurath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Captain." Kerish's voice takes on a distinct tone of irritation. She begins pacing along the perimeter of the hole, looking at the Warstrider within. "Is lone Immaculate sufficient to aid your guard against demonically-aligned Terrestrial, whatever power Mayor is hiding, and uncertain number of blood ape demons?"

To emphasize the last point, Kerish kicks at the remains of an Erymanthoi. "Captain, consider your duty to protect city. Would you prefer organized military force of Solars, or singular Immaculate with no plan for after victory and credible risk of setting town ablaze in efforts to kill enemy?"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile

Akar and Kerish.

"...Akar, she's right. I can't rest the safety of the whole city on just you. I don't even trust you that much."

You Lot.

Irony: Inside the locker is a hooded robe made of a strange silk, and a pair of fine leather gloves with orichalcum decoration.

Rovell: A very well made orichalcum breastplate hangs inside.

Wisdom: The Jade warstriders are all facing away from the room with the gold and silver warstiders. There doesn't appear to a second door big enough for them to fit through.

Dragnar: The gold shirt and sword become much easit to deal with, their combined weight feeling less than what your chain weighed before.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

Dragnar walked back out into the main room and stared up at Lera's warstrider. "Wow. I see you got it working. You might want to come out to help us look around... I found a shield with Rovell's anima banner on it, and bracers with mine. No more moonsilver though."
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

DrakeRaids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Oooo I'll help you look. Durun, you may deactivate, after I get out." Lera said happily over the speakers as she moved the warstrider down to a kneeling position, making it easier to exit. After saying the command phrase she kicked the door open, her face bearing a grin a mile wide. Regardless of what happened, it was obvious she at the very least was having a wonderful time. Taking a single jump down off the warstrider, she promptly landed directly ontop of Dragnars chest in a move uncannily seemly to a cat pouncing its pray.

"Really? That wonderful Drwagnar! Aren't you glad we came here? What did you find? where is the other stuff? I wonder if they have more armor. Like that silk stuff. Would that work over my amulet I wonder? Or maybe a hearthstone! Or maybe its some secert awesome artifact that doesn't look like much but is really the power source that fuels th might of all the chosen and unleashing it will make me akin to the gods! NO BEYOND THEM! MY REACH SHALL TAME THE WYLD ITSELF WITH SKILL NOT SEEN IN EON AND MY FURY WILL FILL MY ENEMIES WITH TERROR! RAWR!"

She paused again.

"Or maybe its just bracers."
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 01:04:37 pm by DrakeRaids »
Thought of the Week: "Even in Winter, the cold isn’t always bitter, and not every day is cruel..."
=I= ONLY A FOOL CLAIMS TO KNOW EVERYTHING BUT FEAR NOTHING =I=

TackyHillbilly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Akar looked at the Captain, bristling a little.

"And you trust her at all, why? Would you like for me to tell you of the horrors the Anathema perpetuated, on Dragonblooded and Mortal alike? How many died, how many suffered? Better to die from a blow from a Demon, then live as a Slave to the Tyrants."

Akar's voice wasn't angry. It was calm. Like he was giving a Sermon. Such things were not Akar's specialty, but he'd do what he had to.

"They are not doing this out of alutruism, Captain. You have their note. They demand rank, leadership of the city. I thought you were smarter then this. So quick to get rid of the Demons that you run into another, far worse slavery."

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile

Akar and Kerish

The captain meets Akar's eyes, staring him down.

"No, Akar, I don't trust her. But she makes a good point, and I can recognise one of those when I see it. I don't think you'd take too much care not to damage the city, and I won't place my faith in you alone when the whole city is in danger."

She looks away, at the damaged door leading to the horrors outside.

"Something you've proven me correct about once."

She looks back. "And no. I don't have the time to listen to your dogma, and I do not care."

"Beast, tell your commander I will welcome her aid. And that her note proved correct."
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Ganurath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kerish bows courteously, turning to take her leave by way of the back door. "Kerish will do so. Commander will no doubt be glad of Captain's decision. It would be advisable to inform guards of decision, and the revelation that provoked it, so guards will be prepared to coordinate."

TackyHillbilly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Akar smiled at Raio, and shrugged afterwards.

"I'd wish you luck Captain, but there is little point. Summon your new Masters to defeat the old. I wash my hands of it."

Akar turned back toward the Warstrider.

"Kerish, tell you commander that once she has her new slaves, I'd like to speak with her. For now though, I will remain where I am."

Ganurath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kerish nods over her shoulder before taking her leave through the door. Once she was certain things were clear at the back door, she closed her eyes as she began to transform. Her fingers fused and extended, the black chitin spread to cover her body, and a tail steadily grew out from under her skirt. Unlike most such transformations, however, her size did not change. Opening her now doubled eyes, she quietly leapt to the rooftop of the warehouse.

Original meeting point probably changed, thanks to Akar's recklessness. Which of the contingency locations... Ah, yes. Meticulously observing the streets below for witnesses, Kerish made her way to her destination by way of the rooftops. Eyes would be toward the ground thanks to the harm caused by the demonic second, at least in some areas. Some silver lining.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

Dragnar simply stared up at Lera for a moment before answering. "Uh... yeah... I don't think you're going to find anything like that." He then rolled out from under her and stood up, pointing at the last of the doors in the room. "As I said, there's no moonsilver in the rooms I searched, but I haven't looked in that one over there."
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rovell pulled off his mundane armor, replacing it with the breastplate.  A perfect fit, as he suspected it would be, even if it was unattuned and insanely heavy.  Fixing this problem would be easy enough, so, sitting down again, he began the attunement process on the armor.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 89