Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 89

Author Topic: [Exalted 2e] Magical Hobos of Violence and JUSTICE. Day 2: A Hunting We Will Go.  (Read 51335 times)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile

Akar.

The captain looks around the warehouse, anxious.
"Are you certain about the mayor? Damn. I can lure him here, but we should get some more allies if he's anywhere near as powerful as the one you met."

You Lot.

Rovell: The shield is pretty heavy when you take it from Dragnar, but as you send your essence flowing into the magical gold, it becomes light, lighter than even a regular shield.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dragnar: ((Assuming you head to the next room now.)) The third room along is much like the second, rows of Jade stretching down to the opposite wall. But rather than weapons, it is armour that lines the walls.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Ganurath

• Bay Watcher
  • You were expecting something predictable?
    • View Profile

Kerish was content with the current situation of the Captain debriefing the monk, and decided that the best course of action would be to secure the warehouse. Keeping the hole within view, the scorpian skittered about the rafters to watch from above, looking for hiding places for surviving demons and, if possible, their occupants.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

Dragnar walks forward through the rows or armor, searching for more gold equipment. Rovell's anima banner being on that shield was intriguing... perhaps there was more somewhere around here? Preferably something a bit more easily concealed than most of this.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

TackyHillbilly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Akar shrugged. He didn't know of any allies there were to be had. The Tyrant would appear if she wished to, and the Beastmen outside...

"Captain, you and your men are all the allies I know of at this particular moment. More would be nice, but you make do with what you have."

Akar sighed. If the mayor was an Akuma as well, this would be difficult. The fight with the first one had stretched his ability to keep his power in check.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile

Akar and Kerish.

"Looking at what happened outside... Some guards tried to stop him... I don't know if we'd be any help."

You Lot.

Dragnar: The room ends, but something seems off. This room is much shorter than the both of the others so far.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

TackyHillbilly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Akar nodded. He knew what she was talking about, of course.

"If you aren't confident in your men's tranining, then I'll face him alone. Mortals can challenge the Anathema. It takes training, bravery, and a willingness to die, if that is what you are called upon to do."

Akar didn't mention that it was much the same for Terrestrials.

"As I said. You make do with what you have, no matter how little, or how much it is."

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

Dragnar stopped against the wall, suspecting there was still more to this room. He felt along the wall, searching for any sign of a hidden switch, be it a loose brick, a fake suit of armor, or some decoration that was more than it appeared. There was no rush, he had all the time he needed to make a very careful search of the whole room if need be.

From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Ganurath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kerish did not like where this was going. If the Captain was unwilling to pursue a coup... That was essential to the plan. And now the monk was ready to go off and fight alone! She expected to intervene in a situation that demanded violence, but it would much safer to cut them off here. The scorpian moved to a position above the Captain and monk, favoring a location almost above the midpoint between them. There, she shifted into her true shape, a green-haired woman with needle claws and patches of black scales visible on her limbs and the back of her neck. It was likely that her back was covered as well, but a skirted breastplate of moonsilver cut that view off.

Leaning on the beam nonchalantly, Kerish whistled for their attention. "While monk's plan for heroic sacrifice is respectable, Captain should take the note of those outside the city and take them into consideration."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Gold walked up behind Dragnar, glancing at the wall he seemed so preoccupied with. His eyes darted along its seams with the other walls as he began speaking.

"Quite a find, isn't it?" he asked Dragnar conversationally. "Do you know why it hasn't been looted yet?"

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TackyHillbilly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Akar looked up, and sighed at Kerish's appearance. So the Beastman were infiltrating the city now. Wonderful.

"Indeed. I highly suggest you consider keeping them where they are. Outside the city."

Akar looked up at the Anathema, and motioned for her to come down.

"So I suppose you are here to encourage the Captain to let your comrades inside. Come down. I gave Captain Raio my word that I wouldn't fight any Anathema within the city walls, unless they attacked first."

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

Dragnar glanced away from the wall for a moment to respond to Gold. "Presumably because no one had found it. There would have been some signs of fighting if anyone tried to get past those guardians."

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile

Akar and Kerish.

The captain jumps back, one hand going to her sword. "Who the heck are you?"

You Lot.

Dragnar and Gold: Every facet of the wall is clear to Molten Gold's eyes. Even centuries-old and barely noticeable hand prints can't escape his gaze. A small cluster of them over a very narrow area are particularly noticeable.

Ganurath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kerish nods, shifting into a sitting position. Now that she was looking down directly, Akar could see that the woman's eyes were pitch black. "Monk is correct to assume that Kerish is an Exalt that would be called an Anathema by people who use the word, specifically one interested in the defeat of the demons and their allies. If Captain is equally willing to refrain from unneccesary violence, Kerish will come down. Monk would best avert eyes, however, in the interest of modesty."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Gold nodded. That was the obvious answer. But...

"Yes, but I'm curious as to why. Or perhaps more accurately, why it was undiscovered until Great Forks managed to locate it. The city has a strong divine influence, but it doesn't seem like they have any clear advantage in this field. I'm guessing they told you nothing of how they did it?"

Gold then moved forward, pressing his hand against the wall where others had done so with some frequency.

"Also, I assume you were looking for this?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TackyHillbilly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Akar looked at the Beastwoman and laughed, before turning to the Captain.

"This, Captain Raio, is a beastwoman. She is most likely affiliated with those who remain outside your city. I would highly advise you be very skeptical with her. Her kind can be very convincing."

Akar looked up at Kerish.

"And I can abide by that request. I am as uninterested in looking as you are in being seen by me."
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 89