Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Puberty begining earlier since 1840's.  (Read 4527 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Puberty begining earlier since 1840's.
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2010, 02:03:23 am »

I have been acutely aware of this for a while. And I don't care, my deep voice is ridiculously sexy.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2010, 02:17:00 am »

When I watched that Freelance Astronaut karaoke video I was inspired enough to try to sing "End of the World as we Know it"  It's way too fast paced but I can do the most memorable part I guess.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2010, 02:19:22 am »

Oh gods.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2010, 02:22:07 am »

Sex to my eardrums.

e: Can't let that go unanswered, can I Toony? I decided to read out my favorite poem, ever. Banjo Patterson is a genius.

And it'll be hilarious to the Kiwis and Aussie listeners because he actually made "rush" rhyme with "bush" which means I had to put on my hilarious kiwi accent to make it work.

All the other mispronounced words are actually completely faithful to the original poem as well (including praste/priest). English was weird back then.

Sadly you need to download it because tindeck is being a tinDICK, but it's six megs. No big deal. I'm trying to fix the issue, dunno what the problem is.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 06:53:59 am by Jackrabbit »

Africa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2010, 08:28:53 am »

You speak as if this is somehow caused mentally.
You didn't read my post. I'm saying it's POSSIBLE.

I'm saying its physical. Biological.  Nature.  Humans are still mammals.

Over-nourished and 'safe' = making babies time for the mammals
You're aware that saying something is "physical not mental" is a false dichotomy right? "Mental" is a result of physical activities happening in the body and brain.
Quote from: Cthulhu
It's like using hobos to fight an eating-resistant baloney epidemic.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2010, 08:41:22 am »

You're aware that saying something is "physical not mental" is a false dichotomy right? "Mental" is a result of physical activities happening in the body and brain.

But liek, the soul man! The SOUL! You can't discount the spirit, man! Where's your spirit!?

More seriously: I totally agree, but it's still it's own little hairball, so much so that I don't think that him saying that is really that much of a misnomer. Still, points to be made and what not.

Anyone going to comment more on the age thing or comment on the milk thing that I posted earlier at all?
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2010, 08:54:31 am »

You speak as if this is somehow caused mentally.

I'm saying its physical. Biological.  Nature.  Humans are still mammals.

Over-nourished and 'safe' = making babies time for the mammals

Eh, my definitions for mental are narrowed down to the brain.  It makes things easier for me.

And I'm sorry, I failed reading comprehension.  Don't worry though, you get nothing.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2010, 09:00:58 am »

It's not very likely. Particularily when there are more straightforward explanations
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]