Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Crash  (Read 2174 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Crash
« on: August 15, 2010, 08:00:11 am »

You awaken to find yourself in what appears to be some sort of automated medical facility, medical tools busily whirring away, working on... you. You're not sure how you got here. The sharp pain is starting to fade though, and the machines themselves seem to be slowly coming to a stop. As you try to move your muscles, you feel them groan in protest.

You tilt the nearby mirror, allowing you a good look at yourself, post-surgery.

What do you see?

Note: You are not necessarily human. While your appearance needs to be realistically workable and sensible, you have many options. The one major exception is no flying - whatever you are, you're land-bound.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Crash
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 08:17:18 am »

Go-Go Gadget Force Freakout!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 08:34:46 am »

I have no idea what that means!

Also, at this point in the game you wouldn't have any noticeable cybernetics for those considering it, or any special race based powers (though you might find some out later on) that you know of.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 08:52:10 am »

Your face has no doubt been human before, but you're too long gone now. The mutations have turned it into just a bloated mass of flesh.

((What? You didn't specify the type of surgery >_>))
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 08:53:27 am »

I'd say... Felis Sapiens, because a cat-person just sounds cool right now...

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 08:57:13 am »

Heh... I'll give a bit of background to assist. You've basically just been saved from death through extensive surgery. While the machines would try to make you look as much like your previous self as possible, its effectiveness IS certainly up to you, so a horribly disfigured "bloated mass of flesh".

Of course, since I'll be drawing this in vector art and rather simplistic, a "bloated mass of flesh" would probably just end up looking like a fat guy...

And yeah, The Cat isn't a cat person! He's just a cat! That happens to look like a person, because thats what cats LOOK like, duh. :P
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 08:59:01 am by GlyphGryph »

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 09:04:38 am »

Fine then, PLAN B: WE ARE THE BORG, the surgery equipment is just an extension of our own self! and/or we were just assimilated...

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 09:16:48 am »

But... you can still do Plan A... I didn't say no cat person!

Just that if you called the Cat a cat-person he'd probably be upset with you...

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2010, 10:27:56 am »

Species: A humanoid salamander, it has six stubby legs, it has 4 dexterous tentacles on it's back, it has two sinuous tails, it is adorable.

Operation: the end of one tail is gone, some patches of our skin are temporarily replaced by an artificial material, and we got a few pretty bad scars, but otherwise fine.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2010, 10:35:06 am »

We are a anthropomorphic cat. the surgery was to restore our vision after a terrible fire accident. Our wife died in the fire.

We have brown fur and long whiskers. We are perpetually pissed off about nothing in particular. We enjoy breaking 'shit'.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2010, 01:09:50 pm »

We are a human. Our skin is burnt and outright replaced by metal in various areas. A blood red cyborg eye sits in our left eye socket.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2010, 01:28:13 pm »

Heh, okay, two votes for cat-person, so this guys race is gonna be cat people, but the humanoid salamander race is probably my favorite of the suggestions. You'll get to pick more races as the game gets going, so keep that idea in mind... I'd actually use it here, but I'm working with sort of a new program and doubt I'd be up to drawing it yet.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 01:40:28 pm by GlyphGryph »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2010, 02:37:58 pm »

you could always COMBINE the cat and salamander ideas. I described the physical caractersistics, but maybe you could givi it the personality and body language and habits and such of the cats people wanted.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2010, 03:26:51 pm »

You pull the mirrored surface closer as you sit up, and get a good look at yourself. What you see staring back at you must be your own face, but you find it unfamiliar at best.

You spend some time trying to remember why you are here. What happened to you? You simply have no idea. There are memories, but they're hazy... fractured. People screaming, pain, those things are still fresh in your memory... but beyond that, nothing.

With a sudden flurry of activity, the various tools and limbs and medical devices that surround you draw back beneath the table, except for the light. A small ding sounds from the wall, and a voice says "Procedure complete. Patients recovery status has reached a functional level." You think it's pretty safe to assume it applies to you. A quick reveals no other patients in the room, just two other empty tables. The important bit, though...

Functional. Pushing a light sheet off you, you swing your feet around, and stretch your muscles. First one arm, then the other, then your legs. There are several sharp spots of pain throughout your body as you do so, but you decide to ignore them for now. You're not sure what's going on, but you need to find out. You place them gingerly on the cold metal of the floor, and then slip forward, slowly... only to feel them give beneath you, banging your elbow on the edge of the table as you rush to catch yourself. You grimace a little, but pull yourself back to your feet and try again.

First, stand. Then, take a step. Another step. Another.

You feel control returning as you walk around the moderately sized medical room a few times, until your satisfied your in no risk of suddenly toppling over again.

Now you take some time to really look at your surroundings. There's the medical table you were on, tools safely stowed. There are two others in the room, along the same wall. Some sort of screen and terminal is built into one of the walls, and alongside another wall are two closed metal doors.

The floor, which you initially took to be metal, is actually closer to a hard, white plastic. You stretch your toes, and look down. You've only just noticed that you are also, apparently, naked.

What should you do next? See if you can open one of the doors? Try to use the terminal? Something else?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2010, 03:34:54 pm »

Oh we look so silly. :P

The doors, (try to) open them.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: [1] 2