Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 30 Months Post-Event  (Read 2087 times)

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
30 Months Post-Event
« on: August 14, 2010, 03:06:11 pm »

It has been two and a half years since the event, a mysterious cataclysmic event in this case, took place forcing a vast majority of human kind underground. The Human Race has taken to bunkers underground and have grown fearful of the outside world.

But the bunker has become enough for some of the inhabitants and soon enough a group of adventurers break the seal of the mighty bunker door and step out into this brave new world. But, who are these new adventurers?

Well, that question lays with you. Create your character and discover your new world!

Any questions will be answered
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: 30 Months Post-Event
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 03:08:27 pm »

Remember my character from 2 years?
Please transfer him to this. Although I'll wait for new people.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 03:19:47 pm »

What is this?
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 03:30:26 pm »

A game where you explore the ruins of Ruined Earth etc. like an RPG. The original died for some inexplicable reason.
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

DaPatman

• Bay Watcher
  • GoL FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 04:57:48 pm »

So tempted to enter this as the host of The Quiz Broadcast from That Mitchell And Webb Look.

"Hello, and remain indoors!"
I don't want to set the world on fire
Oh wait, I do.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 05:04:56 pm »

I am a cowboy from 1913, captured by aliens and cryofrozen. The alien ship crashed and was moved to an underground facility for examination, when the event happened.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 05:13:40 pm »

I am a cowboy from 1913, captured by aliens and cryofrozen. The alien ship crashed and was moved to an underground facility for examination, when the event happened.
Most Cowboys disappeared by then. You'd be better off as a Brit from WW1 or a man who worked for Marx.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 05:18:01 pm »

...1893?

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2010, 05:21:49 pm »

...1893?
1860-1890 I believe would be a good era for cowboys.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2010, 05:24:57 pm »

I kind of wanted him to know what automobiles are, but whatever.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2010, 07:43:51 pm »

A cybernetic Bad-Ass, with an arm cannon!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2010, 07:49:16 pm »

A grizzled space veteran A 20-year-old historian, who has dreams of becoming an archeologist.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2010, 01:29:59 pm »

So tempted to enter this as the host of The Quiz Broadcast from That Mitchell And Webb Look.

"Hello, and remain indoors!"

If I can refer you to my [urlhttp://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=58332.0]previous thread[/url]. I offered massive cookies for anyone who picked up the reference. you my friend, have won the cookies.

Yeah so look at how the characters were set up in this thread. If anyone is interested could they make their characters in a similar fashion to how these were constructed

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2010, 01:45:07 pm »

The name is Jack Anderson.
My characters a Car Mechanic that happened before the Event, now a Scavenger-Militiaman. Friendly, and bit of a fighting person.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2010, 02:24:34 pm »

k

Krissy Opal. Ex-Barber. Is proficient in scissor-weaponry. She has a mysterious past, and only those close to her know the horrors she's seen. She quit the barbering business in shame after that day...

Krissy is quiet and keeps to herself. She doesn't like people, only hair.