Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Timebranch - The Fractal Story Challenge  (Read 4723 times)

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
17th Slate, 52
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2010, 09:29:29 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's Slate now, and I for one am rather happy to have booze. Bembul the hunter perished in the woods from lack of drink (a sad event), but he knew the risks when he took the job, and the fortress will move on. He will live forever on in the halls of our ancestors, and in our hearts and minds. Me and the lads got orders to set up another farm near the food stockpile for the underground crops, and if all goes well we'll have wine at the end of the season.

Poor Monom got shook up by our friend dying, and we did our best to comfort him, but only time will tell if he'll recover to his old self again. Avuz should by all accounts be even more miserable, what with Bembul being his lover and all, but he quite strangely isn't. I shouldn't be saying this stuff, but I expect he's having an affair with Kol; when they're in the same room they do nothing but look at each other, and he was probably happy when Bembul died so they could come out as lovers with their clan's blessing before they set him up again with another one. Anyway, Fikod gave birth this week, but as it turns out the baby came out dead. A very sad affair, and I expect her whole clan will be wailing about this for months, not to mention her mother. I can't wait for her to come up and blame all this on me somehow.

But more importantly, a jeweler got struck in the head by one of them moods. Although it could have ended up with a better dwarf, it's still an artifact and I'm eager to see what's going to some out.

Oh, and the manager too.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Timebranch - The Fractal Story Challenge
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2010, 09:44:54 am »

EDIT: edit

EDIT2: please.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2010, 09:57:35 am »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2010, 10:47:34 am »

Making a new post for each update would end up clogging up the thread in no time.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2010, 12:46:57 pm »

Making a new post for each update would end up clogging up the thread in no time.
Arrite, fine.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2010, 02:11:47 pm »

Well as it turns out I can't play for a while, since my comp is going to the shop to get its graphics card replaced (Damn ATI!).

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2010, 07:24:54 am »

I've done a first digging into the history.
I plan to dig deeper, but we should first get the fort(s) going. - I'm a bit concerned about the new 6x6 embark site, it seems very large for a fortress that will hopefully develop through many years.
So, - is anybody playing the fort currently?
If not, - should we start over yet again? The 6x6 embark may become a problem, but worse is the lack of history the first year. (Is it comming?)  ???

------
Historical map:
2 dwarven clans settled in the foothills. We see elves to the west, humans to the north and east and a group of kobolds to the south.

Current map:
The world year 52:
Our fort Ashokłst 'Timebreach' is founded as an ocean side outpost from Egastčrith, "Clenchedlabors".
The first king in Egastčrith was Rovod Craftquills who was killed by the mountain titan Pevó Fordedpanthers in year 11. Lorbam Channellivid took the throne as none of the bloodborn children was yet of age and is still in power, - even after a fight with the giantess Lecit Pridebreach.
We have two sister outposts: Erushvucar "Handleurn" and Keskalvathsith "Shootsquare".

The name of our group is 'The Barriacaded Helms', and the worship list with the current worshippers is:
  Degėl: minerals, jewels, metals, crafts : 4
  Moldath: mountains, wealth, trade : 2  (Expedition leader)
  Zasit Clashedguard the Superior Storm: fortresses, war, victory : 5
  Lisig: oaths, marriage  : 4  (1 pair married already)
  Nish: travelers  :  1  (This is the deity of the royal line.)
  Esar: love      1
  Kesting: creation, rebirth, birth, children, youth  :   2
NB: Our two miners (Degėl and Degėl) are lovers and are worshipping Esar and Kesting, - a baby boom is expected.  ;D

Our enemies:
The human town of Obollofi 'Clouttrots' lies in ruins after a final raid done by the cyclops Etest Gembrave in year 12. The settlement had been under heavy attacks in the preceeding years by: The cyclops Nithim Yellslast, the cyclops Rud Breachgoals, the cyclops Sog Lustrousruns and  the hydra Ume Suckercleaned the Lustful Call.

The goblins are expected to come from the south, where we beyond a mountain pass find 'The Sculpted Nightmare'. Their base is Osmösputong 'Spideryutters', - home for an equal mix of goblins and twisted elves. It consistes of the towers The Hellish Fortress, The Sinful Tower and the Unthinkable Fortress. The current goblin queen is 'Dostngosp Nightmarerasps the Dispersed Organ of Barbarians'. She is also known as the beast queen as she personally went three times to the depths of the worls to tame cave crocodiles, giant olms and giant toads. The dark fortress has recently been under heavy ettin attacks.
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2010, 07:44:35 am »

I'm playing, but just not at the moment.

Q-Lok

• Bay Watcher
  • Cog Mersethoslan
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2010, 02:59:11 am »

I absolutely want in on this, but I too am dubious about the large embark site and the possibility of an aquifer, which I certainly do not want to deal with.

As for start time, I'd prefer that the OP played through a year and then posted, unless someone wants me to start or some such.

EDiT: Also, if we need a post index and branch chart for the timeline, I think I can do that as well.
Plays Dwarf Fortress when bored.  Is probably bored.

Current fort:
Shipnet: For The Throne, But Against The King [Community]
The story of a band of exiles, removed forcibly from their mountainhome by a corrupt usurper.  Rith Medtobikal seeks to turn his frozen home into a new monument to the true king's line in defiance of Nish Roadreined (the "ignoble noble").

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2010, 04:24:22 am »

TQhe OP (i.e. me) HAS played through a year. I'm just not good at LPing. Or taking notes.
くコ:彡

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2010, 05:55:29 am »

Also, the aquifer is now gone.

Please read through the whole topic before posting.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2010, 09:19:58 am »

Also, my derpiness caused me not to bring the save over to my other comps, so I'll have to restart too. I'll continue with the log when i'm around the same spot I was before.

Q-Lok

• Bay Watcher
  • Cog Mersethoslan
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2010, 10:43:25 am »

The OP (i.e. me) HAS played through a year. I'm just not good at LPing. Or taking notes.
Ah, okay.  I had missed that detail.  I had thought that lordnincompoop had played the first year.

Also, the aquifer is now gone.

Please read through the whole topic before posting.
I did, and I was under the impression that half of the aquifer was gone, and I wasn't especially wild about that idea.  Still, thank you for the clarification.
Plays Dwarf Fortress when bored.  Is probably bored.

Current fort:
Shipnet: For The Throne, But Against The King [Community]
The story of a band of exiles, removed forcibly from their mountainhome by a corrupt usurper.  Rith Medtobikal seeks to turn his frozen home into a new monument to the true king's line in defiance of Nish Roadreined (the "ignoble noble").
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]