Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Limits on Noble Aquisitions  (Read 801 times)

GauHelldragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Limits on Noble Aquisitions
« on: September 29, 2006, 12:03:00 am »

It would be really nice if nobles and legendary dwarves didnt' claim hundreds and hundreds of items and then just leave them sitting wherever. I suggest making it so that a noble will only claim as many items as they can fit in their room. This would apply to all dwarves, post or pre economy.

In a related note, it would also be really nice if the "store owned item" task had a much higher priority.

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Limits on Noble Aquisitions
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 09:21:00 pm »

Put a chest in their room, then they'll store the items in there.  No, coffers and cabinets won't work...  well, cabinets will work for clothes and coffers for coins.  But that's all.

And yes, chests require wood or metal, which makes no sense.  Maybe we should be able to make glass or stone chests, too?

[ September 29, 2006: Message edited by: Aquillion ]

We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Markavian

• Bay Watcher
  • DF Map Archive Admin
    • View Profile
    • DF Map Archive
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 02:42:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Aquillion:
<STRONG>And yes, chests require wood or metal, which makes no sense.  Maybe we should be able to make glass or stone chests, too?
</STRONG>

You can make chests out of stone, they're called coffers.

GauHelldragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 10:29:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Aquillion:
<STRONG>Put a chest in their room, then they'll store the items in there.  No, coffers and cabinets won't work...  well, cabinets will work for clothes and coffers for coins.  But that's all.

[ September 29, 2006: Message edited by: Aquillion ]</STRONG>

I know that. The problem is that dwarves will let stuff sitting around even when they have pleanty of cabinets and coffers. Expecially nobles and legendary dwarves.

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 09:18:00 pm »

Well...  Toady says that coffers and chests are the same...  but try putting a chest in there anyway.  For me, I've never seen anything but money go in a coffer.  Everything else goes in a chest, and only a chest, at least for the nobles I've seen.
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 09:48:00 pm »

The only place it distinguishes them is the name so far as I know.  They are "ITEM_BOX".  If I put in some freakish material check in the coin storage part it would go crazy I guess.  I'm not sure if they put coins in anything though?  The item type doesn't seem to be listed as a box item, though I might be missing something.  Just checking now, I saw no material references, anyway.

edit:  Nevermind, coins are listed as general boxable items.

[ October 02, 2006: Message edited by: Toady One ]

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 03:20:00 am »

I guess it was just a coincidence in my fort, then...

Draxxalon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 01:25:00 pm »

And you can make chests out of glass... except instead of being called a chest, it's called a box.  It functions the same as far as I can tell though.