Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: You can cook something in other ways besides mincing..  (Read 511 times)

Tryntu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You can cook something in other ways besides mincing..
« on: August 13, 2010, 11:45:52 am »

it's purely cosmetic, but i'm kind of an amateur cook, and.. for the love of god, the cooks dont need to mince everything to bits before they roast everything to a crisp. can you even make a roast out of minced bits? gotta try that sometime.. -cough- anyway.

for the type of preparation, in lieu of minced, may i suggest.. Chopped, Sliced, puree'd (counterproductive to my argument, i suppose, but it's different at least), filleted, mashed, rolled into balls (meatballs are awesome, do not question >=O), broiled, boiled, fried, deep-fried, seared, browned, simmered in <sauce>, parbroiled, baked, flambeed, steamed.. and so on.

as for the type of dish, i'm not even gonna start listing. perhaps you could make it conditional on the type of preparations that go into it. even throw a couple dwarven names in for giggles?

Alastar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You can cook something in other ways besides mincing..
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 11:49:12 am »

I don't know, minced and fried to a crisp sounds very dwarfy. My dwarves do this to themselves all the time as well, figures it's the only preparation they know.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 12:26:53 pm »

Yes Alastar but so does tenderised (You use a hammer to do it)

Anyhow this suggestion has been around for a while. Though it is still just as valid.

Tryntu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 12:06:41 am »

_-_ originality fail! ah well, i tried.

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 05:23:37 am »

I support this suggestion because I'm a fan of diversity. :3