Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Involvement of weapons in wrestleing  (Read 617 times)

Javarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Involvement of weapons in wrestleing
« on: August 13, 2010, 09:25:20 am »

I notice how when your wielding weapons and you wrestle an opponent it eventually give you options with it like "Grab McButterFingers Throat With Bronze Scimtar" While when you select that option it does nothing but put up a flase text saying "You Grab McButterFingers Throat With Bronze Scimtar" Yet its not grasped, And Im pretty sure it does nothing what so ever. Now what im suggesting it you implment the Sharp weapon on the move where you have the Sword held aginsit the throat. Sure given it could be over powered it should be lowered to an easy break chance, Varying on your weapon level and wrestleing level. But it should be able to slice the throat as an option once you get that hold.

And alot other things, Like the abilty to slice the wrist of the enemy by grasping the hand or so with the weapon.

What do you think of this idea?
“When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool you end up looking like a moron instead.”
― Robin Hobb, Assassin's Apprentice

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
Re: Involvement of weapons in wrestleing
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 09:42:32 am »

There is already a combat system being developed.

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 01:38:53 pm »

The body part DOES get grasped, you can strangle creatures to death with a sword if you choose to in the wtrestle menu.

Athough your right, if I tried it strangle somone with a sword Im pretty sure I would just end up tearing the throat.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 01:53:07 pm »

The body part DOES get grasped, you can strangle creatures to death with a sword if you choose to in the wtrestle menu.

Athough your right, if I tried it strangle somone with a sword Im pretty sure I would just end up tearing the throat.

Broad side, backside, Guard, Handle, Pummel, Embellishments...

TheyTarget

• Bay Watcher
  • Memento Mori
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 03:10:22 pm »

menacing spikes of pig tail.
Code: [Select]
This is a platinum warhammer. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. it menaces with spikes of platinum.
there is an image of the goblin Utes Gozrusrozsnus and dwarves in elf bone. The goblin is making a plaintive gesture. the dwarves are striking a menacing pose.
this image relates to the slaying of Utes Gozrusroz

Urist McCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 05:44:07 pm »

menacing spikes of kitten leather.