Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can't construct Wood Furnace and Smelter  (Read 2859 times)

guitarxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Can't construct Wood Furnace and Smelter
« on: August 12, 2010, 09:41:55 pm »

I placed a Wood Furnace and a Smelter, but they weren't being built so I pressed Q and looked at them, and Architecture was written in red, so assigned the skill architect to some dwarves, but the furnace and smelter is still not being built =(

By the way, is there an IRC channel where I can just ask these newbie questions without creating a dozen threads every time I have a question?

Thanks in advance!
Feeling down? Click Here!

andfhe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can't construct Wood Furnace and Smelter
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 10:03:44 pm »

Are you sure the dwarves in question had a path to the workshops, and weren't busy with something else?

If they don't have time, try disabling all labors except what you need until they finish. Also once they finish architecturing it they'll need another labor to finish it.
Well if you remove the [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] tag from dwarves I think they have like 2-4 children each time they give birth. And if you get enough mothers up on the pillars you can probably get a good waterfall going.

FleshForge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 12:46:51 am »

If the dwarf with Architecture is busy doing something else, like hauling or a repeating task (say your mason/architect is busy making doors on repeat at the workshop) then they may never get around to it.

guitarxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 01:04:43 am »

If the dwarf with Architecture is busy doing something else, like hauling or a repeating task (say your mason/architect is busy making doors on repeat at the workshop) then they may never get around to it.

Ah, I see. Yeah, he was crafting something the entire time I was waiting for him.
Feeling down? Click Here!