Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: [DF 31.13] ۝ War of the Ring Mod ۝ [WotR 13.3] (We're back!)  (Read 41739 times)

andfhe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 31.12] ۝ War of the Ring Mod ۝ [WotR 0.10.1]
« Reply #90 on: August 17, 2010, 10:48:19 am »

well for the rhohirrim, maybe let them be one of the few seigers to use mounts, IDK just some thoughts.
I'm thinking fast spearmen, to compliment the human sword/bowmen (which is the direction they'll be heading. Humies are gonna get some nice siege stuff, to boot. And I might change their site type to dark fortress, just so they get some castle-looking stuff going on.)

Edit: for the life of me, I cannot figure out a name for barrow wight's syndrome effect that doesn't sound stupid.
Edit2: Ne'er mind. "Wight Essence" it is.
Edit3: Hey andhfe, you still having problems?

Yes.
I downloaded the RAWS again, and I genned a new world and it still won't let me appoint nobles.
I didn't modify anything, I'm just using the straight download, and it won't work.
Well if you remove the [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] tag from dwarves I think they have like 2-4 children each time they give birth. And if you get enough mothers up on the pillars you can probably get a good waterfall going.

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 17, 2010, 10:56:44 am »

It's possible there was some discrepancy between folders, lemme plug it in and see.
Ah, yeah, I snookered the version files. That's why it only affected the one download. I tested both, but somehow uploaded the wrong file to the RAW link, and the correct file to the prepackaged version. Both should be working now.

Edit: Mmmmmm..... watcher in the water....
Edit2: Double-bladed swords for the Elves are in. 15 elves with 2H swords vs 15 elves with DB swords, and the DB won with 7 survivors (albeit with varying levels of injury). Good, good. Battle axes, however, need a hefty nerfing.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 08:09:44 pm by existent »
[DF 0.31.13]  ۝ War of the Ring Mod ۝  [WotR 0.13.3]

War of the Ring is back baby!
A mod based on Lord of the Rings, by JRR Tolkien.

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 17, 2010, 08:33:27 pm »

Results from the arena are in!

Introducing the Double-bladed sword, and nerfing the axe, resulted in dwarves generally sucking. I toughened 'em up a bit to compensate. Here's the breakdown:
Unarmed Dwarves vs Unarmed Elves: Dwarves win handily
Axedwarves vs Double-bladed Swordelves: Elves win handily
Axe-Elves vs DBS-Elves: Virtual Tie
Axedwarves vs DBS-Dwarves: Axedwarves by a landslide

The main feature of the DBS is it has a larger number of attacks, which the elves' agility takes advantage of. In dwarven hands, however, their raw strength and lack of finesse makes it more of a bat than a sword.

On a related note, I have an official request of the modding community: Can I get a utility that allows me to put in set parameters, (perhaps in a text file, like worldgen seeds or embark profiles) that would set up an arena fight, automatically run the battle 100 times, and then give me the results when it's all over? Like whatever trippy program they use for Greatest Warrior or whatever that show is called. That would come in handy, if I could just say "let 15 DBS-Elves whack 15 Axedwarves" and then see the outcome of 100, or whatever number, battles.

andfhe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 17, 2010, 10:02:54 pm »

Results from the arena are in!

Introducing the Double-bladed sword, and nerfing the axe, resulted in dwarves generally sucking. I toughened 'em up a bit to compensate. Here's the breakdown:
Unarmed Dwarves vs Unarmed Elves: Dwarves win handily
Axedwarves vs Double-bladed Swordelves: Elves win handily
Axe-Elves vs DBS-Elves: Virtual Tie
Axedwarves vs DBS-Dwarves: Axedwarves by a landslide

The main feature of the DBS is it has a larger number of attacks, which the elves' agility takes advantage of. In dwarven hands, however, their raw strength and lack of finesse makes it more of a bat than a sword.

On a related note, I have an official request of the modding community: Can I get a utility that allows me to put in set parameters, (perhaps in a text file, like worldgen seeds or embark profiles) that would set up an arena fight, automatically run the battle 100 times, and then give me the results when it's all over? Like whatever trippy program they use for Greatest Warrior or whatever that show is called. That would come in handy, if I could just say "let 15 DBS-Elves whack 15 Axedwarves" and then see the outcome of 100, or whatever number, battles.

That would be the deadliest warrior, and I'm not entirely sure they didn't just make that program up.
There may be a program, but I don't believe so. A quick search will give you your answer.
Also, I got hobbit nobles to work finally with the new download.
Well if you remove the [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] tag from dwarves I think they have like 2-4 children each time they give birth. And if you get enough mothers up on the pillars you can probably get a good waterfall going.

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 17, 2010, 10:04:30 pm »

That would be the deadliest warrior, and I'm not entirely sure they didn't just make that program up.
There may be a program, but I don't believe so. A quick search will give you your answer.
Also, I got hobbit nobles to work finally with the new download.
Me either, but nevertheless.... I want one.
Good, sorry it took me so long to get it fixed.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 18, 2010, 06:43:17 am »

This looks pretty epic so far, gonna download it and test it out!  You plan to add mithril?  That'd be something cool for the dwarves and elves to play with.  If it's not in yet, I might take a crack at making it myself.  XD

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 18, 2010, 10:13:12 am »

This looks pretty epic so far, gonna download it and test it out!  You plan to add mithril?  That'd be something cool for the dwarves and elves to play with.  If it's not in yet, I might take a crack at making it myself.  XD
Actually, it already is in. It replaces adamantine, and only dwarves and elves can use it. I guess I forgot to put it in the features list, thanks for pointing that out.

Edit: I'm adding Lofn's Black Lung Mod for the next update. Basically, any Elf or Human that mines coal on a repeat basis will start to get miner's cough. The more they're exposed to it, the worse it'll get. I might be persuaded to make it affect hobbits as well.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 10:32:59 am by existent »

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 31.12] ۝ War of the Ring Mod ۝ [WotR 0.13]
« Reply #97 on: August 18, 2010, 11:03:06 am »

Version 0.13 Released.

I was going to wait on this one, but we were just one shy of 50 downloads, so I rushed it. Don't worry, I didn't throw anything in there that hasn't been tested, I just didn't get to put as much in it as I wanted.
Changes:
I increased Ents strength almost seven-fold
Gave hobbits access to axes
introduced Haradrim (Since they're assassins, they've got both LOCKPICKER, and TRAP AVOIDER)
Introduced Mumakil
Barrow Wights (they've got a syndrome with paralysis, but drop a decent sword upon death.)
Toughened Dwarves
Added DBS
Nerfed Axe
Added "Scavenged Breastplate"/"Scavenged Mail" (Orc Armor. Not as nice as equivalent armor of the same material. Also, it will degrade over time.)
Added Orcs/Orc Civ (not playable yet)
Added Goblins (not civ yet)
Lowered Population Requirement For Sieges
Added Black Lung disease (see earlier post)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 11:08:36 am by existent »

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 18, 2010, 11:20:39 am »

Yeah, I opened the raws and found it.  Good choice, dig deeper and find the balrogs!

I -did- change the color to the same as silver/platinum/aluminum, since I don't think mithril would be the dark color it was, but that's a personal preference.

I started up with the elves (I noticed you left "civ_controllable" on dwarves, hobbits, and elves.  Might want to give a warning about that so people remember to choose their civilization and not embark with the wrong race.) and the first world I genned gave me this really nifty waterfall location.  In true Tolkien elf fashion, I have been mining and building my fortress around it to integrate it with my fortress design, as the brook is both walkable - natural road - and the waterfall goes into a 3-z level deep canyon with steep sides.  Perfect caravan road.  Plus, it gives my elves happy thoughts constantly as the only entrance is straight through the waterfall. XD

Sadly, now you've just released a new version!  New folder of DF yet again, lol.  I want to keep my waterfall for a bit.  But I will download and test it with the new races, too!

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 18, 2010, 11:23:20 am »

All playable races are listed as such on the features page. Right now, that includes Elves, Hobbits, and Dwarves, but more are to come.

And I know exactly what you mean. I've got three folders of DF dedicated to WotR, one that's straight vanilla, and then one with Ironhand's tileset and one with Phoebus'.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 18, 2010, 11:34:05 am »

Ah, I see it now.  -is slow-

Haha, yeah, cats aren't the only multiplying problem with DF.  So many folders...

andfhe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 18, 2010, 03:31:16 pm »

Should wargs and forgotten beasts make civilizations?

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 18, 2010, 03:33:34 pm »

Who. What. I... don't..... even....

shit. I'll, uh, I don't even know. What the fuck did I do.

Edit: I never even touched forgotten beasts. I have no idea what's going on.
Edit2: Well, I can confirm that shit is fucked up all over, but I. Don't. Know. Why.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 03:40:21 pm by existent »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 18, 2010, 03:42:39 pm »

Who. What. I... don't..... even....

shit. I'll, uh, I don't even know. What the fuck did I do.

Edit: I never even touched forgotten beasts. I have no idea what's going on.
Edit2: Well, I can confirm that shit is fucked up all over, but I. Don't. Know. Why.
dublicate object error probably, happens alot, a commen thing is creatures making civs followed closely by boiling teleporting leather.
Nom nom nom

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 18, 2010, 03:43:49 pm »

so, I've got two of the same creature? Probably goblins. Little fuckers.
Edit: Yup. Fucking goblins, man. I forgot to switch [CREATURE:GOBLIN] when I copied goblins over to use as a template for orcs. Thanks a bazillion  Kilakan.
Edit2: Version 0.13.1 Released. Kilakan saves the day.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 03:50:18 pm by existent »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9