Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Phoenix 303 - The Lester Conflict  (Read 6433 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Phoenix 303 - The Lester Conflict
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2010, 04:53:15 pm »

Lankton, you find the mob gathered outside the Ackrian ambassador's room.  Awkward.  You do have a few quiet words with the mob leader, though.

[Persuasion check: 50 + 39 vs d100 =  61  (Success!)]

The mob talk amongst themselves and agree to go back to the station bars.  Before they do, as a gesture of goodwill they all hug Ga ra'Lacrine Hackra.

Ga ra'Lacrine Hackra:  You've just been mugged - someone pinched your credit slip right out of your pocket.  Lose 1 Cash before the slip is cancelled.  A new one is issued immediately.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2010, 08:32:52 am »

(OOC:aahhh! I was trying to post a response yesterday but my internet kept going out on me and now I've been mugged. And I mightn't be able to get online until thursday)
Edit: I might be able to get a stable connection after all!
Edit 2: I souldn't write while peoccupied, my post now makes 20% more sense

The speach forming in his mind vanished as some Keltonians came up and hugged him. He shuddered a bit, it wasn't that he disliked touching Keltonians. They were just comparitively well built and muscluar. He couldn't help but feel a helpless, fagile twig in their grasp.
After the slightly bewildering events the Keltonians began drifing off.
A niggling thought spurred him to check his posessions and for the first time in public Lacrine swore.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 03:59:43 pm by Jerick »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2010, 02:50:30 pm »

finally all the Preparations have been made. Irech went back to his ship to give last orders, before the operation could begin. Inside a buzz of activity was going on and emotional farewells were exchanged. Irech was searching for the only ones staying on the ship. After searching for a while Irech found his two siblings in the breeding room, like every Ni'hirc ship this had also a small breeding chamber containing several eggs.

His sisters kneeled in front of one and spoke in a low whistling noise with it. Patiently he waited for the ritual to end.

After a while his sisters finally stopped their chanting and turned around to their brother.

I'arca you know what to do if we don't return?

his small sister nodded in accordance. Both were about 4 months old and could already fly a ship, steal and were able to use weapons. They could fend for themselves. Interestingly however a Ni'hirc is not able to speak until his 8 month. Before that he can only emit a whistling sound which the young ones use to stimulate the hatching of the eggs.

If we don't return you start the ship and meet up with uncle, understood? He will add our ship to his own and take care of you...

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2010, 03:46:55 pm »

ok i go right through the door. If it is locked i shoot it open with heavy weaponry. Then my people storm the quarter shoot any possible guards, kill the Ambassador and plant the bomb in such a manner that it looks like an stuporous try to disguise it as an terrorist attack, then escape and get rid of the whole equipment.

Ambassador Trill:  You are just getting ready to go to the meeting when you hear the sound of an explosion coming from down the hallway outside of your room.  You peer out of your quarters to see smoke at the far end of the corridor - guards nearby are rushing towards it, pistols drawn.  You can just make out what look like four-armed figures striding through the smoke.

What do you do?
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2010, 09:03:11 am »

Lankton looks around.  If he can make it to the hallway, the best bet is to run toward a central area.  If not, and they're coming for him, hiding is useless- the only option is try to talk them out of doing anything rash, or at least stall until help arrives.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2010, 11:25:57 am »

Lankton Trill

Seeing a clean path toward the other end of the hallway, you break into a run.  Behind you, you hear the distinctive scream then burst of plasma rounds.  You spare a glance behind you to see one of the guards already half-burned away and melting beneath the heavy weapons fire.  Another round streams straight towards your direction!

[Acrobatics:  50 + 16 - 32 + 5 (circ bonus) vs d100  =  58 (Success - Barely)]

Screaming in surprise you drop into a hastily executed barrel roll.  It's horribly ineffective and you nearly end up tangled in your own arms and legs but you just avoid the gout of magnetically contained plasma hurtling past you.  The heat from it singes away part of your clothing, though.

[Detect Roll: +9 vs d10 = 11 - Minor Success]

You catch a glimpse of the assassins as they step out of the smoke, firing blaster shots at the second guard until he turns into a heap of steaming slag.  Ackrian uniforms, four arms with membranes between them but... only two arms holding the plasma rifles.  Two of the arms are just held to their side, fingers bunched into fists.  Hard to make anything else out under the extensive body armour.

You try and call out for them to reason with you and they respond with another plasma burst.

[Acrobatics:  50 + 16 - 32 + 25 (circ bonus) vs d100  =  2 (Crit Success)]

You duck this one more readily and force yourself into a heavy burst of speed.  Your lungs burn, but you manage to slip through a bulkhead door into the main concourse (Commercial District) and shut it behind you.  There are quite a few guards around - also many, many innocent civilians.

Other Ambassadors & Station Staff

An alarm goes off, warning of terrorist attack in the main concourse.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2010, 03:17:13 pm »

Lacrine paused as an alarm sounded.
What to do? Run for the Palis? Head towards the terriorists and find out what was going on? or Simply hide with security staff waiting for it to blow over?
He had never been one for caution.
He broke into a run for the concourse dashing hard.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2010, 03:57:36 pm »

Honesty is the best policy here, muses Lankton.

He stands up and shouts, "There are Ackrian assassins aboard this station, attempting to disrupt the peace talks!  Civilians, take cover!"

With that, he gets away from the bulkhead and toward any security he sees.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2010, 07:37:56 am »

The bulkhead door explodes in a mess of molten shrapnel and plasma.  Five assassins step out of the wreckage and start opening fire on the security guards.  Lankton tries to take cover behind the guards.

[Acrobatics:  50 + 16 - 32 + 15 (circ bonus) vs d100  =  13 (Success)]

Lankton manages to escape the bolt of plasma headed his way, but the guard he was hiding behind is less fortunate.  He dissolves into a heap of melting, burning slag.  The firefight continues, but fortunately Lankton's warning gave most of the civilians enough time to take over.

[Acrobatics:  50 + 16 - 32 vs d100  =  19 (Success)]

Lankton continues to avoid the plasma, diving for cover.  Taking a glance at events in progress, it looks like things aren't going well for the assassins.  Two of their number have already been shot down by security's conventional pistols.  Seeing that things are failing, the remaining assassins back away through the door, vaporising their lost companions with plasma bursts.  One of them, possibly the leader, takes one last shot at Lankton before departing.

[Rifle:  50 + 32 - 16 + 5 (circ bonus) vs d100  = 35 (Success)]

Lankton's luck couldn't last forever.  While trying to move for more cover, a bolt of plasma sears across his back, burning away much of his skin and flesh.

[Lankton takes (2d6) 7 hp damage from Plasma fire - down to 1 hp.]

With the last hit managed, the assassins escape back the way they came.  About this point, Ambassador Hackra arrives on the scene.  Everyone on the station hears the alert, as well;  "All traffic to and from the station has been halted until the terrorists are found."
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 07:42:25 am by Iituem »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2010, 10:03:01 am »

"MEEEEEEEEEDDDDIIIIIIIICCCCCCC!!!"

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2010, 10:08:49 am »

Irech manages a confused face. While his two brothers go back to the ship, Irech stops by a guard post.

May i ask whats the reason for the lockdown?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2010, 10:46:09 am »

Guards arrive quickly to carry the seriously wounded Ambassador to the Medical Bay.  (Toaster, you are free to roleplay one of Lankton's aides while Lankton remains in intensive care.)

-------

One of the guards raises an eyebrow at Irech.

"What, you a heavy sleeper or something?  You didn't hear all the alarms?  Terrorists on the station.  Sorry, but nobody leaves until this is sorted out."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2010, 12:28:21 pm »

((Do I need to roll a full character?  I don't know how long he'll be out of the action))

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2010, 12:29:51 pm »

((Do I need to roll a full character?  I don't know how long he'll be out of the action))

((Just use Lankton's stats.  Unless he's finished off, he'll be ready to use later.))

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2010, 12:51:01 pm »

Lacrine asks around tring to figure out what the hell is going on.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6