Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Knocked in a lake  (Read 1425 times)

Conflict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Knocked in a lake
« on: August 11, 2010, 03:25:39 pm »

Yeaaah, so I was knocked in a lake. Any way I can get out? There's no ramps, and alt - arrow key doesn't seem to work. I can't fast travel either.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: Knocked in a lake
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 03:30:03 pm »

if you are drowning then you will die, not much to do about it except drown.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 01:41:10 am »

You new guys need to understand that adventure mode just ain't nothin' but Fun.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 09:11:18 am »

it's actually the whole reason a play the darn thing, to lose to play again to lose to...

TheyTarget

• Bay Watcher
  • Memento Mori
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 01:41:37 pm »

Pick up mud and throw it at whatever was attacking you till it dies. Then fast travel. That or throw your sword.
Code: [Select]
This is a platinum warhammer. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. it menaces with spikes of platinum.
there is an image of the goblin Utes Gozrusrozsnus and dwarves in elf bone. The goblin is making a plaintive gesture. the dwarves are striking a menacing pose.
this image relates to the slaying of Utes Gozrusroz

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 03:17:43 pm »

Moving around the edges and trying to sneak can let you fast travel. That is, if theres no water in it. If there is and you dont have swimming skill, you die! But worry not, adventurers are very expendable. I once 'enriched' the history of a new fortress site by killing off a few dozen adventurers there. Neat engraving of adventurers dying in silly ways!
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Javarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 06:24:06 pm »

Don't worry, Eventually every adventurer dies, Weither it be some bull shit lucky wolf, Biteing off more then we can chew. Or drowning from a horrible dodge. Stumbling apon a GCS. The point is, Theres no way to avoid it anything short of retireing.
“When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool you end up looking like a moron instead.”
― Robin Hobb, Assassin's Apprentice

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 08:48:59 am »

Or dieing of old age!... we really need to test that...
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Javarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 09:11:40 am »

Or dieing of old age!... we really need to test that...

Thats an urban myth.
“When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool you end up looking like a moron instead.”

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 09:22:17 am »

We should still test it.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Comrade_Fregge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2010, 09:30:13 am »

All races(exept for goblins and elves) have max ages written in the raws. I guess those applies to adventurers aswell as anyone else.

Javarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2010, 09:32:40 am »

I doubt anyone has made it to the age limit in adventurer. You useally get killed off by some bastard lucky wolf. Almost as lucky as a little girl punching out a GCS.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2010, 10:42:35 am »

How badass will it be to have a 135 year old adventurer though?! But I wonder what happens when you hit the age cap. Do you just shed a tear, put your cap to your heart, mumble something poetic and drop dead?
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Miko19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2010, 01:02:57 pm »

Don't worry, Eventually every adventurer dies, Weither it be some bull shit lucky wolf, Biteing off more then we can chew. Or drowning from a horrible dodge. Stumbling apon a GCS. The point is, Theres no way to avoid it anything short of retireing.
Or a bull's shit itself.

Foehamster

• Bay Watcher
  • Zig Frostrushes The Speachless Eater of Saints
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2010, 04:07:48 pm »

I don't know about anyone else, but when Toady implements worldgen restarting and adventure mode digging I'll ramp up megabeasts and do some awesomeness in year one. I may even play an elf adventurer so I can keep using him throughout the centuries.

Imagine the engravings! [especially if said adventurers roamed below the magma sea]

Also I wonder how five development changes around areas that are open.