Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Pixel adventures  (Read 2135 times)

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pixel adventures
« on: August 11, 2010, 09:24:06 am »

This is the adventure of a tiny robot who suddenly finds itself on a land. You can say what it should do next and 1 of the players who said what it should do next will be randomly picked but only if he/she didn't want to do something impossible. Keep checking the 1st post for the updated picture and possibilities. Here are the rules and the picture.

Since that image is said to be too small. Here is the exact same but larger image.

During a turn you can do 1 of the following:
1. Do a spot check, reveals an area around you. 2xroll pixels in each direction but divided by 6 if through solid pixels.
2. Do a listen check, depending on the roll you can hear various stuff.
3.Move, moves you in a direction. You get 2xroll move points. For each move point you move 1 pixel. Each pixel up or down (Only at slopes and in water.) takes double move points. If you are unable to go down or up a slope then your turn will end at the beginning of the slope. You can't move into unexplored areas either. You can also limit how far the robot goes. If the normal distance is below the limit then it will just move like you would without the limit. All movement in water takes double move points.
More options will come and some options will change after certain happenings. There will also be a lot special options that will only be shown in the other posts where I explain what happened during a turn. If you have any questions just ask.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 12:56:50 pm by ottottott »

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pixel adventures
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 09:45:15 am »

This isn't really a RTD, move it please.

Sense our suroundings with our mind!
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 09:50:27 am »

spot check!
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 09:51:06 am »

Quote from: RTD Standard 1.0 ruleset
    The GM (Game Master) posts a situation the players are in. The players then post their actions, according to the conditions GM sets. The GM then rolls for the actions' results, and writes them out in his post. Then the players post actions again, ad infinitum.

The action results are defined by a six-sided die roll:
    [1]: Epic Fail. Your efforts only worsened your situation.
    [2]: Fail. Your skills or luck were insufficient.
    [3]: Meager success: The situation didn't improve by as much as you have intended.
    [4]: Success: Your efforts were sufficient to achieve your goal.
    [5]: Epic Success: Your skills and luck have combined to ensure your success.
    [6]: Overshot: Your efforts were more than required for the goal's completion, and your luck is such that unfortunate side-effects are inevitable.

If at any time something threatens a player, that player may make a roll to avoid the threat
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 10:04:52 am »

Um... OK... I'm doing a spot check but is this really not a RTD? Very much is decided by what the roll is.
You rolled a 2 for the spot check. The vision field should be a bit more round but this way it is easier. You rolled a 5 for the terrain generation. I hope the image isn't too small. Anyways don't forget to check the 1st post. If you need to see it better press ctrl and + Or ctrl and scroll the mouse wheel.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 10:07:45 am by ottottott »

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 10:13:34 am »

right.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 10:52:30 am »

Um... OK... I'm doing a spot check but is this really not a RTD? Very much is decided by what the roll is.
You rolled a 2 for the spot check. The vision field should be a bit more round but this way it is easier. You rolled a 5 for the terrain generation. I hope the image isn't too small. Anyways don't forget to check the 1st post. If you need to see it better press ctrl and + Or ctrl and scroll the mouse wheel.

In most rtdīs  you can do pretty much anything. (within and beyond reason)
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 10:53:52 am »

Going right! Oh dear! You rolled a 1. You only move 2 spaces to the right. Oh and I added to the moving option an option to choose how much to move. (max) Because sometimes you don't want to go as far as possible.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 10:56:21 am »

Yeah, this isn't really an RTD by any definition. Many games use dice; not all games that use dice are RTDs. It would be best to move this to the Forum Games and Roleplaying section.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 10:58:59 am »

Aww! OK! This will be moved in a few minutes. (It seemed I can move it myself. Right?)

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2010, 10:59:32 am »

yeah, that's fine.

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2010, 11:09:32 am »

OK! Moved! I hope this won't change the games popularity.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2010, 11:13:04 am »

this is just like the other pixle thing, the image is IMPOSSIBLE to see, even zoomed in...

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2010, 12:01:18 pm »

Ok! I zoomed it in. Please still keep the commands coming.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 12:04:22 pm by ottottott »

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2010, 12:05:02 pm »

spot check
Pages: [1] 2