Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Radical Feminism  (Read 2274 times)

Africa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Radical Feminism
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2010, 03:13:30 am »

Presumably when people talk about "radical" feminism they're talking about small bands of wackos who think women it's morally imperative for women to be lesbians and that everything a man has ever done is part of a massive psychically-controlled conspiracy to objectify women

because basically every woman in the western world identifies herself as a feminist and most educated, civilized men agree with the basics of feminism too, i.e. that people shouldn't have opportunities blocked off to them because of their gender
Quote from: Cthulhu
It's like using hobos to fight an eating-resistant baloney epidemic.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2010, 04:56:58 am »

No no no no, don't make this thread more serious, it was starting to go in such a hilarious direction :(

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2010, 04:59:30 am »

All he wanted was to be badass.  But the feminists wouldn't let him.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2010, 05:26:37 am »

Personally, I can't stand radical/extremist feminism, just like I hate any other group that seeks to empower itself over another group. But the radical feminists? You know, the ones who say men are evil and they are worthless and that women would be fine if all men were dead because they can have babies using technology instead of ever having men?
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2010, 05:40:12 am »

And your point is..?
Love, scriver~

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2010, 05:50:26 am »

I intentionally left out 'I think I made my point.'

Which apparently I didn't make my point, which was that they sound absolutely stupid and all hate men and believe women should be far superior. Which they shouldn't hate men nor should they believe women should be far superior.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2010, 05:53:37 am »

Radical feminists are teaming up with space Muslims to burn American flags and bust American balls!  Only the baddest ass of all badasses can stop them...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 05:55:17 am by Footkerchief »

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2010, 05:56:03 am »

Personally, I can't stand radical/extremist feminism, just like I hate any other group that seeks to empower itself over another group. But the radical feminists? You know, the ones who say men are evil and they are worthless and that women would be fine if all men were dead because they can have babies using technology instead of ever having men?
[crude comment removed - tt]
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 06:41:06 am by ThreeToe »

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2010, 05:57:49 am »

Okay. Feminism, despite its name, has the goal of merely equality. Not switching the status quo to favor women. Radical feminists do not seek to do so either. What gives radical feminism its name is the degree to which they believe men are favored.

Now, OP, if you seem to think your masculinity is in danger because the difference between masculinity and femininity defines it, then there is a bit of a problem here, but that's another can of worms I'd rather not diverge into.

Hate to say it but you are wrong, you underestimate humanities abilities to take things to the extremes. There are extremist feminists who believe women to be superior to men they even manage to get a disproportionate amount of attention from media leading to some moderate feminists preferring not to be called feminists at all due to the potential negative connotations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminism
Feminism refers to political, cultural, and economic movements aimed at establishing greater, equal, or, some argue, superior rights and participation in society for women and girls
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2010, 06:00:05 am »

Radical feminists are teaming up with space Muslims to burn American flags and bust American balls!  Only the baddest ass of all badasses can stop them...
Epic Novel with 30 Equally Epic Sequals: Chuck Norris

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2010, 06:00:26 am »

"Some argue"?  It actually says "some argue"?  Somebody do Wikipedia's credibility a favor and fix that shit.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2010, 06:02:33 am »

"Some argue"?  It actually says "some argue"?  Somebody do Wikipedia's credibility a favor and fix that shit.

To what? "many argue"?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2010, 06:04:18 am »

Yeah I saw that and instantly assumed that Jreengus had edited out the [who?]

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2010, 06:05:55 am »

I'm assuming it's survived many a revert war. I actually settled for that quote because I couldn't be bothered finding the more relevant page which I was looking for.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Mazonas

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2010, 06:07:32 am »

man, I'd love to know what specifically you have an issue with.  Which group has been making these claims that men should all die and that women can have babies without them, and where did you hear this?  I'm a fairly active feminist, and all the feminist online stuff I engage in is really, really keen to engage with men, get more men members and sort out the ways the current gender roles hurt both men and women.  I thought man-hating feminism of the men-deserve-to-die mentality died out in the first or second wave.
All is gems and pregnancy
All is gems and pregnancy
All is gems and pregnancy and apes!
Pages: 1 [2] 3