Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dual Wielding  (Read 1057 times)

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dual Wielding
« on: August 10, 2010, 03:44:24 pm »

Is there any actual advantage conferred by having multiple weapons or shields equipped at once?

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: Dual Wielding
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 03:53:16 pm »

shields, yes. weapons, no. you can technically wield many shields and a weapon as a glitch with (r)emove doesn't check if any hands are available. multiple weapons do nothing, unless you are caught in a rare situation where the enemy steals a weapon and you don't have to bother removing another one. otherwise, it's completely useless.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 07:11:08 pm »

Unfortunately, as of now duelwielding weapons are almost pretty useless. Unlike punching someone where your alternate hands, you simply keep stabbing with your "main" weapon unless it gets hacked up & forces use to use the other.

And also because of the "(r)emove" glitch(?) you can actually hold a crap load of swords in both hands and it won't make a difference...unless you use them as throwing swords.

I've read about the multiple shield thing...but I'm not really sure about it's effects (skill gain or use wise).
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 09:29:18 pm »

well,  I was playing a modded four armed adventurer today , and with three shields and adequate shield user level, I reached master in half an hour of play time, with just ambushes, and only ever seemed to get hit from behind or the side. perhaps there's a block roll for each shield?

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 10:02:31 pm »

well,  I was playing a modded four armed adventurer today , and with three shields and adequate shield user level, I reached master in half an hour of play time, with just ambushes, and only ever seemed to get hit from behind or the side. perhaps there's a block roll for each shield?
i do believe it has something to do with sneak (behind) attacks that seem to negate the effects of shield, side attacks which probably do so partially.