Ignore

Nothing
- 0 (0%)
Nothing else
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 21, 2010, 03:27:14 pm

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Starcorp RTD-Killed. Go home. Scram. Away with you.  (Read 10456 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Starcorp RTD-It's Starting!
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2010, 10:39:42 am »

Westar is now hiring! Unlike other corps, we buy your ship from you, at full retail price! You retain all rights as captain-all we require is that your ship be modified to fit Westar reqs! Join Westar today...join the good guys.

Name of ship: Galen's Flush
History: The captain won this ship in a 24 galactic hour long poker tournament. It's been with him ever since, and shows signs of obvious battle damage and hasty repairs. Can you guess his winning hand?
Captain's name: Galen White
Type of ship: MOD-02, 2C: ($120 000)
Level 5 engine (60k)
Equipment: (4/4)
2x Light Canister (30k)
2x Tiny Vacuum (30k)

Cost; 240.000

Total cost: 240.000
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 10:55:09 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2010, 11:10:04 am »

RP Post!

/opening channel
buffering....

Host: Tonight on USEC Business Talk, we have a special guest, with us for the "5 minute Grill", a short interview session. With us now, is the part CEO of Westar Galactic, Desmond Orange. As we all know, your company has recently been given a lucrative contract to mine the E-12342 system. It was quite a fight in the Senate. Your company was personally called a "destabilizing force"-you were barely approved as it is. Care to respond to these accusations?

Orange: Well, you know, theres politics and theres business. I'm just a business man. I can't tell you what goes on behind closed doors, but lets just say competition is always fierce, no matter the arena. The work we do? To be frank, it's bloodwork. People are going to die. We don't sit in the safety of Old Sol and mine scraps. What people *need* to survive, is out there on the frontier. And we're the ones that will get it for them. I won't apologize for that.

Host: Fair enough. Now, let's move on to your competition. You've got some heavy hitters to contend with. Do you think things will get ugly? You know the old saying "people have killed for less". Think that applies here?

Orange: I doubt it. I mean, greedy corps having gun battles in the the souless depths of space over resources? That's a bit too Scifi for me.

Host: *laughs* True enough. Now, for a commercial break. Stick around, because when we come back, we'll have have our expose on Julius Wilder-real threat or disaster waiting to happen? You decide.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Blackdutchie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2010, 02:53:10 pm »

RP Post 2 (Of lesser quality than the first, and shamelessly plagiarizing the idea!)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 03:18:43 pm by Blackdutchie »
Quote from: Bauglir
Quote from: Flying Carcass
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
The first lesson taught by DF is patience.
The second: Madness.
The third: Magma, properly applied, solves all problems.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2010, 04:29:08 pm »

1. Can we collect resources and move on the same turn?

A: Yes, but the collection will be affected by how many movement points you spent collecting (i.e. not moving.)

2. Will we face danger to our ships *other* than fellow players? Like NPC pirates/disgruntled indys gaurding resources?

A: Of course.

3. If I don't buy prospecting equipment, does that hamper my collection in any way, other than being surprised when one is empty?

A: You won't find out if that asteroid field has gas in it or not. It is a useful tool, but you don't want a lot of them. A fast ship with prospecting equipment will work fine.

4. How many turns are we going to do at once? Doing it one at a time would be....lol.

A: Simultaneous movenment my friend, simultaneous movement. ie All ships move at the same time.

5. Is it possible to form alliances?

A: You can make any deals you want with another player. I'm not here to interfere with that kind of stuff.

Also, Ted is now a cyborg. Putting up background to explain why he is, why everybody hates him, and why everybody is using 1000 year old tech.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 04:31:51 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

Blackdutchie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2010, 05:00:18 pm »

Awesome!
The Awesome adventures of Bill and Ted, the hated cyborg. Watch them bicker (well, Bill bickers, Ted shrugs) as they slave under harsh corporate oppression!

Nimitz

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Close
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2010, 10:46:24 pm »

Aeon Security Services would like to order a ship, and will be assigning this captain to command it.

Name of ship: Pioneer
Captain's name: Richard Yates
Type of ship: Girder (100k)
Equipment: Level 6 engine (65k)
Prospecting equipment (10k)
2 light mining tools (30k)
Small container (40k)
Cost: 245,000

I assume you can make upgrades to your ship after you bought them?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 11:17:18 am by Nimitz »

Blackdutchie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2010, 03:46:13 am »

Quote from: USEC_OFFICER
Equipment: (List all equipment that will be on the ship. Equipment can be changed latter. Don't feel that you have to fill all equipment slots.)

I think so, yeah.

I have a question:
Will new resource fields spawn after the old ones have been cleared out?
(in different locations, of course.)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 04:01:48 am by Blackdutchie »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2010, 12:38:04 pm »

I have a question:
Will new resource fields spawn after the old ones have been cleared out?
(in different locations, of course.)

They will spawn. Also, all resource fields will move around, due to gravity from the two stars and what not. (I should think of a way to indicate where they will be moving, for next turn.)

Waiting on Maxicaxi.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 12:48:07 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2010, 07:29:36 pm »

Waiting for Maxi!

So bored...how about some Ideas? I'm bad with numbers lol, I hope I give ya ideas-we got a basic military ship, which should be expensive, a defenseless mass freighter, milenn...er, really fast smuggling ship, and a blatant steal from homeworld ;)
For space, I've crunched them together, but these could easily be spun off into entirely new ships.

'Stiletto': $???,???
Armor: ?
Equipment slots: ?
MILITARY GRADE (Weapons systems only take up half their normal equipment slot space)
EXPENSIVE UPKEEP (Repairs cost an additional ?? credits per armor point)
Description: The "Stiletto" is a well-known, widely used military vessel. Designated a Gunboat, it's the smallest vessel known that uses military grade "plug and play" hard points-it can adopt a wide array of weapons, and pack a nasty punch for such a small ship.. While not prohibitively expensive, it is a complex ship-expensive repair costs can seriously cut into the bottom line, which somewhat discourages its use by corps, at least those who are not at war.

'Type 442 Heavy Hauler (Wagoneer)': $???,???
Armour: ?
REPAIR BAYS: (This ship automatically restores ?? points of armor to friendly vessels in the same sector per turn. You still pay the usual cost as if you were repairing armor at a station)
EXPOSED (+1 to critical hits taken on this ship)
BULKY (Enemies firing upon this vessel get +25% to hit, And any weapons firing from this ship get -25% to hit)
Description:  Developed by the renowned ship designer Dra Gnar, this beast is one of the largest ships ever built-the power systems alone are a revolution in efficiency and output, not to mention the unknown composite alloy used in its superstructure. In fact, it is large enough to contain its own onboard manufacturing plant-it can perform self-repair, on itself and others. Of course, everything has a catch. This ship was never meant for combat-it’s a sitting duck, and despite its size, is prone to massive chain reactive damage to its internals. One wonders if the designer was building it to some utopian ideal and not real world situations.

'Star Thrasher': $???,???
SOUPED UP ENGINES (This ship gains 2 additional points of speed-you still can’t go above 10 speed.)
EMRGENCY THRUSTERS: (This ship can reroll a failed attempt to dodge damaging enemy fire, 6 times-this ability, once exhausted, does not recharge unless this ship docks in a space port. This can’t be used more than twice to dodge a single shot.)
ECM PACKAGE : (This ship gets +??% to dodge enemy seeking weapons such as torpedoes and missiles)

Description: The "Star Thrasher” civilian corvette is a dream made reality-affordable, maneuverable and very well built. While it’s nothing to look at, having discarded the fake “Aerodynamic” look popular in most civilian space craft, it has a super efficient energy package, and many special defensive features. Most favorable being the Scramm Emergency Thruster system, which is a experimental backup generator that provides emergency power to the engines during combat situations, and the Shadow Panther Holo ECM, used to deceive enemy missiles. Inquiries into how exactly these technologies ended up in a “civilian” craft have been met with silence.

'Spring Lotus' Class Hive Carrier: $???,???
REPAIR DRONES (This ship automatically restores ?? points of armor to friendly vessels in the same sector per turn. You still pay the usual cost as if you were repairing armor at a station.)
SHIELD DRONES: (All friendly ships in this ships hex gain +? to armor level-this bonus is deducted before any damage is done to the friendly ship.  Once the equivalent of (blah) Armor damage has been done, this ability is deactivated until this ship can dock at a spaceport and replenish its drones.)
WORK DRONES: (This ship increases the amount of resources gathered in its hex by 20%)
WAR DRONES: (All enemy ships in your hex take (blah) additional damage from any friendly ships successful attack on any enemy vessel. Once the equivalent of (blah) additional damage has been done, this ability is deactivated until this ship can dock at a spaceport and replenish its drones.)

Description: The "Spring Lotus” Hive Carrier is a new military vessel-epitomizing both ergonomic design and the desire of USEC to cut costs by scaling back on extensive crew compliments through drone tech. Shaped something like a flower, hence its name, this vessel contains hundreds of drone vessels-small, modifiable, computer controlled ships. They can be outfitted with scoops and vacuums for gathering, plasma cutters for quick hull repairs, or portable energy fields to help buffer friendly ships against enemy fire. They can also recognize enemy battle damage and use suicide attacks to cut their way into enemy vessels. Strong in a group of friends, in trouble when left alone…mind it well.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 07:51:25 pm by Dwarmin »

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2010, 09:24:49 am »

Name: The Jolly Dwarf
captain: Bob smith
Type: Girder
Equipment: Level 6 engine (65k)
Prospecting equipment (10k)
2 light mining tools (30k)
Small container (40k)
Cost: 245,000

god cant people pm me
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 11:42:39 pm by maxicaxi »
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2010, 10:59:33 am »

Hmm, since Maxi and Nimitz have decided on Ore mining to start, I'm switching my first ships equipment to gas mining. Now it's balanced...I've edited my post Usec.

See, it would be 3 of us mining ore-prices would drop a bit faster, and Blackdutchie would get alot more money since he would be the only one vacuuming gas ;)

Blackdutchie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2010, 11:11:25 am »

Blast! You've found me out!
And I would've gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling balance-oriented types!

Moving resources is interesting, btw. means that that little gas pocket i've been eyeing is not gonna perpetually hang about at 5 Distance Units from the base...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2010, 11:51:31 am »

Blast! You've found me out!
And I would've gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling balance-oriented types!

Moving resources is interesting, btw. means that that little gas pocket i've been eyeing is not gonna perpetually hang about at 5 Distance Units from the base...

Yeah, If you look around, you'll notice the little one is closest resource to the base atm, with the other 2 closest gas pockets hovering at about 10 range, one more at 15 range, and the 3 hex big gas clouds at about 20 range.

Asteroids, on the other hand, there are 4 located in 10 hex range from the base, and more are located at regular ranges in a circle emanating from the station.

So from what I figure

Gas Mining
Advantage: Early cash boost from closest cloud, large 3 hex clouds located on fringe, more money to be made-gas can't be mined as often, so prices should stay fairly high.

Disadvantage: Spread out unevenly-some are close, some far. Competition for gas clouds will be a bit more strenous. Will probably require really good engines to make a profit ahead of rival, depending on how far they can drift in a turn.

Gas Mining is good, but depending upon how much Maxi and Nimitz screw the ore market, it seem we *will* have to dip into that, just to make a more stable profit. And vice versa, as they seek to make a nice cash boost. Of course, you and Me dutchie, we can agree that we won't look to kindly to strangers nosing into our business, yah? ;)

Blackdutchie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2010, 12:19:25 pm »

quite.
though i suspect pirates would be a more imminent threat. also, with small containers holding 5k max resources, that means you get (at current prices) a 10k profit for your load. which means it'll take some turns to get enough cash to buy new ships which can be used to branch out into the other resource.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2010, 05:07:40 pm »

quite.
though i suspect pirates would be a more imminent threat. also, with small containers holding 5k max resources, that means you get (at current prices) a 10k profit for your load. which means it'll take some turns to get enough cash to buy new ships which can be used to branch out into the other resource.

Except prices increase every turn. That 5k load could easily turn a 50k profit (given how little you guys will be harvesting in the beginning.)

First turn will start when I finish with flavour.

EDIT: Knowing the name of the captain of the Jolly Dwarf would be nice.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 06:16:27 pm by USEC_OFFICER »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13