Ignore

Nothing
- 0 (0%)
Nothing else
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 21, 2010, 03:27:14 pm

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Starcorp RTD-Killed. Go home. Scram. Away with you.  (Read 10454 times)

Nimitz

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Close
    • View Profile
Re: Starcorp RTD-Turn 1: Jumping the Gun.
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2010, 06:06:56 pm »

Wow, Yates is a sneaky bastard. :P Anyhoo...

The Pioneer will head to the nearest asteroid field to the east to start mining.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2010, 11:52:11 pm »

move meh ship to the closest asteroid field and start mining
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 01:09:34 am by maxicaxi »
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2010, 12:06:28 pm »

I gave you two days and what did you give me!?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2010, 03:34:11 pm »

I gave you two days and what did you give me!?

Nothing?

Turn Actions: For lack of better words, I'm moving toward the gas cloud closest to the station, and positioning myself in between where it is and where it will be. I'll start mining there.

Galen White gave the order to undock, glad he had been able to thwart the AEON scums petty trick. And a bit annoyed he hadn't thought of it himself...he did a quick diagnostic. Gas pumps, at a hundred percent efficency, storage tanks, maximum pressure. Fusion engine...running a little wonky. He would have to send Ernesta to fix the magnetic field...again.

He tapped his holo-display and watched the system map pop-up. He saw his target-a small gas cloud floating near the base. Military Probes had put it at 78% high grade Helium. Nice. Helium was used heavily in Cryogenic Technology, which most people used to keep from dying of old age between space flights.

He wished his own ship had been able to fit sensor equipment, but, life is life...next payday, he might contact Westar HQ for the funds to hire up a "sensor mule"-usually an Ant class ship, a single pilot, equipped with only the bare minimum. Hell, most spacers he knew started out like that. It was dangerous work, but it got you a start, and you could learn skills that would keep you alive.

OOC: USEC, I assume I will take damage from my move correct? Running *into* a gas cloud/asteroid field, or it running into you, will it cause damage? If so, how much?

I'd like to say that cyrogenics are most often used by crazed dictators, and those with a lot of money. Most Helium is used a nonreactive gas or as fuel for larger fusion reactors found in major cities.

Also, there will be no damage. Your captain show know enough piloting to mavouver around/through an asteroid field or a gas cloud. They aren't as dense as you might think.

I'll be thinking of a way to do co-ordinates/changing colours to be more different. Turn up soon. Tomorrow.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 06:13:32 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2010, 03:06:16 am »

* techno65535 looks around for a turn.
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2010, 03:25:56 pm »

Right, seeing as we'll be spending the next 10 turns or so just mining, would it be okay if I automated turns until something exciting happens? (I'll also post every 10th turn, when the container ships arrive and everybody becomes wealthier.) You can post in detail, as much as you want, what your ships do while I automate. (Say, mine the closest fields near Austin-Ega or something.)

And I'm not just saying this because I don't have turn 2 ready. Not at all.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2010, 03:28:38 pm »

Automation would probably be a reasonable idea.

And if my corp is to come in can you give me time to confirm my ship selection, terms might change.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2010, 03:30:10 pm »

Automation would probably be a reasonable idea.

And if my corp is to come in can you give me time to confirm my ship selection, terms might change.

Of course.

Blackdutchie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2010, 04:49:10 pm »

Instructions for automation:
Girder ship with vacuums will stay at the gas field closest to austin-ega, move to the closest if closest changes. If a gas cloud is emptied of gas, move to next gas cloud.
Ant ship will stay with girder ship, loading it's canister. It will stop loading it's canister when projected amount of gas loaded is greater than the amount that can yet be stored. in that case it will move to austin-ega and sell it's loaded gas, after which it will return to the girder for further loading.
(to clarify: The girder has 2 vacuums, the ant has 1 small canister. after 2 turns loading up gas it should have 4k gas out of 5k capacity. it is then more efficient to unload the 4k and fly back than stay another turn for the last 1000 gas.)
Quote from: Bauglir
Quote from: Flying Carcass
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
The first lesson taught by DF is patience.
The second: Madness.
The third: Magma, properly applied, solves all problems.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2010, 05:28:33 pm »

Fine by me.

Automation:
Clever Dream runs around scanning various mining areas. If the gas cloud it was sent to first has ore in it then the Samson diverts to it first. It then moves to the nearest asteroid field and continues mining.

Edit:
Actually, add to that that the Samson will hold off on returning to port this time around. It's got a 20k cargo-hold, and only one mining tools, so it can wait before going back and selling.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 01:43:28 am by techno65535 »
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2010, 11:01:32 pm »

Automation:
The Jolly Dwarf will fly around scanning various mining areas. if it finds ore it mines it . If there is no ore left it continues scanning. if its tanks are full it will return to base
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2010, 08:12:03 am »

Automation: Galens Flush will vaccum the closest gas cloud for 5 turns, then return to the base. Continue until the gas cloud is emptied.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Nimitz

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Close
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2010, 02:40:15 am »

Automation: The Pioneer will mine the nearest asteroid field, returning to base when the tanks are full.

Btw, are they any research projects in this game? :P

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2010, 07:42:47 pm »

Automation: The Pioneer will mine the nearest asteroid field, returning to base when the tanks are full.

Btw, are they any research projects in this game? :P

Why not? Turn up after I finish my first sucession game. (Wait a while.)

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2010, 07:56:13 pm »

How goes the succession game USEC?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13