Ignore

Nothing
- 0 (0%)
Nothing else
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 21, 2010, 03:27:14 pm

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: Starcorp RTD-Killed. Go home. Scram. Away with you.  (Read 10460 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Starcorp RTD-It's Starting!
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2010, 05:31:12 pm »

RP Post 3!

Loading current news...

New Developments in the race for control of U-12342!

A 5th column-Shadowrun Inc.!
A grueling round of last minute negotiations between USEC and Shadowrun Inc has just reached conclusion, and it's been confirmed-Shadowrun is an official player in U-12342. Many believed, by USEC's own admission, only 4 companies were to be contracted for this lucrative deal, so this has come as a suprise. All 4 companies already approved have lodged complaints alleging vote tampering and bribery, as well as violation of the original charter laid down. Both USEC officials and Shadowrun CEO's have refused to comment.

War in U-12342?
It has been widely speculated that the race for resources in U-12342 will result in bloodshed-the relative lawlessness of the system, combined with the high profit potential is certainly worrying. Groups are already beginning to circle, foremost among them Ravage Corp, the infamous mercenary group known for deploying in the hottest warzones, if you can meet their price...

Along with that, all the Corps involved are putting in orders for advanced "defensive" weapons and ships, many of which could even be considered illegal. For now, USEC is banning all high grade weapons sales and the hiring of any 3rd party security groups, until the system can be policed more throughly.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2010, 06:42:11 pm »

Nicely done. Are you going to be doing this through the whole game by chance?
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2010, 11:18:48 pm »

Nicely done. Are you going to be doing this through the whole game by chance?

Why not? RP posts break up the boredom between turns anyway lol
I'll try and write things from a overhead view, personally, as to why and how things are happening.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2010, 11:59:47 pm »

Keep them up. They're good and I had to do a double-take to realize that you weren't the OP.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2010, 12:34:11 am »

I added captain name a loooooooong time ago. :P
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2010, 12:55:57 am »

You should have named the captain Urist. :P

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2010, 03:03:14 pm »

Just have to do the flavour for Bob Smith, and work a little bit on the map before we start. SHADOWdump will not be playing this turn, so don't worry that your precious starting ships will be destroyed.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2010, 03:22:26 pm »

Just have to do the flavour for Bob Smith, and work a little bit on the map before we start. SHADOWdump will not be playing this turn, so don't worry that your precious starting ships will be destroyed.
We aren't pirates! >:O

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2010, 03:25:17 pm »

We aren't pirates! >:O

Then what's the point? To defend ships against other, unarmed ships?

Turn up now!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2010, 03:29:04 pm »

Then what's the point? To defend ships against other, unarmed ships?
Well if there are going to be pirates, I assume that's what we'll be defending against.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starcorp RTD-Turn 1: Jumping the Gun.
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2010, 03:34:35 pm »

4207: January 1st:

Lieut. Commander James Madiosn always considered himself a cunning man (though many would disagree.) James considered his transfer to E-12342 to be one of the highlights of his career. Four greedy corporations in conflict. James laughed with joy at the amount of bribes he could receive.

A banquet was prepared for the launching of the ships tomorrow. Space colonies being what they are, the feast was basic rations, and was held in the mess hall. However that did not prevent all the stops from being pulled, few they may be. The captains and the commander had their own table, and the cutlery had been polished. The commander was seated in the center of the table, of course. Ben Beardlacking was seated at the far left, in a green PSI jumpsuit (‘U’ having more important things to do than design uniforms.) Next to him was Bob Smith, dressed in a more stylish ensemble. To the right of James was Richard Yates, in the militaristic uniform of the Aeon Security Services. Richard was currently arguing with Galen White, who was seated to his right. The only way that one would associate Galen with Westar Intergalactic was the boar sewn upon his heart, the only piece of uniform that Westar requires.

Suddenly, two figures burst through the doors. “What the hell are you doing here?” James demanded when he recognized the faces of Jacob Valence and Alice Valent.

“This is a banquet for the captains, is it not?” replied Alice. “So I figured me and Jacob ought to be here.”

“What are you talking about?”

And aide whispered to James through his implants. “They’re right. I don’t know how they did it, but they managed to secure the rights to mine E-12342. Forms just came in through the hyperrelays.”

James forced a smile before replying. “Well, it looks like you are correct. While we were not prepared for your arrival, I’m sure we can order something from the kitchens?”

Jacob snorted. “Like we’d ever eat anything you offered us. Nah, we just came to see your ugly little face again.”

As they left, James wondered if his old post in Bernia was still open.

Spoiler: PSI (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Westar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lazorz inc. (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Aeon Security Services (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shadowrun (click to show/hide)

@SHADOWdump: We'll need to find some pirates first.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2010, 03:46:07 pm »

Turn Actions: For lack of better words, I'm moving toward the gas cloud closest to the station, and positioning myself in between where it is and where it will be. I'll start mining there.

Galen White gave the order to undock, glad he had been able to thwart the AEON scums petty trick. And a bit annoyed he hadn't thought of it himself...he did a quick diagnostic. Gas pumps, at a hundred percent efficency, storage tanks, maximum pressure. Fusion engine...running a little wonky. He would have to send Ernesta to fix the magnetic field...again.

He tapped his holo-display and watched the system map pop-up. He saw his target-a small gas cloud floating near the base. Military Probes had put it at 78% high grade Helium. Nice. Helium was used heavily in insustrial sized fusion generators!

He wished his own ship had been able to fit sensor equipment, but, life is life...next payday, he might contact Westar HQ for the funds to hire up a "sensor mule"-usually an Ant class ship, a single pilot, equipped with only the bare minimum. Hell, most spacers he knew started out like that. It was dangerous work, but it got you a start, and you could learn skills that would keep you alive.

OOC: USEC, I assume I will take damage from my move correct? Running *into* a gas cloud/asteroid field, or it running into you, will it cause damage? If so, how much?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 10:51:17 pm by Dwarmin »

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2010, 03:49:54 pm »

I find the two yellow colors to be a bit too similar.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2010, 04:11:22 pm »

Clever Dream heads west-northwest toward the small nebula and scans it while the Samson begins it's trek west toward the asteroid field.

Blackdutchie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2010, 04:35:32 pm »

Bill and Ted both head for where the North-western, closest to station nebula is going to be. (5 moves/5 possible moves)
U: 'Gentlemen, the closest nebula is your target. your ships are outfitted with vacuums and a container respectively. Bill, keep on Ted's ass or he won't be able to siphon the gas onto your ship.'
Bill: 'Fine, i'm going already!'
Ted: 'Understood, headed for extraction zone.'
Quote from: Bauglir
Quote from: Flying Carcass
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
The first lesson taught by DF is patience.
The second: Madness.
The third: Magma, properly applied, solves all problems.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13