Ignore

Nothing
- 0 (0%)
Nothing else
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 21, 2010, 03:27:14 pm

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: Starcorp RTD-Killed. Go home. Scram. Away with you.  (Read 10462 times)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Starcorp RTD-Turn 10: MONEY!
« Reply #105 on: September 09, 2010, 06:58:49 am »

Not entrenching on your business SHADOW. Blasting it off into outer space...  (Remember your contract to protect the Rach Colony? 8))
If I recall correctly, I remember one of your corvettes fired off a flurry of missiles haphazardly and a few hit your own ships. Then the corvette activated it's hyperdrive and RAN AWAY.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 09, 2010, 07:06:36 am »

Is anyone else worried that it only said that Safety Zone employees were unharmed? Who had been in that 'base' when it was blasted? Rival corp employees? Slaves? Innocent miners just trying to do their actual job?
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 09, 2010, 07:07:31 am »

Ahah, no, that was the contract about creating a fake terrorrist attack to justify invading a ressources-rich system. Good time.  :D

Concerning Mr. techno65535's concern, I'll just say that we acted under standard R.O.E. and respected the legislation currently in effect in the Atolant worlds. Those sqquatters were given were there illegally, received warnings beforehands (They were written on the first bombs.)

Anyway, they fired first on us, which is piracy.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 07:11:02 am by Sheb »

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 09, 2010, 07:12:03 am »

Face it people, Safety Zone's captain roster has contained a few members without the balls to actually earn their pay. There is always a chance you'll end up with some witless trigger happy maniac. That corvette's captain showed signs of both.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 09, 2010, 07:19:13 am »

I could sue you for diffamation, but I know that our clients won't listen to you. (Didn't the USECCN reported the destruction of that colony you've been paid to protect jsut a day or two ago?)

And then, I think the real way for Corporations like ours to settle our different are over some juicy market share. What about we use the E-12342 system as an arena? It's just started to be exploited, is full of pirates and mining corps baring the tooth, but with no claws to back up their menace.

I say the company to make the least money out of E-12342 declare the other one to be the best. Deal? Ship wreckage count as losses...

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 09, 2010, 07:28:47 am »

I could sue you for diffamation, but I know that our clients won't listen to you. (Didn't the USECCN reported the destruction of that colony you've been paid to protect jsut a day or two ago?)
Oh I was just waaaaiting for you to bring that up. Did you really think my forces wouldn't notice stickers? That ship was one of yours with our logos slapped onto the sides!

I say the company to make the least money out of E-12342 declare the other one to be the best. Deal? Ship wreckage count as losses...
Hmm... Although I expect nothing less than sabotage from you in some manner or another. Alright... Might be some fun.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 09, 2010, 07:34:09 am »

You know, after comparing the captain roster for Safety Zone and Shadowrun I realized something. Their captains are nothing but pansies and bullies that won't do anything unless they're in a group. And they're no good at anything needing finesse. You would be amazed at what some of our captains have managed to do. I can think of one who could whip the vast majority of your captains asses without breaking a sweat. Hell, this guy took over a 3 kilometer wide, 1.5 kilometer long close-combat carrier with a crew of 30. It's now his primary ship.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 09, 2010, 07:40:04 am »

Stickers? You're going raving mad. As if I would do that for NO MONEY? Anyway see you on E-12342. Suckers.

NEWS - Bill Smith, corvette captain for Safety Zone Inc. has been found death in his cockpit yesterday night, the missile joystick poking from his head. "An internal inquiry suggest that he slipped on the floor of the cockpit" said Bruce Darong, Safety zone's spokeperson "We issued anti-slip soles to every crewmember to prevent such a tragedy to occur again". Bill Smith was well known in conspirationnist circles as the perpetrators of the terribe 9/11/4201 attacks. The Supreme Court found set him free due to a lack of proof.

Edit: I've heard some good things about your captains, but I think SHADOW will agree with me that war is a professional's job. Individual skill cannot compete with strategy, training and good tactics. Your captains are fundamentally individualist, who cannot acts effectively as a squadron.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 07:46:45 am by Sheb »

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 09, 2010, 07:53:59 am »

That maybe so, but I've yet to see a fleet be able to beat Jonas and the Triton with all her teeth bared and all fighters deployed. That is one tough ship.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 09, 2010, 08:12:23 am »

Should we take it as a bet? I'm ready to file a 3-ship squadron against your captain. Winner take 100.000$ and the loser's ship(s). Deal?

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 09, 2010, 08:59:18 am »

If I can ever talk the bastard into coming to this sector I'll consider it.

(Go read the Spinward Fringe series of books. You can get them at www.smashwords.com The first one, Broadcast 0, is free even. It's where I get the ideas for my ships/captains.)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 09, 2010, 09:00:49 am »

(Sorry, my reading list is more than full. :/)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 09, 2010, 04:10:24 pm »

Not entrenching on your business SHADOW. Blasting it off into outer space...  (Remember your contract to protect the Rach Colony? 8))
If I recall correctly, I remember one of your corvettes fired off a flurry of missiles haphazardly and a few hit your own ships. Then the corvette activated it's hyperdrive and RAN AWAY.

Wait, you saw a ship with an illegal hyperdrive, and you said nothing? And another thing, what were you doing there anyways?

(Working on finishing touches on the turn.)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Starcorp RTD-Turn 11: PIRATES!
« Reply #118 on: September 09, 2010, 04:40:57 pm »

4207: March 21th:

Ore is at $46

Gas is at $37

"Captains, this is James of the Austin-Ega speaking. Pirates have recently hijacked ships from the Austin-Ega. They managed to escape with ten ships, all from several independent traders and miners. The Austin-Ega's MAC cannon shot seven of the ten hijacked ships down. The three surviving ships are the "Rocky Dream", an EN-42, the "Stroman's Glory", an EN-42L, and the "Storman's Pride", a MOD-02 with two compartments. It is pressumed that the insignia and names of these ships will be changed or removed.

Ravage Corp. and Safety Zone Inc. have been called in to protect you from these pirates, and they will be arriving in less than three months.

he range of the 'safe zone' around the Austin-Ega has been doubled, to the current range of the station's MAC cannon. We wish to remind people that attacking another ship in this 'safe zone' is counted as an attack on the USEC itself. We would also like to ask ships to not attack other ships outside the 'safe zone'.

Currently, the Austin-Ega has no full-time combat ships, and we will gladly accept any donations to outfit several ships which are hanging around the Austin-Ega for full-time military use.

That is all."

Spoiler: PSI (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Westar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lazorz inc. (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Aeon Security Services (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shadowrun (click to show/hide)

SHADOW, Sheb, get some ships ready for turn 20. (You can suggest ship types/equipment, but I have to approve it first)

You have $550 000 each. Make the best of it.

Working on CITs now.

(It takes a turn to change equipment on your ships. Don't think I've missed it.)

Blackdutchie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starcorp RTD-Turn 11: PIRATES!
« Reply #119 on: September 09, 2010, 04:46:27 pm »

I think you missed the vacuum on my girder? (the 40k one that leaves my funds empty but my potential profit OVER 9000)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 04:49:53 pm by Blackdutchie »
Quote from: Bauglir
Quote from: Flying Carcass
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
The first lesson taught by DF is patience.
The second: Madness.
The third: Magma, properly applied, solves all problems.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13