Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Missing: One Ice Island  (Read 5725 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Missing: One Ice Island
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2010, 07:59:00 pm »

Bah, all of Bay 12's attempts to colonize the real world have ended before embark. Honestly, we  couldn't even manage to set up one measly little commune.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2010, 08:09:14 pm »

Yes, but you have me now. And once all of our forces from Michigan get set up, there will be no stopping the influx of migrants. Bay12 will rule the world! Muahahahaha!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2010, 08:11:49 pm »

Can you even imagine how awkward the mandatory invitation to join the UN would be?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2010, 08:14:19 pm »

Considering that we're all guilty of multiple crimes against humanity?

Pretty damn awkward.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2010, 08:15:22 pm »

Can you even imagine how awkward the mandatory invitation to join the UN would be?

"We just thought it would be fun, really.  Hey, you guys got any food?  None of us know how to farm or build anything, and we ran out of money buying the island..."

Bah, all of Bay 12's attempts to colonize the real world have ended before embark. Honestly, we  couldn't even manage to set up one measly little commune.

And Lord knows we "tried".  You know how hard it is to get thirteen people to buy an apartment together?  It's pretty hard.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2010, 10:02:29 pm »

FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2010, 10:10:35 pm »

13 people, one apartment? Good God no.

What we need is a compound.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2010, 10:17:36 pm »

Well, it's good to know we aren't on our way to becoming a crazy splinter political faction revolving around the best freeware game of all time.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2010, 10:18:22 pm »

Well, it's good to know we aren't on our way to becoming a crazy splinter political faction revolving around the best freeware game of all time.

It would be pretty awesome though.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2010, 10:23:58 pm »

That philosophy seems to govern pretty all of our plans and decisions.  Would be a Hell of a way to run a country.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2010, 10:30:50 pm »

That philosophy seems to govern pretty all of our plans and decisions.  Would be a Hell of a way to run a country.

Hastiness, reckless abandon, gross overestimation of our actual abilities, and the likely possibility of certain death have only occasionally stopped us before.

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2010, 10:34:35 pm »

I'd be game, if it weren't for the bot flies and deadly caterpillars and such. Brazil is its own terrifying biome, complete with sieging drug-lords and rampaging howler monkeys.

On topic, this is probably linked to all that friendly methane that appears to be mobilizing for a warm hug in the arctic.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 10:36:13 pm by Eagleon »
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2010, 10:43:39 pm »

See, this could have become a big political argument on global warming. But then DF was introduced. And all was calm. I swear, it's an uncanny effect.

Quote from:  Wikipedia, 2030 A.D.

Bay 12

The sovergin awecracy of Bay 12 was formed on 2010, October 23rd. The country was founded by the internet forum Bay 12 on a detached iceburg, which was quickly expanded through the community purchase of a private island.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2010, 10:50:19 pm »

I'd be game, if it weren't for the bot flies and deadly caterpillars and such. Brazil is its own terrifying biome, complete with sieging drug-lords and rampaging howler monkeys.

There are plenty of other places in the world to buy islands, ser. Nothing near that big, but it may be too much for us anyway.

Also, I know how to grow crops, make them into useful food, raise animals, make them into useful food, and cook. And I'm a martial arts instructor. Also, with all the computer scientists and enthusiasts on this board, we could create a super-secure banking interface, force our way onto the market and cripple dominate the world's economy, essentially being able to import anything we need/want at will. i7 processors for everyone!

Also, I reiterate: MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2010, 03:10:54 am »

If we somehow all do end up on some remote island somewhere, dibs on the rotting pig head. And I always get the conch.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7